ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Lucasoil additives - tranny and oil - are they good?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-09, 02:53 PM
buci
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bumbobee
Thanks for the post trukn1.

I changed my oil/tranny fluid today, used synthetic oil + some lucasoil additive. ATF fluid + a bottle of lucas tranny fluid. All good so far, I like how smooth the car feels after every oil change.

Ill keep you guys posted if my engine/transmission explode which might be the case according to some peeps here
Those peeps in here are just trying to help you but you don't listen.When Lucas starts foaming up in your engine and transmission the lubrication is going to be down and less effective shortening the life of your car.Why use additives if your car doesn't need them.The ONLY thing that is good as preventive maintenance is OIL itself.Every car manufacturer says they are NOT good for your car and you are listening to bull*** on the Lucas website.What do you expect Lucas to say about their own product?Read the damn car manual.Every time your driving remember that you have a white thing instead of oil lubricating your transmission and and by the way those additives have a tendency of clogging filters too..Good luck.

There you go again http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/images/lucas/lucas.htm

Last edited by buci; 06-24-09 at 03:00 PM.
Old 06-24-09, 05:29 PM
Bumbobee
Pit Crew

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by buci
Those peeps in here are just trying to help you but you don't listen.When Lucas starts foaming up in your engine and transmission the lubrication is going to be down and less effective shortening the life of your car.Why use additives if your car doesn't need them.The ONLY thing that is good as preventive maintenance is OIL itself.Every car manufacturer says they are NOT good for your car and you are listening to bull*** on the Lucas website.What do you expect Lucas to say about their own product?Read the damn car manual.Every time your driving remember that you have a white thing instead of oil lubricating your transmission and and by the way those additives have a tendency of clogging filters too..Good luck.

There you go again http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/images/lucas/lucas.htm
What I found out from people here so far is that switching to synthetic is bad/pointless if there isn't a fresh start. That's BS.

Also I've seen those bob the oil guy tests long ago, and not sure how accurate they really are. It's funny how every single mechanic I've talked to recommends using Lucas products.

Let's just that they really are a gimmick and don't work, surely Lucas wouldn't make something that is going to do the reverse and shorten the life of my cars components.

Car feels smooth so far and I have noticed the tranny shifts to be smoother, especially 2 to 3 and 3 to 4 I don't even feel/notice when it happens.

I appriciate everyones help/advice here.
Old 06-24-09, 06:16 PM
buci
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Buddy,i sell cars for a living and you are right about mechanics at least.My mechanic does the same thing,tells the customers that Lucas and every other BS brand out there is good for (engines,transmission,tires,brakes,mirrors and what have you).Why?So every one that goes there wants the additives put in and they make more money like that than just plain oil change.No mechanic will put that ****** in their cars rest assured.There is no point discusing this anymore though.
Old 06-25-09, 07:20 AM
Bumbobee
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by buci
Buddy,i sell cars for a living and you are right about mechanics at least.My mechanic does the same thing,tells the customers that Lucas and every other BS brand out there is good for (engines,transmission,tires,brakes,mirrors and what have you).Why?So every one that goes there wants the additives put in and they make more money like that than just plain oil change.No mechanic will put that ****** in their cars rest assured.There is no point discusing this anymore though.
None of these people sell the product. One of the mechanics is someone my dad has been going to for almost 20 years.
Old 06-04-14, 02:50 PM
clintbw
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very old thread, but I was looking at your profile and noticed you had your transmission rebuilt. I was wondering if using the wrong fluid (anything other than Toyota T-IV or Mobil 3309, which are the same) led to your transmission's demise? In the beginning of this thread, you mentioned you had used Castrol Import ATF, which isn't compatible with the U140E transmission.
Old 06-05-14, 06:03 AM
Bumbobee
Pit Crew

Hey most like it was the use of the wrong fluid and not changing the fluid often enough. I'm sure if I used a synthetic ATF fluid and drained and filled every 50,000 km it would of not broken apart.

Good luck on your car
Old 06-05-14, 04:27 PM
jayclapp
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 85 Posts

I would never add any kind of additives to synthetic oil. You'll likely just louse it up.