ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

What have you done to your ES today?

Old 12-16-14, 03:10 PM
funcrusher
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts

Ordered a component system and bought my subs and double din at a shop. Ordering my amps and sound deadener next week probably
Old 12-19-14, 09:46 AM
imherenow
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

the car has been having issues with rear noise (brake related) so after showing it to local mechanic whos really good, said its a break show rubbing aganist the rotor and so he changed the pads and rotors too..all in all it was $300. not bad i think .Oh and i changed to 0W30 oil for better cold start ups. Sooo much better now . loving my car even more.
Also just wondering does your car still moves (on level road) when the handbrake is engaged.
Attached Thumbnails What have you done to your ES today?-img_0272.jpg   What have you done to your ES today?-img_0277.jpg   What have you done to your ES today?-img_0279.jpg   What have you done to your ES today?-img_0284.jpg   What have you done to your ES today?-img_0286.jpg  

Old 12-27-14, 11:05 AM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

Replaced the alternator belt, I wasn't able to do the power steering belt though, my bak was killing me and I couldn't get to the bolt above the power steeribg pulley, I hate to leave it not completely finished, but I guess I'll just pay someone to do that belt later one. The alternator belt was in way worse shape and was fraying and squeaking so at least I got it out of he way. The belts were Dayco, but said lexus. I was surprised as they look to be the original belts and all of my other lexus have Mitsuboshi? Belts. Anyways, here's a pic of the original belt with 78k miles on it
Attached Thumbnails What have you done to your ES today?-image.jpg  
Old 02-19-15, 09:00 AM
imherenow
Racer

finally got the TRD filter!!. Its PTR43-00080 part number.Its the same height as YZZD1 oem toyota filter..1st time using the TRD filter. i will do oil change hopefully soon. i was only surprised to see no pre-oil and a plastic cover to cover the O-ring like you find in OEM toyota filters.
Attached Thumbnails What have you done to your ES today?-img_0416.jpg   What have you done to your ES today?-img_0417.jpg  
Old 03-15-15, 01:45 AM
Gerson
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haven't been here in a long while but last Monday I finally managed to get my ES 5 speed dynoed after I done a few repairs to improve the drive ability issues. 6 years of ownership and still keeping it to unlock potential of this awesome platform. I replaced the parts with Denso o2 sensors, brand new OEM bimetal VSV for the EGR, vacuum lines, oil change, and bleed the cooling system (that was required after the VSV replacement since it's on the water neck. Did a reset on the ECU by removing the EFI fuse for a good while to relearn the fuel trims and erase codes if any. Drove great and felt better than before. The numbers weren't so great but for a rebuilt engine with only an AEM CAI from a 94-96 Camry 1MZ application (discontinued years ago) it was decent. I'm gonna check over the timing, ACIS function, and use a vacuum gauge to check for exhaust restriction for a possibility of a clogged cat. The exhaust is oem and nearly 300k miles but hey, I'm happy I did the dyno and gonna do another run after fixing a few things to get a better baseline runs and do turbo hopefully before the year ends.

What have you done to your ES today?-forumrunner_20150315_033641.png
Attached Thumbnails What have you done to your ES today?-forumrunner_20150315_033701.png  

Last edited by Gerson; 03-15-15 at 01:49 AM.
Old 03-18-15, 06:22 PM
imherenow
Racer

the steering wheel has some bad discoloration and things were peeling off ..so i went and temporary bought a wheel cover and i think i like it . it matches with the interior colour and also the feel is very thick. where you hold has a cloth material so it does not feel cold to touch on those very cold mornings. very sporty feel
i think i will be looking for a wood steering as some members here have done so. but will wait for a good deal .

Also i "painted" the "L" logo with silver paint brush. sorry the pic is at night . but it has a nice touch
Attached Thumbnails What have you done to your ES today?-lexus.jpg   What have you done to your ES today?-img_0454.jpg  

Last edited by imherenow; 03-19-15 at 08:15 PM.
Old 03-20-15, 06:25 AM
ZeusES300
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys. Just finished installing new moog full assembly struts on all 4 corners , New moog problem solvers stabilizer link bars, New slotted and drilled rotors with akebono ceramic brake pads all around, SC430 Wheels with 245/40/18ZR rated tires with 8mm Wheel spacers in the back (slight rub on tight corners), New serpentine and power steering belt And still more to come lol.
Old 03-20-15, 08:12 AM
lostape45
Advanced

