ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

HELP PLEASE!!!!!!LED front turn signal's and Parking light's

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-10, 04:48 PM
mogen59
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool HELP PLEASE!!!!!!LED front turn signal's and Parking light's

I have a 99 ES300 I have LED's in all my tail light's and quiet a few in side my car, but I can't figure out why I can't put the 1157 LED's in the front and get them to work. I have put two different kind of resistor's on in the front and can only get one or the other to work.Either the parking light's will be on or the turn signals but not at the same time.Do I need to put resistors on the back tail light's as well to make the front one's work correctly? Any help from any one would be a good thing.Thanks again I just can't seem to figure these out. Maybe I need a different bulb? I dunno ?
Old 02-27-10, 06:00 PM
angmedic91
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I had the same problem with the 1157 LED's, couldnt get them to work, from what I was told, need a special resistor or something to get them to work, otherwise you'll also get some light out indicator on your cluster panel. To me it was not worth all the trouble for LED's, plus some have said they arent as bright on our type of light housings. Good luck bro.
Old 02-27-10, 06:19 PM
mogen59
Driver

Originally Posted by angmedic91
I had the same problem with the 1157 LED's, couldnt get them to work, from what I was told, need a special resistor or something to get them to work, otherwise you'll also get some light out indicator on your cluster panel. To me it was not worth all the trouble for LED's, plus some have said they arent as bright on our type of light housings. Good luck bro.
Thanks a lot but I'm not giving up that easy.I'm going to take it to my mechanic and maybe we will be able to figure it out .But thanks for your input it sure help's that someone answered. I was hoping Eyesack might be able to help. I think he said something about HID Planet or something like that on his LED project. And I do have the bulb out indicator on on my cluster panel. I put a piece of black tape over it so I don't have to look at it. LMAO
Old 02-28-10, 08:14 PM
zajac
Driver

go to superbrightleds.com they have the resister that plugs under your dash. Call them, they are extremely helpful.
Old 03-01-10, 05:18 PM
mogen59
Driver

Originally Posted by zajac
go to superbrightleds.com they have the resister that plugs under your dash. Call them, they are extremely helpful.
Cool thanks I will do just that
Old 03-01-10, 08:09 PM
HamBurglar
Driver

Are your LED 1157 the dual color LED? White on parking light, then turns yellow on when turn signal comes on?

OK I was just outside messing with this those stupid lights and it seams that:
When the parking light is off and I turn on the blinkers it is amber.
When I turn on the parking lights they light up white.
When I keep the parking lights on and turn on the blinkers they turn a reddish purplish color?

All are fast blinking (I have a resistor but haven't installed it yet 50w aluminum cased).
My dashboard doesn't notify me of a burned out bulb as some of you mentioned previously though?
When the parking lights are on they are extremely bright, they make my HID's look dull.

Last edited by HamBurglar; 03-02-10 at 11:20 PM.
Old 03-03-10, 03:27 AM
mogen59
Driver

Originally Posted by HamBurglar
Are your LED 1157 the dual color LED? White on parking light, then turns yellow on when turn signal comes on?

OK I was just outside messing with this those stupid lights and it seams that:
When the parking light is off and I turn on the blinkers it is amber.
When I turn on the parking lights they light up white.
When I keep the parking lights on and turn on the blinkers they turn a reddish purplish color?

All are fast blinking (I have a resistor but haven't installed it yet 50w aluminum cased).
My dashboard doesn't notify me of a burned out bulb as some of you mentioned previously though?
When the parking lights are on they are extremely bright, they make my HID's look dull.
There just white parking and turn signals, but I saw the two tone ones and wanted to get those..I'll have to look more into it. I change my flasher to an LED one and fixed my fast blinking issues. Bought it at Pep Boys. Thanks all...
Old 03-05-10, 07:13 PM
HamBurglar
Driver

Originally Posted by mogen59
There just white parking and turn signals, but I saw the two tone ones and wanted to get those..I'll have to look more into it. I change my flasher to an LED one and fixed my fast blinking issues. Bought it at Pep Boys. Thanks all...
Glad to hear it worked.
After reading your post, I went to Pep Boys myself to see a man about a flasher, unfortunately they couldn't find anything in their system for my car?
Do you happen to have any info on that flasher you bought, maybe a part #?
Thanks.

Also I see your ES is a 99, I have a 94. Do you think the parts would be the same?
Old 03-10-10, 10:22 PM
dcapo
Driver

i had some ll57 blue led's but there were too dim in the daytime, so i just changed em to apc blue ones which is alot brighter but kinda bluish/purplish
Old 03-10-10, 10:23 PM
dcapo
Driver

search smd led, more output than regular led's
Old 03-11-10, 05:14 PM
HamBurglar
Driver

Originally Posted by dcapo
search smd led, more output than regular led's
My dual stage turn signals are SMD I believe (small square patches right?), they are overly bright. At night they over power my HIDs so I might get less bright LEDs to switch out.
Do you know a part # or a retail store which would carry LED Flashers?
I've check local part stores but they don't carry them, I've seen some online but would rather buy locally if possible.
Last resort will be ordering them.
Old 03-12-10, 05:57 PM
mogen59
Driver

My dual stage turn signals are SMD I believe (small square patches right?), they are overly bright. At night they over power my HIDs so I might get less bright LEDs to switch out.
Do you know a part # or a retail store which would carry LED Flashers?
I've check local part stores but they don't carry them, I've seen some online but would rather buy locally if possible.
Last resort will be ordering them.
I will look at the one I put in tonite and get back to you on it okay ---so just look for smd led's?
Old 03-12-10, 07:27 PM
HamBurglar
Driver

I will look at the one I put in tonite and get back to you on it okay ---so just look for smd led's?
No I meant the part# for the LED Flasher Relay. Sorry for the confusion, sometimes I ramble.
I actually have the SMD LED installed already they just blink fast.
I have load resistors that I haven't installed because I'd rather use a plug and play part like a flasher relay then have to splice into wires. But will use the load resistors as a last resort.
Thanks.
Old 03-13-10, 02:06 PM
mogen59
Driver

No I meant the part# for the LED Flasher Relay. Sorry for the confusion, sometimes I ramble.
I actually have the SMD LED installed already they just blink fast.
I have load resistors that I haven't installed because I'd rather use a plug and play part like a flasher relay then have to splice into wires. But will use the load resistors as a last resort.
Thanks.
Thats what I was talking about also the flasher haven't got the lights working correctly yet need to look for smd leds I guess
Old 03-14-10, 06:19 PM
HamBurglar
Driver

Thats what I was talking about also the flasher haven't got the lights working correctly yet need to look for smd leds I guess
Oh Ok cool. Thanks again.

Quick Reply: HELP PLEASE!!!!!!LED front turn signal's and Parking light's