ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Camber questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-11, 09:28 PM
DplanDman8
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Question Camber questions

Hey everyone im reading info on here all the time an i see that a big problem with camber is all over the threads and i too want to know i see that es have the most horrible rear ends for camber but if you get camber bults and coilovers as low as possible and have the pillow ball tops all the way over will it not camber it very much??? im wanting to get coilovers and some xxr 527 chromium black 18x8.75 with like a 35+ offset and i want alot of camber.... is there realy no way to make it stanced i like that hellaflush look????
Old 09-04-11, 11:05 PM
EEngineer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

it's possible
i just dumped my car recently and got the horrible positive camber in the back after installation.

I know the back of the ES cannot adjust the camber very much. so I got the camber bolts and that only gave me -1.2 degrees on the back. I'm planning to slot the top camber bolt hole, so i can push in the spindle assembly inwards and give it more room for negative camber. it'll be a lot of effort just for looks though...but i'll probably give it a try next summer. you will need at least like 3~4 degrees of camber to get the hella flush, stretch and poke look.
Old 09-05-11, 12:11 AM
DixonPai
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

You want camber, well you will have to get innovative haha, H&R camber bolts will give you +/- 3 degrees, i have -2 degrees in the back.

Now i have no idea how you got 8.75 but okay haha most are either 8.5 or 8, now camber you will need to have spacer or a low offset.You will not camber with +35 it will hit the coils, I did it on my 18x8 +45 and it rubbed against my coils with -2 degrees, it clears now with a 25mm spacer so, its +20, but it has about a finger gap between the wheels and coils. going back to get 3 degrees cause i need it to go more low , hope this helps.

and as EEngineer said, slot the coil overs to get more camber, BUT you will need a low offset wheel or spacers to clear.

Good luck, I am planning to get 18x9 all around soon or if I save up for a new set XXR 526 18x9 and 18x10, I know its a front wheel but haters will hate
Old 09-05-11, 07:23 PM
DplanDman8
Pole Position

Originally Posted by EEngineer
it's possible
i just dumped my car recently and got the horrible positive camber in the back after installation.

I know the back of the ES cannot adjust the camber very much. so I got the camber bolts and that only gave me -1.2 degrees on the back. I'm planning to slot the top camber bolt hole, so i can push in the spindle assembly inwards and give it more room for negative camber. it'll be a lot of effort just for looks though...but i'll probably give it a try next summer. you will need at least like 3~4 degrees of camber to get the hella flush, stretch and poke look.
Thanks so if i get some camber bolts and ksports with pillow tops and i put the spindle all the way over with a low offset and some spacers itll camber how many degrees do you think??

Originally Posted by DixonPai
You want camber, well you will have to get innovative haha, H&R camber bolts will give you +/- 3 degrees, i have -2 degrees in the back.

Now i have no idea how you got 8.75 but okay haha most are either 8.5 or 8, now camber you will need to have spacer or a low offset.You will not camber with +35 it will hit the coils, I did it on my 18x8 +45 and it rubbed against my coils with -2 degrees, it clears now with a 25mm spacer so, its +20, but it has about a finger gap between the wheels and coils. going back to get 3 degrees cause i need it to go more low , hope this helps.

and as EEngineer said, slot the coil overs to get more camber, BUT you will need a low offset wheel or spacers to clear.

Good luck, I am planning to get 18x9 all around soon or if I save up for a new set XXR 526 18x9 and 18x10, I know its a front wheel but haters will hate
How did i get 8.75 on this website called www.nlmotoring.com thats how they had it and if i get low offset and fully adjustable ksports i can go slammed and cambered?? how many degrees do you think i could get it with camber bolts and spacers and pillow top coilovers and the right offset??? do you guys have any pictures showing any noticeable negative camber??

I want it cambered like this!!! This is my buddy hectors car its slammed on tiens and it boooooooosted lol
Attached Thumbnails Camber questions-291928_1933289097059_1387250157_31691786_1724167_n.jpg  
Old 09-05-11, 11:01 PM
DixonPai
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Hmm i stand corrected haha, i guess there is a .75, with the H&R you are suppose to get 3 degree, now with the pillow top you get about 3 from those too. To look slam, is really hard on the ES trust me, I maxed out my front already, I am dropped about 4 inches. It still does not compare to the rest of the other people who are lowered that amount

here is my es

My rear wheels

Last edited by DixonPai; 09-05-11 at 11:10 PM.
Old 09-06-11, 08:08 AM
DplanDman8
Pole Position

lol ya i like the way es bodies look just the 3rd gen Ive got a 01 coach edition and i want it to look flush yours is beautiful i like the retro projectors!! whats the offset on your wheels?? and size?? and you said befor that you want to put 18x10 is that even possible on a es thats pretty fat lol
Old 09-06-11, 11:35 AM
t3chnique
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

18x10 is possible but you would need some quality fender work esp in the rear to make it look good.
Old 09-06-11, 09:09 PM
DplanDman8
Pole Position

Originally Posted by t3chnique
18x10 is possible but you would need some quality fender work esp in the rear to make it look good.
Ya thats true to an extent because you cant stretch the back fenders very much because of the door jam!! you cant stretch in that spot you can roll it and mayb stretch a small bit