ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Painted my badges++

Old 03-27-07, 01:58 AM
Parker Gen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Black rims... maybe not. My car is the same colour as yours and I've thought of that as well. I reckon that a dark grey or charchol colour would be nice on the rims though. But than again i can't imagine what it'd look like in my mind for some reason, so go ahead.
Old 03-27-07, 06:44 AM
E-Z ES300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I set my mind on black rims, then i get someone who says i dont know if black would look good then get back to thinkin about something like gun-metal?... I think i will go ahead with a stock grill even though i like my mesh, no one else seems to appreciate it... so you guys think stock grill painted with my "BBQ Black paint" or just the stock original color of my car?
Old 03-27-07, 08:49 AM
Lexucan
Lexucanafer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by E-Z ES300
I set my mind on black rims, then i get someone who says i dont know if black would look good then get back to thinkin about something like gun-metal?... I think i will go ahead with a stock grill even though i like my mesh, no one else seems to appreciate it... so you guys think stock grill painted with my "BBQ Black paint" or just the stock original color of my car?
I was sort of joking about painting the grille black.
Black trim is cool, but that would be too much, IMHO. I'd paint it the same colour as the rest of your car....but....it's up to you.
Old 03-27-07, 01:46 PM
Slooooooow
Regional Officer - NTL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

Does this pic provide you with a sneak peek at a black grill on a car of similar coloration?
Old 03-27-07, 02:28 PM
Lexucan
Lexucanafer

Originally Posted by Slooooooow
Does this pic provide you with a sneak peek at a black grill on a car of similar coloration?
Actually, that doesn't look bad!
Far better than mesh, I'd say!
Old 03-28-07, 05:19 AM
jchrisf
Rookie

Hey man, those badges look cool! I would have never thought of that... good job!
Old 03-28-07, 06:01 AM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Damn this car looks friggin awesome, i like the black grill but what really catches my eye is the black housing for the headlights, that ****** is sick .
Old 03-28-07, 07:07 AM
E-Z ES300
Lead Lap

THAT IS ONE HOTTTTTT WINDOM!!.... What do i need to do to make mine look like that!??, everything BESIDES the hood-pins...
Old 03-28-07, 08:14 AM
Lexucan
Lexucanafer

THAT IS ONE HOTTTTTT WINDOM!!.... What do i need to do to make mine look like that!??, everything BESIDES the hood-pins...
You could start by moving your steering wheel over to the right side
Old 03-28-07, 09:09 AM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

I agree the hood pins look a little out of place, what i want to kno is where he got the headlights with black interior housing, or how he made them like that, it looks great.
Old 03-28-07, 11:14 AM
E-Z ES300
Lead Lap

Forget about the whole right hand drive! LEFT IS THE WAY TO GO! ....Black headlight interior housing, theres someone selling them on ebay, but now im thinking about doing it myself! But that means that i gotta bake my lights AGAIN (like 5th time doing it!)...
Old 03-28-07, 12:16 PM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Lol go for it !! it looks awesome, and while your at it, try to pick up that stock black grill, it will look real nice when finished, add the touch of black rims and you'll be ridin nice .
Old 03-28-07, 01:17 PM
E-Z ES300
Lead Lap

Sounds Like A Great Plan!!!
Old 03-28-07, 01:20 PM
Slooooooow
Regional Officer - NTL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Sorry. Guess I kinda created a monster with that picture.

No question, they're made black by opening them up and painting them. Several folks are doing this over on my other car's board and there's even things to be learned about the process from them. Go ahead and stick in some angel/ghost eyes while you've got them open this time. There's some site, what is it - ghost-eyes.com or somesuch, where you can get them.
Old 03-28-07, 09:10 PM
E-Z ES300
Lead Lap

Sorry. Guess I kinda created a monster with that picture.

No question, they're made black by opening them up and painting them. Several folks are doing this over on my other car's board and there's even things to be learned about the process from them. Go ahead and stick in some angel/ghost eyes while you've got them open this time. There's some site, what is it - ghost-eyes.com or somesuch, where you can get them.
VERY NICE, THANKS ALOT!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Painted my badges++