Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > ES Models > ES300 and ES330
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

How to disable Daytime Running Lights?

Old 03-13-11, 08:14 AM   #31
imherenow
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)

Ok so I disconnect the passesger wire. But nothin happened when I turned the fog on ..- also tried with driver but still nothing ..how come m I missing somethin..oh I also have OEM HID headlights..but duuno if that would help
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
imherenow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-11, 08:47 AM   #32
Kansas
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabond View Post
Ok so I disconnect the passesger wire. But nothin happened when I turned the fog on ..- also tried with driver but still nothing ..how come m I missing somethin..oh I also have OEM HID headlights..but duuno if that would help
JamesBond1 is in Canada. I know for a fact that the DRL circuits are somewhat different between the 98-00 Canadian and US spec LS400's. Maybe they are also different for similar years of the ES300. In fact, according to the diagram website I posted a few minutes ago, the U.S. 2000 ES300 DRL does not have a DRL relay under the dash like the Canadian 1998 ES300 does.

My U.S. spec 2000 LS400 has the same DRL relay under the dash as JamesBond1's 1998 ES300 so it would appear that the wire cutting/switch splicing method I suggest might apply (if it works at all) only to the Canadian spec ES300 like JamesBond1 has.

Last edited by Kansas; 03-13-11 at 09:06 AM..
Kansas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-11, 10:48 AM   #33
imherenow
Lexus Champion

hmm mine is Canadian 2000 ES too..thats y i thought mine would work too since JamesBond1 whos had Canadian one works too..
Old 03-13-11, 11:17 AM   #34
JamesBond1
Pole Position

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansas View Post
According the graphic in the attached diagram, DRL relay #1 under the dash of a 1998 Canadian spec ES300 is the same part number as the one illustrated in the following thread where qewani1 enabled the DRL on his 2000 LS400 on which the DRL had been diasbled by a previous owner: http://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls40...-in-ucf20.html

If the DRL does work the same on the ES and LS, it would look like all you have to do is cut that one wire to deactivate the DRL. Even better ... cut the wire and splice in a toggle switch so you can turn your DRL on and off anytime you want.
I and others, I'm sure, would rather just unplug a connection rather than cut a wire and start splicing at somthing that's not guaranteed to work considering the LS is a different car.

I'm just going to sick to my way, in which I can easily plug it back in to re enable the DRL's...

GS430 interior package/Interior LED package//Depo smoked corners/Depo tail lights/19" Work Varianza T1S/Megan Coilovers/3.92 Gears/TRD STB/TRD F&R sway bars/SRT intake w/ECU/Supra brakes/Stoptech SS brake lines/Magnaflow cat-back custom exhaust/35% Tint/Compustar car starter/Toyota window visors/FIGS toe & trac links/
JamesBond1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-11, 11:21 AM   #35
JamesBond1
Pole Position

Quote:
If you want to have only your foglights on (like mine) you need to do the "foglight mod" you can find it using the search bar.

Here, I found it for you.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/es30...witch-mod.html

GS430 interior package/Interior LED package//Depo smoked corners/Depo tail lights/19" Work Varianza T1S/Megan Coilovers/3.92 Gears/TRD STB/TRD F&R sway bars/SRT intake w/ECU/Supra brakes/Stoptech SS brake lines/Magnaflow cat-back custom exhaust/35% Tint/Compustar car starter/Toyota window visors/FIGS toe & trac links/

Last edited by JamesBond1; 03-13-11 at 11:37 AM..
JamesBond1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-11, 02:28 PM   #36
Kansas
Lexus Champion

Quote:
hmm mine is Canadian 2000 ES too..thats y i thought mine would work too since JamesBond1 whos had Canadian one works too..
Sorry but I assumed that "TX" stands for Texas. Does "NS" stand for Nova Scotia?

This is weird ... that website that says the Canadian spec 1998 ES300 has a DRL Relay under the dash shows that the Canadian spec 2000 ES300 does not have it -- says "not applicable". The website is "usually" accurate but it would not be the first time that I've noticed an error.

You could look under the dash and see if it has the DRL Relay and, if it does, try cutting the one wire shown in the thread I pointed you too.

Personally, I don't understand why some people hate DRL so much and I certainly can't imagine giving up one of the high beams just to get rid of it. And especially because DRL is required "up there" ... one of my Ontario cousins had to have DRL added when he imported a car from the States back in 2008. It has become apparent from recent research that DRL is not as effective as was once thought but it sure is handy for lighting up underground parking garages and tunnels for the few seconds it takes until the automatic low beams kick on.
Attached Images

Old 03-13-11, 02:45 PM   #37
imherenow
Lexus Champion

ya thanks and thanks JamesBond1 too . I will have to seee..requires some wiring n stuff which i m not @ all good at. i usually dont touch electrical stuff (depends on situations) prolly fuses n stuff. but this one requires playing around a bit so i will see later on.
haha ya TX n NS i have added together .its a long story .. ES in NS and RX in TX.
But personally i do love DRL especially in cold countries but its just that i like fog DRL >>>> than the current DRL.
Old 03-13-11, 02:45 PM

Tags
2000, 300, 400h, day, daytime, disable, disabling, drl, es, es300, lexus, light, lights, running, time, turn, whit