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

Post up pictures of your new rims! Wow I'm surprised you could fit a 245 tire at all. Does your 8mm spacer have new lug nuts on it?
Old 03-20-15, 09:37 AM
ZeusES300
Rookie

All original lug nuts plus 2 wheel locks on each wheel, i think im going to install a whitline racing RSB & FSB to help with that rub while turning but other then that it rides smooth i dont feel the road that much.
Old 03-20-15, 02:49 PM
lostape45
Advanced

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

Very clean. The tires stick out the perfect amount, I love it. Although I don't still have my ES, I'm curious to see how much of a difference those sway bars make.
Old 03-20-15, 09:21 PM
MPohio
Driver School Candidate

I purchased it today My first Lexus, it is a 2004 es330 with 104k miles. Extremely well taken care of by an elderly couple. Very impressed with it so far as it purrs like a kitten and shifts flawlessly. Luckily They had done the timing / Serp belt and kept up on all their maint and babied it. Inside looks brand new and out side only has a couple "buffable" scratches.
I do need to address a few minor issues,
1.) Tires, going with P7s on Tuesday
2.) Small banging sound from the front end when going down a very bumpy side street.
3.) Mushy feeling from brakes. Check pads, rotors, and shocks(Maybe drain and bleed them).

PS> I did get 32.7 MPG on her maiden voyage home(50 odd miles). Beats the heck out of my 2010 F150!!

Last edited by MPohio; 03-20-15 at 09:50 PM.
Old 03-21-15, 06:45 AM
brucelee1
Racer

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by MPohio
I purchased it today My first Lexus, it is a 2004 es330 with 104k miles. Extremely well taken care of by an elderly couple. Very impressed with it so far as it purrs like a kitten and shifts flawlessly. Luckily They had done the timing / Serp belt and kept up on all their maint and babied it. Inside looks brand new and out side only has a couple "buffable" scratches.
I do need to address a few minor issues,
1.) Tires, going with P7s on Tuesday
2.) Small banging sound from the front end when going down a very bumpy side street.
3.) Mushy feeling from brakes. Check pads, rotors, and shocks(Maybe drain and bleed them).

PS> I did get 32.7 MPG on her maiden voyage home(50 odd miles). Beats the heck out of my 2010 F150!!
Very nice indeed. Did they do the water pump at 100K? If not, you may want to do that too. Also, if you want a great tire for less money, go General Altimax. I had them on that exact car and they are a great tire.
Old 03-21-15, 07:25 AM
MPohio
Driver School Candidate

Thanks bruce. Seeing the Pirellis have a $60 rebate, I think I am going to stick with them. That puts them around $465 installed and they have amazing all weather reviews As for the water pump, I have no idea. The son was the one I dealt with and I will try to get back to him on that and a couple other things. Being a bit older(90's), I am not sure they are completely sure of what was done to it. I am going to have Toyota run the vin to see if it comes up on their site.

I gotta admit, it is the quietest car I have driven in. Can't hear a peep from under the hood from the minute I turn the key. As soon as I figure out what the thumping sounds over rough roads is, I will be very happy.

I have ADHD(Auto dhd) when it comes to cars, I have had 37 vehicles over the years(I am 45). My favorite so far has been the Infiniti FX35. Amazingly fast and comfortable SUV but the resale value is horrible on them.
Old 03-21-15, 07:36 AM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

Had a new flex pipe welded in. I forgot how quiet this car was.
Attached Thumbnails What have you done to your ES today?-image.jpg  
Old 03-21-15, 07:51 AM
brucelee1
Racer

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts

If you go to the MyLexus web page, you can pull up the Lexus service history. The info you seek may be there.

Good luck.

Originally Posted by MPohio
Thanks bruce. Seeing the Pirellis have a $60 rebate, I think I am going to stick with them. That puts them around $465 installed and they have amazing all weather reviews As for the water pump, I have no idea. The son was the one I dealt with and I will try to get back to him on that and a couple other things. Being a bit older(90's), I am not sure they are completely sure of what was done to it. I am going to have Toyota run the vin to see if it comes up on their site.

I gotta admit, it is the quietest car I have driven in. Can't hear a peep from under the hood from the minute I turn the key. As soon as I figure out what the thumping sounds over rough roads is, I will be very happy.

I have ADHD(Auto dhd) when it comes to cars, I have had 37 vehicles over the years(I am 45). My favorite so far has been the Infiniti FX35. Amazingly fast and comfortable SUV but the resale value is horrible on them.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What have you done to your ES today?