ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

'93 es300 CarPC +Pics! :D

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-13, 03:01 AM
dewso1
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quick update:
The ES is currently at the mechanics getting the timing belt (and all associated gaskets and assemblies), water pump, rocker cover gaskets, valve cover gaskets, spark plugs and cables replaced, and everything else cleaned and prepped. Sort of like an engine bay rebuild, instead of just the engine. :P

In terms of mods since then, I've done a lot!
My car is now controlled via siri, the touchscreen mirrors and controls the iPhone display (much like the mimics kit, but imo much better and cheaper), I have a mounting place for my phone with a dedicated charger running all the way behind the dash and coming out near the drivers air vent, and as soon as my car is back i'm installing my integrated handsfree system that I have ready to go.
It consists of an Andrea Electronics Superbeam Array mic, with Noise and Echo reduction. Ive tested it out and it can pick my voice loud and clear going down the highway with almost no audible wind noise.
Theres a whole list of things I can do now I have siri Integration, but the most notable ones have to be;
Hands-free navigation, just say where I want to go and it will take me there!
Pandora/Spotify/Grooveshark Integration, I can ask it to play any song and it will play it from the internet.
Hands-free texting, Not something i use very much, but in an emergency its a lot safer than using the phone
And most of all, my iPhone is a much better stereo interface than any other Front end. And I'm still running windows underneath so if I need any other CarPC functions they are still useable.

Pictures of everything will be coming after I get my car back, get everything installed, and finish cleaning up the interior. Its gonna look brand new
Old 01-17-14, 03:00 AM
gem9209
Driver School Candidate

Looks super clean
Glad to see other proud es owners out there
Old 01-21-14, 03:15 AM
dewso1
Driver

Originally Posted by gem9209
Looks super clean
Glad to see other proud es owners out there
I wish I had the money to keep it cleaner! The paint on the front of the car isn't the best, and I rear ended someone (never drive on no sleep!) and luckily only got a tiny 5cm dent in the front and a scratch. And the leather is going to **** because I can't get any decent reconditioning kits here for less than $100. The back seats are okay apart from the bits in the sun, but the drivers seat is going downhill pretty fast
Old 02-03-14, 12:59 AM
gem9209
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dewso1
I wish I had the money to keep it cleaner! The paint on the front of the car isn't the best, and I rear ended someone (never drive on no sleep!) and luckily only got a tiny 5cm dent in the front and a scratch. And the leather is going to **** because I can't get any decent reconditioning kits here for less than $100. The back seats are okay apart from the bits in the sun, but the drivers seat is going downhill pretty fast
I feel that, upkeep is definatly expensive.
my paint isn't the best either its solid black but in little spots you can see the original (plum crazy purple lol) color, I think your paint still looks really good, oh noooo! that sucks I would be devastated if that happened to mi baby.
yeah iv got about the same wear and tear on mine as well im thinking of just upgrading everything interior wise to black and grey iv got this weird almost faded black upholstery

iv also seen some youtube vids of people repairing and painting seats that's actually quite helpful iv thought about trying it myself
Old 02-03-14, 02:17 AM
deez188
Driver School Candidate

I find patience works well with looking/searching for the right things around and for a quick deal. I generally buy my products being "refinish" products through my work instead of buying things in a quarter of the quantity and so on. Before I swapped the interior out of the two ES300's one being a 92 model (having the better interior...) than the 95 model (just used as a rolling shell) They had a bit of wear, more so the drivers seat of course than the others. I used Armor All Wipes at 1st before I bought the bulk container of leather conditioner and other types of conditioners for other parts of the car, I let them sit for a while in decent heat (as our country is renowned for, at this time of year) They came up pretty good.

I did however spend a bit of cash like you mentioned. You have to though, to achieve the quality and results you want. So go for it.