ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Taking off all the emblems

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-02, 01:01 PM
TheBigGuyRy
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Taking off all the emblems

Hey everyone, this is my first post here, was glad to find a Lexus owner website, I didn't think one exsisted.

I got a '92 ES (only 75k miles on it) a few months ago, and just yesterday someone yanked the front and back "L" badges off it.

Instead of buying another set of gold emblems and having it happen again, I was considering just pulling all the emblems off of it. Has anyone done this to the ES? I know it would require having the little holes plugged and probably being repainted in those areas, but if anyone has experience I'd love to hear about it.

thanks
Old 04-30-02, 01:11 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Badges

Someone took your badges?!? What are they going to do, put 'em on a ford, or hang them around their neck? I would photoshop the car and see how it looks with no badges, maybe I'll do it for you if you don't have Photoshop. But then decide if you like it or not. Otherwise you could get some more lexus, or toyota windom badges.
Old 04-30-02, 01:32 PM
aznchild808
Rookie

If you take off your emblems you end up with two big holes in your hood and many more on the trunk lid. Not only that but all the years they have been there has caused the area under the emblem to be a different color from your car as well as problem with the appearance of paint lines under the emblem.

I am having mine removed however they took it off and sanded it down to bare metal then used fiberglass to close up the holes, resanded...then you need to repaint the whole pannel connected to the holes or else you will end up with paint lines where the new paint sprayed meets the old paint

just a whole lot of work to make it look good

SUGI
Old 04-30-02, 03:42 PM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

autobacs in japan sells these chrome "plugs" to fill up the hole left after removing your emblem. i forget how much, but not that much and it's quite discreet. hey i had my emblem (just the "L" on the trunk) stolen many years ago and i had to some amount to buy another from Lexus....hasn't happened since. i know it really sucks to have your car vandalized...sorry to hear it happened man.

take care all!!
Old 04-30-02, 04:22 PM
r4z0r3ck
Lead Lap

You should have the L on the back and front to show the prestige of the car or people would think its a camry and u dont want that to happen now! But yah i hate ppl that do that what are they gonna do with it? Put a lexus logo on their hondas i mean come on get real now and grow up.
Old 05-01-02, 04:39 AM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Default L

I don't think that our cars look enough like camrys to be confused as one, but I do think that the emblems look good on the car. And your wheels still have the L's on them too. Maybe you could move the L to the grille?
Old 05-03-02, 08:44 PM
TheBigGuyRy
Driver

I decided against it, because I think if you look closely, if you lift up the "ES300" logo on the taillight, you'll notice a small indentation where it fits into it. That might make it look funny if I removed it, and I don't think a body shop could touch that.
Old 05-04-02, 05:16 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Default Emblems

Yeah, you would have to have it all sanded down to get rid of something like that. I say just leave 'em on. Sounds good. Later
Old 05-06-02, 06:20 PM
1loudlex
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Default it looks dumb

I had taken off my es300 logo, and it looked really bad. It does indent into the plastic cover, and there is no way to sand it down or anything. Just leave it on or take it off and paint it all red or silver or whatever color.

Adam " Lexist "
Old 05-11-02, 02:34 PM
Nabeel
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Somewhat OT, but I saw two Camrys the other day with Lexus badges on them. One was a 1992-96 bodystyle, and the other was a 97-01 version. Just thought it was weird that I saw two in one day.
Old 05-13-02, 01:17 PM
1loudlex
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Angry

Do not take off the emblems!!!!!! Unless they are gold.

Adam " Lexist "
Old 05-13-02, 04:46 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

i have gold, i wish i had silver though
Old 05-14-02, 03:39 AM
TheBigGuyRy
Driver

Wonder if Silver would look good with my paint. It's kind of a deep red color, not maroon.... not sure how to describe it, almost ruby like.
Old 05-14-02, 04:32 AM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Yeah, I know the color you are talking about. Silver would look good on it. What color is the L on your wheel caps?
Old 05-14-02, 02:41 PM
TheBigGuyRy
Driver

Gold... But I plan on getting new rims eventually anyway.

Maybe I will go with Silver... it's definetly cheaper right?

Quick Reply: Taking off all the emblems