ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

06 ES 330 Center Console Light

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-22, 02:21 PM
rickydonn
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 06 ES 330 Center Console Light

My first Lexus and I love it! Can someone tell me what the "console" area that controls the fan, temp, shows the outside temp, etc...what that unit is officially called. Mine wont light up and Im wanting to research it but not sure what its called to look it up. I didnt get the manual with mine. I know its not called the center console..ha

It lights up until I turn on the headlights, that, ofc, is when I need it to light up at night. My shift indicator light is out as well, I replaced it but no worky.

thanks
Old 02-04-22, 02:40 PM
Arsenii
Pole Position

Received 744 Likes on 622 Posts

Hello,

Are you talking about the Climate Control Unit?

Here you can find an Owners Manual for your car. If the Illumination Lights are missing throughout the car, it is worth checking all the fuses in the car, here is a fuse diagram, pay close attention to 10A PANEL fuse.

Hope this helps and best of luck!
The following users liked this post:
Ezroni (02-09-22)
Old 02-04-22, 02:40 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

Received 2,684 Likes on 2,273 Posts

The dimmer is turned all the way down?
Old 02-04-22, 02:48 PM
rickydonn
Rookie

Yessir.. the climate control unit. I should have at least used the word climate in my guess at it. I still have covid fog I think.

Thanks for the links and advice. Yeah, I think previous owner might have blown something out..Cig lighter was out, that was just a fuse. Also the circle light around the ignition is out..this all gives me something to do and learn. thanks again!! im about to get on it.

Old 02-04-22, 02:54 PM
rickydonn
Rookie

dude, if that's it I am going to revoke my clublexus membership myself.

However, on the way home last night I remember all the main dials, speedo, tach, etc was lit. Everything is lit now but Climate Control Unit (thanks Arsenii) and the shift indicator, and the ignition light.

It lights up bright until I turn HL on, but will check that out here in a few.

thanks for tip. That will be great it thats it.
The following users liked this post:
Ezroni (02-09-22)
Old 02-07-22, 08:45 AM
cacarrillo
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Missing some center console illumination. bulbs all ok.

Hi, I have a 06 ES330 purchased in '18 and all my dash and other vehicle lighting works fine day or night. In 2019 I installed a Bluetooth unit into the factory NAV unit and all is well. In 2020 I installed a backup camera to the factory NAV. Everything worked fine until 2021. I noticed the very same thing and it is very irritating. With the Daytime running lights and the auto light sensor detecting daylight all my illumination works. When my car detects no light and it switches to night mode my illumination goes out for those center console things mentioned. The NAV unit outside edge illumination and shifter, console, climate control and ignition light go out. If I turn the headlights switch off all the illumination returns so the bulbs are ok. There must be some DRL relay that provides a ground or something when it switches to night mode. It is possible I caused it or is something getting old (relay) because I've heard other owners with the same problem with no work done. It is not dimmer related which works fine for the lights that are on.

Last edited by cacarrillo; 02-07-22 at 08:48 AM. Reason: corrections
Old 02-07-22, 10:04 AM
Arsenii
Pole Position

Received 744 Likes on 622 Posts

Originally Posted by cacarrillo
Hi, I have a 06 ES330 purchased in '18 and all my dash and other vehicle lighting works fine day or night. In 2019 I installed a Bluetooth unit into the factory NAV unit and all is well. In 2020 I installed a backup camera to the factory NAV. Everything worked fine until 2021. I noticed the very same thing and it is very irritating. With the Daytime running lights and the auto light sensor detecting daylight all my illumination works. When my car detects no light and it switches to night mode my illumination goes out for those center console things mentioned. The NAV unit outside edge illumination and shifter, console, climate control and ignition light go out. If I turn the headlights switch off all the illumination returns so the bulbs are ok. There must be some DRL relay that provides a ground or something when it switches to night mode. It is possible I caused it or is something getting old (relay) because I've heard other owners with the same problem with no work done. It is not dimmer related which works fine for the lights that are on.
Well, that is one kind of a rabbit hole in those cars, there were a few run-ins with a similar issue on those cars around here, but none of them ever yielded any kind of solution, here is one of such threads. Since I don't own a 4th-gen ES, it is hard for me to say anything other than what is already mentioned in that thread. It is a more peculiar issue, which does make it even more interesting to find a solution..

Hope this helps and best of luck!

Last edited by Arsenii; 02-07-22 at 10:07 AM.
Old 10-23-23, 02:09 PM
cacarrillo
Rookie

Definitely the drivers side junction connector and the body ECU. Looked at schematics showing those lights In center fed by panel fuse whenever light switch in tail of headlight position. I’ve read other posts saying same conditions as me.
Old 10-29-23, 06:25 PM
cacarrillo
Rookie

2005 Es330 - Body Control Computer Or (Drivers Junction Block) Gone
Found this exact problem online https://us.lexusownersclub.com/forum...on-block-gone/