ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Anzo projector headlights for my 02 es300 - how to remove headlights?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-12, 04:09 PM
Patsum
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anzo projector headlights for my 02 es300 - how to remove headlights?

Amazon Amazon

I bought a pair of those anzo headlights for 176 plus free shipping.

They have projectors in them and the halos. I thought for $176... it's a good deal as my stock non projector halogen headlights on my 2002 es300 were getting dull and clouded... instead of refinishing them for 30-75$ depending on getting UV film or not that I would buy these. put them on... get an HID bulb+ ballast kit for 4300K for $80 free shipping and have great headlights then sell my old housings online

I will report back with pictures and comparisons. I will install one on the one and leave my stock in the right and take night pictures and the works so you all can compare.

Anyone know how to get the headlight assemblies out easily? possibly with a diagram or pictures?

I hope the projector glass size is the same as OEM but somehow I doubt it...
Old 03-11-12, 04:49 PM
Charlesc87
Driver School Candidate

I can't help ya with the uninstall but I'm excited to see how it looks! Should be straightforward if it's anything like my Camry. How do you power the halo anyways? Is it an additional circuit? Definitely get us some pics! Thanks
Old 03-13-12, 12:24 AM
AlphaOnion
Pole Position

The halos are a little complicated. I bought a set of halos for my '94 ES that were meant to be installed directly into the OEM headlight housings. You're supposed to split the wire for the parking lights and wire the halos into that circuit to replace them. My set came with no instructions so I had to figure them out myself, but they turned out great and make my car look BADASS and much more agressive.
Old 03-13-12, 12:27 AM
Patsum
Pole Position

that is what the website says. I will splice them into my parking lights.

for the love of god, does anyone know how to remove the 02-06 es headlight assembly?

I have the headlights next to me and yet I cannot install them.
Old 03-14-12, 09:47 PM
Patsum
Pole Position

i got the headlights in the mail today!

compared to my 2002 halogens... these are like brand new and look so great! I was afraid they would use a cheap small projector but it is the same size as OEM. They also integrated the Halo wiring into the parking light so I have NO splicing to do.

I am very pleased with these as will install them in the morning and report back on fit and finish and performance.

These do not look or feel like cheap quality. they feel and look lexus quality.

Old 03-14-12, 09:51 PM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

You gotta pull the bumper off. If you searched you would find a thread where a member converted his reflectors to projectors, oem.

The look good now, let's see in a year...
Old 03-14-12, 09:52 PM
Patsum
Pole Position

yes. I now know that. I did search and found little but did find that the bumper must come off to switch these out.

I will report back in 3-6-9-12 months to show how they age.
Old 03-15-12, 09:06 AM
JSM1284
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

The light output is going to be greatly reduced compared to stock.
Old 03-15-12, 11:40 PM
Patsum
Pole Position

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lF_57...ature=youtu.be

That is the video of the lights installed at night.

It was a pain in the *** to install. Getting to the 4 screws for the headlight on my ES is ridiculous.

My drivers side headlight is not adjusted and badly needs to be. that is why I stand in front of it

I am using the free halogen bulbs that came with the kit. Will install HID this weekend and report back. The light output is equal to stock. not less than.

Very happy with purchase so far. The halo's look great and came prewired. No splicing at all.
Old 03-16-12, 08:28 AM
Charlesc87
Driver School Candidate

Looks great. You mentioned 55w HIDs, is that next? Heard the difference isnt significant but I could be wrong. Definitely like the look of those, and I'd really like to see some day shots sometime.
Old 03-16-12, 08:29 AM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

Right on! I normally hate these things but it looks great. Maybe get a nice nokya halogen bulb for the low beams? Its gotta be a halogen projector if the headlights didn't come with wiring for oem ballasts and bulbs.
Old 03-16-12, 03:24 PM
Patsum
Pole Position

well after some tinkering and adjusting I finally have the Xenon H7 55 watt bulbs and ballasts in. they are 4300K and are a hell of a lot brighter than the best halogens I had.

Here is where I am now not happy.

The cut off line of these projectors is beyond screwy... I have never seen one like them and do not like it

Instead of being straight across with an oval cut in half they are nothing like that...

Here are two pictures of halogen on the left and Xenon on the right

the next is both xenon.

Let me know what you think... I am not happy with the wacky cut off with their stock bulbs they sent or my stock halogens I have or the xenons...

Old 03-18-12, 10:36 PM
KS13
Driver

They look really nice but idk if I want to do that on my 02 ES. I was originally going to get 05-06 OEM ES330 headlights but after i found out I had to remove the bumper to do this I changed my mind. My ES300 headlights are turning yellow, and I've used the toothpaste trick on them and it helped a little but they're still a bit yellow around the sides.
Old 03-18-12, 10:38 PM
Patsum
Pole Position

It is worth it..just pay your local auto garage $60 like me and be done with it to install them.

light at night is incredible. Absolutely incredible with these. OEM 330 projectors would be better though.
Old 03-19-12, 03:26 AM
KS13
Driver

Yeah I really like the halo effect! I might just do that, but not sure if they'll last.

Quick Reply: Anzo projector headlights for my 02 es300 - how to remove headlights?