ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Dash kit from Scosche

Old 04-11-07, 07:22 PM
Smitty
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by vin 78
Smitty, what material is your dash kit made of? MDF? ABS?

if you like you can ship it to me and I'll try to refinish it.
I pretty much took the ABS single din kit and cut it and used some plastic filler to fill in all the extra spaces. If you're willing to help me out I would greatly appreciated. As you see my skill still need some fine tuning.

-Smitty
Old 04-11-07, 07:29 PM
maniax
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

smitty do you have a carpc worklog? Where did you mount ur PC? I'm debating if i should put the pc case under the passenger seat....
Old 04-11-07, 07:42 PM
Smitty
Pole Position

Originally Posted by maniax
smitty do you have a carpc worklog? Where did you mount ur PC? I'm debating if i should put the pc case under the passenger seat....
No I dont have a worklog. I really need to start taking more pictures lol . But I thought about putting mine in the glove box but it wasent enough room then I thought about under the seats but 2 problems you cant adjust the height too much and dont want and heating issues. So I decided to put it in the middle space in the back seat where the trap door is and run the wires under the rear seat. The PC case I have (voom case) fits perfectly in the slot. I've actually got all the wires run I just need to hide them. I'll be sure to take some pics and post it in a separate thread. If you need any help or info let me know.

-Smitty
Old 04-12-07, 11:54 PM
VTFIJI
Driver School Candidate

Here a pic of the actual Scosche kit installed. The pic on their website is just a comp rendering.

Old 04-13-07, 02:12 PM
ES BL155
Pole Position

wow that looks nice! do you have any other pics?
Old 04-13-07, 06:31 PM
Smitty
Pole Position

Originally Posted by VTFIJI
Here a pic of the actual Scosche kit installed. The pic on their website is just a comp rendering.

Man that looks nice. 10 times better than the one I made. lol . Where can u order it from again?

-Smitty
Old 04-13-07, 08:40 PM
VTFIJI
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Smitty0881
Man that looks nice. 10 times better than the one I made. lol . Where can u order it from again?

-Smitty
I went to 4 different car audio places and none of their suppliers had it in stock. I called up Scosche and the referred me to Walmart and have them special order it. Went to 2 different Walmarts and both said they don't do special orders for Scosche. In the end, I ordered it straight from Scosche for $19.95 + $8 shipping. This is back in early March when it first came out though. I would assume suppliers should have it by now.

Originally Posted by ES BL155
wow that looks nice! do you have any other pics?
Custom loading screen

iPod cable ran to center console

On-screen iPod interface

iPod controls hidden, Lexus background
Old 04-13-07, 09:04 PM
GrahamHill
Rookie

Thats so hot!!
Old 04-14-07, 12:12 AM
13loody
Pole Position

You gotta love that D3 I wish I had $850 lying around for that
Old 04-14-07, 02:44 AM
maniax
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by VTFIJI
I went to 4 different car audio places and none of their suppliers had it in stock. I called up Scosche and the referred me to Walmart and have them special order it. Went to 2 different Walmarts and both said they don't do special orders for Scosche. In the end, I ordered it straight from Scosche for $19.95 + $8 shipping. This is back in early March when it first came out though. I would assume suppliers should have it by now.

Custom loading screen

iPod cable ran to center console

On-screen iPod interface

iPod controls hidden, Lexus background
D3 is definitely a nice system for $850! How's the screen quality compared to carputer monitors like liliput? Does the glare affect it during the day time?
Old 04-14-07, 02:48 AM
maniax
Lexus Test Driver

No I dont have a worklog. I really need to start taking more pictures lol . But I thought about putting mine in the glove box but it wasent enough room then I thought about under the seats but 2 problems you cant adjust the height too much and dont want and heating issues. So I decided to put it in the middle space in the back seat where the trap door is and run the wires under the rear seat. The PC case I have (voom case) fits perfectly in the slot. I've actually got all the wires run I just need to hide them. I'll be sure to take some pics and post it in a separate thread. If you need any help or info let me know.

-Smitty
very nice. Thanks for the tip I'll try to look for the "trap door" tomorrow! Please let me know when you make a new thread!
Old 04-14-07, 06:38 PM
VTFIJI
Driver School Candidate

D3 is definitely a nice system for $850! How's the screen quality compared to carputer monitors like liliput? Does the glare affect it during the day time?
I've never seen a liliput in person but I have read that they are very good. The glare would be less of an issue if the dash kit had a recessed opening. However, D3 has a anti-smudge and anti-glare coating and is pretty good unless sunlight is hitting it directly through my sunroof.

To get back on topic, here's some more info on the dash kit:
- It replaces the metal bracket for your head unit with a rather flimsy plastic one, but it does the job.
- It can accommodate both single or double din installs. If you want to go with the single-din option, it has an opening for the HU and a pocket that you can probably put above or below.

I would recommend this kit over the Metra one. I think the texture and color match is better. It's $19.99 and gives you the option to go single or double din.

Last edited by VTFIJI; 04-14-07 at 07:27 PM.
Old 04-15-07, 04:58 PM
maniax
Lexus Test Driver

smitty,

for the trap door did you mean this:

or

this:
Old 04-16-07, 05:11 AM
Smitty
Pole Position

smitty,

for the trap door did you mean this:

or

this:
Yeah thats what I was talkin about. .

-Smitty
Old 04-16-07, 12:30 PM
maniax
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah thats what I was talkin about. .

-Smitty

lol so is it the first pic or the second pic?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dash kit from Scosche