ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

'93 es300 CarPC +Pics! :D

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-12, 12:04 AM
Hoovey689
Forum Moderator

Received 126 Likes on 84 Posts

nice mods. ES's need more love like this!
Old 06-20-12, 04:09 PM
Bdub215
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by dewso1
Bdub14- No it doesn't have foglights, honestly it doesnt seem worth the cost to me, looking at a couple of hundred for OEM used ones, could probably get some generic ones, but then whats the difference between them and my strips? Hehe.
Not to mention its never foggy here, and its illegal to have foglights turned on at any time of day unless it is bad conditions. (Although alot of people do it as a replacement for driving lights, id rather draw the least amount of attention from the police as possible)

Anyways, i finished the wiring before, mounted them in the different places with blu-tack, and honestly i think i can pull off the OEM look after i replace my bulbs (which i was going to do anyways) and cut out the bumper so they sit flush.

But if they arent up to my standards ill be taking them off, and i think they look awesome anyways

No matter how tacky something seems, as long as its done right it can always look good. I just hope this is one of those occasions.
This is a picture of my car my friend took sunday night.. I think it speaks for itself. Its also been done where the fogs were modified to get turned into driving lights (i guess separating the circuit). There' s probably a DIY for it somewhere. Now if there's height regulations that have to be met, then this plan fails.

Old 06-20-12, 10:52 PM
dewso1
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bdub215
This is a picture of my car my friend took sunday night.. I think it speaks for itself. Its also been done where the fogs were modified to get turned into driving lights (i guess separating the circuit). There' s probably a DIY for it somewhere. Now if there's height regulations that have to be met, then this plan fails.
Holy crap, your car is amazing.

Driving lights have to be white here, is it possible to change the colour?
Id love the colour of your headlights too, but its illegal to have them that blue -_- I feel like i live in a nanny state!

There are height regulations, but im not to sure on them.

Im thinking about buying some better quality driving lights, I just came into a little bit of money, and my current ones are a little too blue, and not very bright. Good part is i wont have to re-do any wiring, and can re-use the harness from these ones. Ive decided to leave them until i find something that truly looks good, your foglights are looking good too. Ill have to read up on the laws

Hoovey2411- Thanks!
Old 07-26-12, 12:08 AM
dewso1
Driver

Wheel on, as you can see, lowering is badly needed.

18x8 235/40/18

Last edited by dewso1; 02-24-13 at 09:00 AM.
Old 07-26-12, 12:40 AM
Hayk
Lead Lap

Received 295 Likes on 233 Posts

The wheel doesn't flow with the curves of the car. I feel like it would be better suited for something boxy. I liked your previous wheels much better, they made your 2ES look more modern.
Old 07-26-12, 06:10 AM
dewso1
Driver

Originally Posted by MrBooby
The wheel doesn't flow with the curves of the car. I feel like it would be better suited for something boxy. I liked your previous wheels much better, they made your 2ES look more modern.
My previous were stock D:
Anyways, they do look alot better in person, i've received compliments from strangers already! its melbourne so people are used to seeing aftermarket wheels too And the car was slightly jacked in that above photo, i realised afterwards.
I do understand where you're coming from though, hopefully with lowering they flow alot more nicely. Its all just $$$ though.

EDIT: Cars lowered now.

Last edited by dewso1; 08-29-12 at 12:38 AM.
Old 08-29-12, 12:37 AM
dewso1
Driver

Exclamation

Pictures time! I apologize some are blurry. My DSLR was out of batteries and i had no spares.

I also apologize for the amount of photos.

I'll start off with my paint, it still looks amazing almost 20 years later, and catches the sunlight like no other stock paint i've ever seen.

My wish list now:
Camber Bolts; Look nice, plus even wear for my tyres. Win-win.
Exhaust system; Just a nice burble would be nice. Doesnt have to be loud.
Full detail with paint touchup; Rock chips are annoying the $%^& out of me.
And once im old enough, off my probationary license, some performance mods may be the go. Who knows

I also need to clean my carpet, but thats hardly a job ^_^

288,000k's and still going strong and smooth.
Old 09-03-12, 12:45 AM
AntzCro
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dewso, Nice job man, i love the look of your es.
That paint is immaculate.
Are those restrictions in place in victoria ? where a p-plater can not have any modifications that improve performaance ??
Here in canberra, we p-platers can do as we wish.
We can drive v10 supercharged amg's on our L's and P plates.
It's a stupid restriction to be honest.

Where did you get your projectors from ?
Old 09-04-12, 12:15 AM
dewso1
Driver

Originally Posted by AntzCro
Dewso, Nice job man, i love the look of your es.
That paint is immaculate.
Are those restrictions in place in victoria ? where a p-plater can not have any modifications that improve performaance ??
Here in canberra, we p-platers can do as we wish.
We can drive v10 supercharged amg's on our L's and P plates.
It's a stupid restriction to be honest.

