ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Ski Rack

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-11, 02:55 PM
Nberke
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 ES300 Seat Heaters

Thanks Grey,
I am loving my first Lexus and to get a low mileage one even makes it better. My girlfriend totaled my Altima the day after thanksgiving and i am just happy she didnt get into the accident with her little Civic. she would have been dead. Do you know if the ES300 comes with seat heaters because mine didnt and i was hoping that it is already buit in and all i wpuld have to do is get a new panel and a few switches.. Would you or anybody that you know on here or elsewhere that could help with this question?

thanks

Neal
Old 01-10-11, 03:27 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

Heated seats were an option, but any car up north, especially the northeast usually just ame with the car. Unfortunately, you cannot just add switches and have heated seats, because there are no heating elements in your seats, you would either need to add them, or buy seats with heating elements in them. While i wil admit, they are nice to have, especially where i live, i don't think the cost will outweight having them unfortunately
Old 01-10-11, 03:45 PM
Nberke
Driver School Candidate

Grey,

I think your right. I guess this car was a Florida car and was only used when the guy went from CT to Florida on vacations. It was a question that i had to ask. I was hoping it was simple but i guess on luxury cars they are not simple. so since i am new to Lexus is there anything i should know or watch out on these cars. i have bought the car from a Lexus dealer and they did do all the fluid changes. but is there anything else that i should be aware of so i can keep my car going for several hundred thousand miles? Any suggestions?

Thanks

Neal
Old 01-10-11, 04:05 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Belts and water pumps along with sparkplugs should be changed every 90k miles, but i guess they should be changed soon due to the age of the car, if not the belt with break causing a catastrophe on the engine, but if you said the dealer alreayd checked it, you should be fine. Besides that you should be ok. Watch the rear main valve seal as well i believe it is called as they are known to leak
Old 01-10-11, 04:55 PM
fatboypup
Driver School Candidate

i want a roof rack for my bikes
Old 01-10-11, 08:00 PM
Nberke
Driver School Candidate

Fatboypup,

I know there are a lot of roof rack systems out there Yakima, Thule, ETC.... I have owned my Yakima rack for over 17 years and all i can say is they have the best selection of whatever you want to put on your roof. I put skis and bikes on mine and they are safe when i leave them unattended. The system might costs a little more then the Thule system but once again i have had mine for over 17 years. The saying is "you get what you pay for" well its true. My rack has been on 4 different cars and all i had to do was change clips. I am a Yakima fan... Look into different rack systems online then go to the dealers and find out for yourself.

Neal
Attached Thumbnails Ski Rack-1999-es300-1.jpg  

Last edited by Nberke; 01-11-11 at 08:49 PM.
Old 01-11-11, 11:41 AM
Nberke
Driver School Candidate

Where and what is a rear main valve seal???

Neal
Old 01-11-11, 03:02 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

I believe it is right in the center of the engine bay. What you should do is park the car over some snow at night, and in the morning, the oil will be visible in the snow and u will be able to pinpoint where it is dripping from in relation to your wheels. At least thats what i did. As to what it is, all i know is that it commonly leaks ha