ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

I would like to share my es300 rebuild [PICS]

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-09, 07:53 PM
camryv6xle
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow I would like to share my es300 rebuild [PICS]

Hello to all, I acquired a 1999 es300. The es300 had a damaged head and the owner let it sit in the back of his industrial yard for months and recently sold it to me for cheap. I replaced both heads, gaskets, water pump, tensioners, knock senors, VVT-i sensors everything was new along with ngk iridium plugs, toyota coolant and toyota transmission fluid. during the rebuild i took pictures along the way to document the rebirth of this beauty. so far i've added 18" chrome wheels, hids 10000k and 3500k and k&N drop in filter. the engine bay pictured is dirty because i had limited time in the garage i was working in and i had to focus on getting the car back together and leave the detailing for later. the car had a very dirty exterior and sand like feel to it, i detailed her and shes good as new now.

well here are the pics they arent the best due to my phone but they are decent.

Old 12-20-09, 12:35 AM
llcoolpass
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow wow weee wow! i saved this webpage, COMPLETE, with firefox just now.
so, anyway, i have a question, are you sure there was no oil_coolant mix, cause then the acid would have hurt the bottom end just sitting out the yard.

i can't wait to learn more of your project and to digest what youve already said and the info contained in these neat pics.

thanks for sharing.

and by the way, that's one hell of a way to make a first post [i dont say that to everyone, actually, im pretty bitter and annoying]!!!!

welcome to CL!
Old 12-20-09, 12:36 AM
llcoolpass
Lexus Champion

when u say tensioners do you mean to say the pulleys -- if so, does this include the hydraulics tensioner [i hope you did]

still digesting
Old 12-20-09, 05:27 AM
Ariyanna
Lead Lap

In your finished picture of the engine I noticed than you didnt install your dog bone mount or bracket that holds it called the stay. I added a picture with arrows pointing at the mount and stay bracket incase you need the help.
Attached Thumbnails I would like to share my es300 rebuild [PICS]-p1010575.jpg  
Old 12-20-09, 11:01 AM
tlamot01
Driver School Candidate

Such a classy vehicle. I wish I could have come across a deal like yours. I've re-built several cars and most recently, helped my step-son restore a blown engine in his 98 Neon R/T. He takes incredible pride in ownership now that probably would not exist if I just handed over a working vehicle when he turned 16.

Ariyana - Your ES is very well maintained. That engine compartment looks new as the day it was made. Bravo!
Old 12-20-09, 05:28 PM
llcoolpass
Lexus Champion

why buy brand new heads, instad of using used ones?
did you adj the valve clearence or did they come all set with assm lube and everything?
what type of head gasket did you use?
did you reuse head bolts?
Old 12-21-09, 10:29 AM
camryv6xle
Driver School Candidate

Arrow

Hey guys thanks for the warm welcoming here, i'm usually an avid poster on toyotanation with my camry but moved onto here for my lexus i like this site alot of cool and intelligent people on here.

Originally Posted by llcoolpass
when u say tensioners do you mean to say the pulleys -- if so, does this include the hydraulics tensioner [i hope you did]

still digesting
thanks for the warm welcoming man and yes i did include the hydraulic tensioner

Originally Posted by llcoolpass
why buy brand new heads, instad of using used ones?
did you adj the valve clearence or did they come all set with assm lube and everything?
what type of head gasket did you use?
did you reuse head bolts?
the heads were rebuilt and when they came they were already lubed and ready to install, i used MLS head gaskets and i did reuse the bolts they're weren't any problems with them.

Originally Posted by Ariyanna
In your finished picture of the engine I noticed than you didnt install your dog bone mount or bracket that holds it called the stay. I added a picture with arrows pointing at the mount and stay bracket incase you need the help.
That picture is really like 98% completion i did later install the mounting bracket though thanks for the heads up, i may be getting a new camera soon and take some more photos of the car with better quality. and DAMN thats a clean enigine bay lol good job with that