Originally Posted by turtle54
Can anybody out there in the Lexus kingdom give me any pointers in replacing my sunroof motor on my 93 es300? Its starting to make some funky noises.
When I had to replace the sunroof motor on a customer's '93 ES300, I followed this procedure:
1) Disconnect the negative battery cable.
2) Remove garnishes, visors, and assist grips, as necessary to access the front headliner. (refer to ES300 head liner diagram
3) Pull down front headliner to access sunroof drive motor.
4) Disconnect the drive motor connector.
5) Remove the bolts and drive motor.
6) If necessary, remove the screw and cam plate cover.
1) Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
*If removed, install the cam plate cover by turning the drive gear to align the point marks.
2) Ensure the drive gear and sliding roof position are matched.
It's really not too difficult of a job. You should be able to complete it within a few hours (or less)