ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

What have you done to your ES today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-14, 04:09 PM
PuReChaos
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by speedkar9
Do it up, they are swappable.
I believe you were the one who told me before as well. I've been watching the listings at local pick n pulls but so far 330s are either over priced in that they almost charge as much as a new pair or when they are cheap its because the person got rear ended badly. I'll just have to keep an eye out otherwise I could pick up a pair from sewell/ebay...
Old 01-31-14, 02:45 PM
Gerson
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nothing much on my 92 ES except that the original alternator gave out. Still runs but I don't wanna risk driving back home and get stranded on the highway so it's staying at my dealership this weekend. To give 288k of life is a really good run. I placed an order for a remanufactured Toyota alternator to replace the old one. While I wait for a few days, I'm gonna work on my 95 Corolla that's in pieces getting it all cleaned up and work on my family's rides too.
Old 01-31-14, 05:06 PM
imherenow
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default video on oil change :)

Not very good ..need a better camera 1st
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDNp1...ature=youtu.be
Old 01-31-14, 06:45 PM
msekanha
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PuReChaos

I want those taillights...

They're even prettier when they're illuminated
Old 01-31-14, 08:36 PM
dysopheak
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi ! I have a Lexus ES 330 2005. I lost a steering wheel screw cap and did not know where to find those. Please help me. Thank !
Attached Thumbnails What have you done to your ES today?-img_1070.jpg  
Old 01-31-14, 11:28 PM
PuReChaos
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by msekanha

They're even prettier when they're illuminated
i know. I'm on the search this weekend for a set...
Old 02-01-14, 03:01 AM
gtstcactus
Pole Position

scored 12 x 92-96 model cluster needles today...

3 sets of 4... 1 set has an orange fuel and temp needle and red speedo & tacho needles...

Looks to me as if the 2 red needles were repaired at some stage, and had red leds installed the length of needle. The red ones produce virtually no heat at all which has to be a good thing! Definitely a professional job on those. Looks like I'm gonna have 2 red & 2 orange needles when I install them...

I've got another set of orange ones coming in the mail too looks like I'll be sorted for gauge needles as long as I've got the vehicle....

I might have a go at playing around with my dead needles for the fun of it, now I don't have to worry about screwing them up....
Old 02-01-14, 07:23 PM
Jaden1
Rookie

Just bought my 1999 ES300 a few weeks ago. It has 150k miles on it. Came with no service records, so I decided to do a few things today. Changed the tranny filter and added 4.5 qts of Castrol Transmax High Mileage. I also changed the PCV valve and the spark plugs. I know some people are going to think it's sacrilege, but I put in some NGK V-Powers. Bought six of them for $9, just can't beat that price, and they really weren't that difficult to change, even the back three. Replacing the PCV grommet was a pain the butt. Ended up having to destroy it to take it out and at one point it fell into the valve cover. Real pain fishing it back out. Also rain some Seafoam through the intake and put some of it in the crankcase. We'll see how it runs tomorrow.
Old 02-02-14, 12:04 PM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by PuReChaos
I believe you were the one who told me before as well. I've been watching the listings at local pick n pulls but so far 330s are either over priced in that they almost charge as much as a new pair or when they are cheap its because the person got rear ended badly. I'll just have to keep an eye out otherwise I could pick up a pair from sewell/ebay...
You can grab them for around 50-60$/piece. So for 240$ ish, you have a set, better yet, if you email lot of those ebay wreckers they're more than willing to work with you for a discount on an 'entire set'...

Fwiw, the 00-01 ES tails in North America are still around 100$/per piece on average. The ONE I had replaced last year was just short of 250$ from the dealer [after a 'discounted' rate]...

Food for thought, it's not as expensive as you make it sound dude... try sourcing parts for an 01... then come back and talk 'expensive'.
Old 02-02-14, 12:50 PM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

Just gave the ES a nice wash as it hit 50 degrees here today. Of course there's going to be another snow storm tomorrow which in turn will make the ES filthy again!
Old 02-02-14, 06:52 PM
speedkar9
Lexus Champion

Received 118 Likes on 89 Posts

Woke up this morning and couldn't find my Lexus where I last parked it ...

Walked around and found me a free spoiler, already installed . Perfect color match too.

Old 02-03-14, 05:02 AM
imherenow
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

^^^ haha nice spolier
Old 02-03-14, 11:59 AM
gtstcactus
Pole Position

Got the dead park light working, installed replacement cluster needles....

replaced missing spark plug lead / engine cover with one I got for $3 from wreckers...

Replaced dome fuse again, replaced interior light bulb.....

now just have the inner tie rod to do and the cars all legal again!!
Old 02-12-14, 02:31 AM
gtstcactus
Pole Position

replaced drivers side inner & outer tie rods, installed cabin filter as I didn't have one, replaced dome fuse again...

Put back glove box and surrounding trim after replacing the blower motor and restoring partial function to the heater / a/c..

Should get warrant of fitness 2moro, as I've done everything required!
Old 02-14-14, 11:01 PM
gtstcactus
Pole Position

Wired up a replacement cigarette lighter today as the previous owner had removed the lighter & socket for some reason.... I need it as a power socket, glad to have it done... Really simple job, can't believe I thought I might have to get an auto electrician to do it!!

Also wired up replacement trunk light as previous owner removed that also............. (the previous owner and stuff senselessly being removed is a recurring theme with my car, and provides a small but regular trade for the local pick a part!

replaced dome fuse again - hopefully for the last time!

Gave the car a vacuum and found a Strawberry under the drivers seat! lol, not a real strawberry but it was a strawberry shaped air freshener..... So I now have a strawberry hanging from my rear view mirror....

People might start thinking I'm a fruit, lol

Quick Reply: What have you done to your ES today?