Where did you get your projectors from ?
Thanks!
Yes, we have those restrictions, not aloud to have over 125hp per tonne, no turbo or supercharger no matter what car even if its stock, and nothing over a medium power V6. Thats pretty much the basics.
I can see where they come from, my friends in the country would probably kill themselves within a day if they were aloud to have such powerful cars, going out the dirt roads and stuff. People in the city though seem to be much more responsible, probably cause theres too much traffic to do anything reckless Still, stupid people will always be stupid.

I've got a K&N air filter installed, which is technically illegal, but im sure they wont defect me for it, be absolutely stupid if they did.

And my car is a 93 model, 92-96 come stock with projector headlights

Anyways, I'll get a picture up in the next couple of days of it from a better angle showing how the wheels look. You dont really get a sense of how they look with the car in those pictures.
Old 09-04-12, 12:25 AM
Hayk
Lead Lap

Received 295 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by dewso1
Thanks!
Yes, we have those restrictions, not allowed to have over 125hp per tonne, no turbo or supercharger no matter what car even if its stock, and nothing over a medium power V6. Thats pretty much the basics.
I can see where they come from, my friends in the country would probably kill themselves within a day if they were aloud to have such powerful cars, going out the dirt roads and stuff. People in the city though seem to be much more responsible, probably cause theres too much traffic to do anything reckless Still, stupid people will always be stupid.

I've got a K&N air filter installed, which is technically illegal, but im sure they wont defect me for it, be absolutely stupid if they did.

And my car is a 93 model, 92-96 come stock with projector headlights

Anyways, I'll get a picture up in the next couple of days of it from a better angle showing how the wheels look. You dont really get a sense of how they look with the car in those pictures.
I'm ever so grateful to be a US Citizen.
Old 09-04-12, 12:54 AM
AntzCro
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, Those restrictions are crazy.
Lucky i live in the nations capital..
Apparently i have been told that, if i get pulled over by vehicle inspection officers, they can defect me because my rims are 2 inches bigger than stock size, because apparently it's a danger.... :\
Australian laws with cars, the government is a joke.
Old 09-04-12, 01:37 AM
dewso1
Driver

Ugh, i'm dreading the day i get inspected. If the officers in a bad mood ill probably have to take my computer, lights, and suspension off cause im still on stock struts. And my speedo needle is blacked out so i'd have to fix it first aswell.
I dont think we have anything to do with rims here, too many commodores with 20"s around for that law to be feasible.

It is all a joke really.
Old 02-23-13, 07:17 AM
dewso1
Driver

Default Back from the dead!

Hey everybody, haven't been active the past 4-5 months or so, mainly because everything is working perfectly! Most reliable car I've ever seen, not showing its age one bit!
Also because I've ran out of things to do that don't cost alot of money, any suggestions welcome!

She's going in for her first mechanic service since 15,000ks, I've been doing oil changes and filter cleanings, but due to money constraints thats all I've been doing.

The engine has been ticking very very lightly, pretty normal considering I hear it in cars more often than them not ticking, but id still like to get it looked at. Any idea what that might be?

Also its transmission has been a bit rough, a few missed gears over the past couple of weeks. Im guessing a nice fluid change should help that though.

A list of things I want done are:
Get fuel injectors cleaned
Possibly throttle body cleaned, but it was done not too long ago. Wouldn't mind some new intake rubber.
Clean the fuel filter.
Get the Oil filter adapter O ring replaced, I believe thats where a very small leak is coming from.
Oil change, filter replaced, air filter cleaned, new trans fluid.
See if it needs a timing belt adjustment or throttle cable adjustment.

Is there anything else that I should get looked at or done? ODO Reading is 295,800 kms and the timing belt doesn't need replacing yet.
Love some feedback, and here are some recent photos!
As you can see, for 20 years she's looking great ^_^

Last edited by dewso1; 02-24-13 at 09:00 AM.
Old 03-06-13, 10:42 PM
dewso1
Driver

Thinking about getting a muffler after the service. Im leaning towards a Magnaflow 14832, like DixonPai.

Should this still give a similar sound on my ES?

Heres another picture for you all

Is it just me or are the ES forums a bit more dead than they used to be

Old 04-09-13, 10:14 AM
dewso1
Driver

Just thought I'd drop in and say that I had a full diagnostics done by the local mechanic and a carbon deposit clean done (which cost $120, bit pissed about that seems I could've done it myself for cheaper but eh).

Basically the engine is in top notch condition, the transmissions a little worn and could do with some new fluid, I have a small oil leak coming from the rocker cover gasket and a semi-major coolant leak from around the pump.

Obviously coolant leak is top of my priority right now, but unfortunately cant actually get any toyota coolant here (which its been running on all its life) and I haven't got enough money to fix the leak right now. So I've had to mix the coolant for the time being with some truly nasty cheap stuff. The temps gone up 1.5 bars since I've done this so i'm not the happiest about it.

Positive though, the cars been a lot more responsive and was better with its gear selection (strangely).

Can't wait till I can get going on some better mods!

Quick Reply: '93 es300 CarPC +Pics! :D