ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Finally Custom Body Work In Progress!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-07, 08:42 PM
chrispy

Received 78 Likes on 37 Posts

The rice in this thread makes me sad.
Old 12-10-07, 09:20 PM
Eyemfaster
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pbbnxiltae
the car will look something like this

i love how there's just a random bike there. and it's positioned just in the right place to take your eyes away from the lack of side skirts. hopefully you have something planned for the sides.
Old 12-10-07, 09:48 PM
pbbnxiltae
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Eyemfaster
i love how there's just a random bike there. and it's positioned just in the right place to take your eyes away from the lack of side skirts. hopefully you have something planned for the sides.
i got that pic online.

i have front, side n back.
full body kit.

dont worry.
got everything ready to be put on.
Old 12-10-07, 11:02 PM
1993ES300x
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

good luck brotha. it's your car. you do whatever the Hell you wanna do with it. shoot. put some five feet long stickers on it to make people here even more **** off , you deserve a lot of props for doing something a little different. I guess people who owns ES usually like to keep their car clean and flow together. good luck
Old 12-10-07, 11:05 PM
ES BL155
Pole Position

with all the money your spending on customizing and paint you could almost afford one of the higher quality jdm kits that are made for our cars( although unpainted of course), but i think it would be a lot more worth it than trying to customize a lower quality fiberglass kit from another car to try and fit yours. although this isn't my cup of tea, i guess this will be something different so post pics when finished.
Old 12-11-07, 01:05 AM
Eyemfaster
Driver School Candidate

i got that pic online.

i have front, side n back.
full body kit.

dont worry.
got everything ready to be put on.
ok just making sure, because the camry guy's tactics won't work on here.

any suspension work done? and what are the specs on the wheels you'll be using?
Old 12-11-07, 05:34 AM
pbbnxiltae
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Eyemfaster
ok just making sure, because the camry guy's tactics won't work on here.

any suspension work done? and what are the specs on the wheels you'll be using?
plannin to put 17 or 18s on.
Old 12-11-07, 05:39 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Wow,, whole lot of bashing going on here. I think that if he custom fabs the kit so that it is daily driver friendly and he balances it off with a verynice wheel choice and of course the correct size exhaust to balance the rear end, then it will lok fine. If it comes anything cloese to looking like the above pic, then props to you. Good luck with the kit. Go ahead and stir up the forum. Really starting to see that alot of ES owners in this forum are afraid of change/difference. Props to you guys who like to think "outside of the box" and are not afraid to dare to be different.
Old 12-11-07, 09:15 AM
pbbnxiltae
Pole Position

Originally Posted by trukn1

Wow,, whole lot of bashing going on here. I think that if he custom fabs the kit so that it is daily driver friendly and he balances it off with a verynice wheel choice and of course the correct size exhaust to balance the rear end, then it will lok fine. If it comes anything cloese to looking like the above pic, then props to you. Good luck with the kit. Go ahead and stir up the forum. Really starting to see that alot of ES owners in this forum are afraid of change/difference. Props to you guys who like to think "outside of the box" and are not afraid to dare to be different.

thanks. finally someone who understands what im tryin to do.
other ppl are just too scared to mess up their ES. thinkin that its a better car than CIVIC but our car is piece of junk compare to any 98+ civic.
Old 12-11-07, 09:23 AM
JSM1284
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

other ppl are just too scared to mess up their ES. thinkin that its a better car than CIVIC but our car is piece of junk compare to any 98+ civic.
Old 12-11-07, 09:45 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Whoa!!! While I do see what you are trying to do and applaude your eforts for thinking "outside of the box",, your last statement about the ES being a piece of junk is one I WHOLE-HEARTEDLY do not agree with. The ES is far superior in ride quality, craftmanship, and build quality overall; especially in the 98+ civics. While there may not be an abundance of performance, aftermarket goodies available, this is what makes a LEXUS in general unique from all others. You need to remember that as a LEXUS owner, and particularly one who IS modding a Lex, that WE take ownership to the extremes. The thought of modding a lex, dropping it lower, wheels, etc was just something which in the automotive culture was just inconcievable! This is why a modded Lex is always a big hit at any car show/meet b/c it is, unlike your typical civic, something that you will NOT see everyday.
Old 12-11-07, 10:15 AM
JSM1284
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

^^^ Ditto.

It is one thing to make your Lexus unique with mix matched, custom body kits. But saying that a Civic is Superior, I think now we understand why you are turning your car into frankenstien.

Saying that makes you sound like a 18 year old wannabee civic owner. Do you put your lexus up into Nuetral and rev the engine when driving by crowded places?

Last edited by JSM1284; 12-11-07 at 10:19 AM.
Old 12-11-07, 10:23 AM
Colpup ES3
Rookie

im sorry but ur completely wrong. the lex is in a whole dif class than the civic with is just an economy car with aftermarket parts.

and imo all the pics are really ugly and are trying to make the lex into something its not, a ricer.

but good luck, its just not what i would do with my car
Old 12-11-07, 10:45 AM
charley240
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

lol. then sell this rice rocket of a lexus and hop into a civic.
choo chooo.... all bandwagoners aboard .... chooo. chooooooooo.......

if you really cant sell your car for a civic, then throw some mad leets VTEC stickers all over your car. instant +5hp per sticker. and do the fast blinkers, +2 hp. that will get you somewhat to that sick civic status.
Old 12-11-07, 11:02 AM
Smitty
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well first I cant even believe u just said that. Now although I personally wouldnt do what you're doing to their ES I tried to be constructive with my comment. But I seriously doubt that some of us are scared to "mess" with our ES. There are quite a few ppl on this site who have quite a bit of mods done so maybe you should do some research before you make uneducated comments.

My Current Mod List:
19x8.5 Amistad G
Falken F452 235/35/19
Ksport coilovers
Whiteline RSB
JDM Corner lights
HID Upgrade
LED Bulb replacement for all tail and corner lights
TRD Camry Lip Kit, Exclusive sideskirts (Just Removed and sold recently)
Tanabe Axle back exhaust (Only one for the ES )
2 15 inch Audiobahn subs
MTX amps
PowerAcoustic Capacitor
Custom CarPC with Woodgrain bezel
9 inch headrest screens
Upgraded Pioneer door speakers
blah
blah
blah

Secondly I owned a Civic. Stage 2 turbo, blah blah blah and there's no way I would rank the Civic above the ES. I did the boosted Civic think in high school but now that I've grown up I got more style and I stepped my game up to an ES. Dont get me wrong Civics can look hot, IF tastefully done. But unfortunately 75-85% of modded Civics you see are just a bunch crap thrown together.

Quick Reply: Finally Custom Body Work In Progress!!!!