ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

ES300 Projector Diameters - Halo

Old 02-23-10, 08:05 PM
HamBurglar
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ES300 Projector Diameters - Halo

I've been thinking of doing the clear corner mod and since I'm going to have to take apart my headlights, I was also thinking of putting a set of halos around the stock projectors on the 2nd gen ES300 (1994).
Years ago I saw these CCFL halos for sale on ebay but now I can't find them for ES only RX and IS.
I was wondering if anyone knew where I could purchase these for my ES?
Or
If anyone knew the diameter around the stock projectors so maybe I could use a set of halos made for another car that was the same or close to the same diameter as the ES?
If anyone has done this or has any experience with these, any info you could provide would be much appreciated.
Thanks again.
Old 02-24-10, 10:56 AM
Limen
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have not done it, so I'm no help to you. But the "halo" or "angle eye" headlight are for BMWs. I don't think it would look right on the ES300. Awhile back, there was a company called "Demon Eyes" that made those halo lights for damn near any car. May want to look them up. I'm a little lazy right now.

But that just my .02 cents
Old 02-24-10, 01:42 PM
eyezack87
Camry ConeKiller

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Found it for you bud. You can always make it yourself for the real "custom" touch though. There are a bunch of threads online on how to DIY it if you're interested

Link for Demon Eyes
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1992-...Q5fAccessories
Old 02-24-10, 05:19 PM
tuan92129
Lexus Champion

Just my opinion, halos/demon eyes etc are so overdone now days, if its not on a BMW, its rice.
Besides that, anything added on top of the chrome projector shrouds just will look out of place.
Old 02-24-10, 06:03 PM
HamBurglar
Driver

Originally Posted by Limen
I have not done it, so I'm no help to you. But the "halo" or "angle eye" headlight are for BMWs. I don't think it would look right on the ES300. Awhile back, there was a company called "Demon Eyes" that made those halo lights for damn near any car. May want to look them up. I'm a little lazy right now.

But that just my .02 cents
I do remember seeing a company like that years ago but couldn't remember the name. Thanks.
Old 02-24-10, 06:06 PM
HamBurglar
Driver

Originally Posted by eyezack87
Found it for you bud. You can always make it yourself for the real "custom" touch though. There are a bunch of threads online on how to DIY it if you're interested

Link for Demon Eyes
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1992-...Q5fAccessories
Eyezack you are the ****! Always helpful! Those halos look really good and bright but that $200 price tag is a little high. I remember years ago there was a seller on ebay that had cheap kits with ballasts for around $20.00 probably from China. Man I wish I could those again.
Old 02-24-10, 06:13 PM
HamBurglar
Driver

Originally Posted by tuan92129
Just my opinion, halos/demon eyes etc are so overdone now days, if its not on a BMW, its rice.
Besides that, anything added on top of the chrome projector shrouds just will look out of place.
Tuan,
That is true I really despise ricers myself. Personally I really like the look of them and where I'm from I haven't really seen any on any car besides BMWs.
The ones on the BMWs aren't bright enough in my opinion though.
I think the main deciding factor for this is going to be based on price (after seeing the link Eyezack provided). If I can find some for a reasonable price I'll probably go through with it, but if I can't then I probably won't.
Thanks again.
Old 02-24-10, 07:38 PM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by tuan92129
And those stupid LED strips people put in their headlights/grills!
Old 02-24-10, 11:05 PM
eyezack87
Camry ConeKiller

Lol, its because at once point even I was contemplating that stuff. This was before the BMW/Audi craze though

DIY it! If you need red LEDs I can hook you up. I have plenty to spare rofl
Old 02-25-10, 06:17 AM
Limen
Pole Position

Lol, its because at once point even I was contemplating that stuff. This was before the BMW/Audi craze though

Before the BMW/Audi craze? BMW started putting "angle eyes" on thier 5series in 2001 as a standard feature. Have you really owned your ES that long? I know its hard for me to keep my cars for over a year or two, let alone nine years!

Last edited by Limen; 02-25-10 at 06:18 AM. Reason: typo
Old 02-25-10, 08:59 AM
BoostedE21
Pole Position

if I was you, I would try a photoshop before I actually bought anything. I agree that it's a BMW thing, and really doesn't look good on 99% of cars it didn't come with from the factory. It even looks silly on the new Camaro. And I really can't see it looking good on an ES.
Old 02-25-10, 04:07 PM
eyezack87
Camry ConeKiller

Originally Posted by Limen
Before the BMW/Audi craze? BMW started putting "angle eyes" on thier 5series in 2001 as a standard feature. Have you really owned your ES that long? I know its hard for me to keep my cars for over a year or two, let alone nine years!
Of course. She was born when I was 9 and will die by my family's hands. I remember falling asleep in it when we first brought her home at 11pm at night . Most likely my sister since she took over it lol

I'll still mod her but not as much as my Camry. Most likely, the LED tails will be her last ever mod
Old 02-25-10, 05:10 PM
HamBurglar
Driver

Man I would do alot of things if I was as handy as you (I've seen your posts and write ups!).
But unfortunately for us less skilled people, I have to spend money ....
Normally I don't mind doing that but this great economy has made me cut back on my spending...

Gauge clusters, climate control unit sure would be nice...

If you ever want to make some extra cash and would like to make and sell these items, I (and I'm sure many other unskilled people like me) would like to buy them!
Old 02-25-10, 05:15 PM
HamBurglar
Driver

Originally Posted by BoostedE21
if I was you, I would try a photoshop before I actually bought anything. I agree that it's a BMW thing, and really doesn't look good on 99% of cars it didn't come with from the factory. It even looks silly on the new Camaro. And I really can't see it looking good on an ES.
Photoshopping is great idea. I've used it in the past to see how certain rims would look on my cars.
Check out the link that Eyezack posted for Oracle, they have a pretty nice picture of an ES with the Halos.
I know it's not everyones cup of tea, but to me it doesn't look too bad.
I've never seen them on the new Camaro, but that is one sweet ride either way...
Old 02-25-10, 07:08 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i had the AAC oracle CCFL in my GS but would love to see it on the ES

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ES300 Projector Diameters - Halo