ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Hello CL, wanna see something cool?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-13, 08:26 AM
Jeremy-KY
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by EEngineer
^i think you should adjust the end link bracket on the coilovers you have and raise it up higher. cuz if you use the proper size end links, they should work without issues. unless you build yourself a set of custom end links...but that's really a lot of work.

I wish I could do that, take a look at the front coilovers, (the middle pair) the end link bracket is welded on and non adjustable.

Old 05-25-13, 08:31 AM
EEngineer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

ahh ****..nvm, i thought they were adjustable ones like on the Ksports. I haven't looked at mine for a long time. hmm.

what about making an another adapter place on the coilover bracket, cuz honestly if you got the right front sway bar links, all other products are gonna be the same spec.
Old 05-25-13, 08:39 AM
Jeremy-KY
Pole Position

ahh ****..nvm, i thought they were adjustable ones like on the Ksports. I haven't looked at mine for a long time. hmm.

what about making an another adapter place on the coilover bracket, cuz honestly if you got the right front sway bar links, all other products are gonna be the same spec.

The sway bar links I have now are the originals that came with the car, i'm thinking on just utilizing the Whiteline W23180 kit, cut them to fit, and bolt the originals back onto the Original Shocks for safe keeping

My other option right now (no money involved) is to try and use the "rear links" they seem to be about 1.5 inches shorter than the front, but I don't know if those will be enough.
Old 05-25-13, 09:02 AM
EEngineer
Lexus Test Driver

that is actually a very very good idea! haha, i might have to keep that in mind too. I'm converting to the 3es front suspension using the thicker whiteline front sway bar. I might run into the same issue you do! cool thanks!!!
Old 05-25-13, 09:11 AM
Jeremy-KY
Pole Position

that is actually a very very good idea! haha, i might have to keep that in mind too. I'm converting to the 3es front suspension using the thicker whiteline front sway bar. I might run into the same issue you do! cool thanks!!!
Aye... I've been contemplating on installing the front and rear sway bars as well.

My Intention is since the spring rates are low on the rear, I would install the rear sway bar first and then later try the front, since the front Spring rates are already high 7kg/mm just been holding out for now.

I have the option to take a day off from work this week, so I might try the sway link swap (front to rear) then and see where that puts me.
Old 05-25-13, 11:57 AM
shepp24
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sc

Good luck!!!!https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ima...ies/inlove.gif
Old 05-25-13, 06:06 PM
morphh
Rookie

Your parts car is better looking then my (driver) car, lol. I like the colour of the outside and the black inside. Nice work on your ride looks amazing.. How many Km's on parts car?
Old 05-25-13, 07:21 PM
vintagelex
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I decided to sell the parts car since it's in too good of a condition to be parted out and trashed. I just spent the last two days fixing all the tiny issues it has and detailed it inside out. I even touched up all the tiny paint chips.
here are some pics of it. think i can get $2k out of it?
In that condition, I think you can get 2k for it easily. Good decision to let another old ES stay on the road for a while longer
Old 05-25-13, 10:57 PM
EEngineer
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by morphh
Your parts car is better looking then my (driver) car, lol. I like the colour of the outside and the black inside. Nice work on your ride looks amazing.. How many Km's on parts car?
http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ487873848

check the ad =]
Old 05-25-13, 10:59 PM
EEngineer
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by vintagelex
In that condition, I think you can get 2k for it easily. Good decision to let another old ES stay on the road for a while longer
hopefully yea! car is possibly sold tonight. let's hope it'll find a good home soon.
it seemed a terrible waste to part it out like trash.
Old 05-25-13, 11:04 PM
EEngineer
Lexus Test Driver

anyway, some real updates today.
after selling both sets of my 18" summer wheels, i finally found another deal for summer wheel combo.

just picked up a set of 06-07 Subaru STi BBS forged rims in gold colour with good tires. only bad thing about this setup is that it's crazy high offset! +53mm!! and the bore size is tiny! 56.1mm!!
well...i'll be running 25mm spacers on this setup and I'll have to get the spacer center hub rings to be machined so it can sit on the 60.1mm Lexus/Toyota center hub.

will upload pics tomorrow after I get the wheels washed and rebalanced and installed =]
Old 05-26-13, 03:13 PM
EEngineer
Lexus Test Driver

got my sti wheels out today and gave them a good detail

oh man, even though they are probably the cheapest BBS rims available, I'm already very very impressed with the build quality. First of all, they are powder coated and the paint is very very strong. Second of all, the bolt holes are sleeved with some high quality steel sleeve inserts so the lug nuts are not pressing against the forged aluminum. The forged prints are super clean. They are light as **** and they look amazing!

I power washed them today and then claybarred all the brake dust off and then used some lacquer thinner to carefully remove all the extra glue left by wheel balance weights. they turned out to be super clean. costed me $1000 with decent condition falken summer tires

getting them balanced tomorrow and getting the spacer centre rings machined and i'll be good to go =]
Old 05-26-13, 05:25 PM
StuckInVA
Driver

Are you leaving them gold? Is this going to affect the whole color scheme? Your car isn't a Subaru, so are you going to cover up the STI logo in some fashion?
Old 05-26-13, 05:30 PM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

^ you can make some OE Lexus caps fit with little work in most wheels, or even those fleabay decal kits for centercaps to cover the STI up.
Old 05-26-13, 08:20 PM
EEngineer
Lexus Test Driver

i got BBS center caps coming next month hehe
technically subarus are toyotas

Quick Reply: Hello CL, wanna see something cool?