ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Top Speed?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-01, 08:09 AM
alvin
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speed

I raced a Acura Ledgen we both top out at 195 Km/h. We crused at that speed for 1 or 2 miles. I'm Form Toronto Canada.
It was fun flu by everyone on the highway!!!!!!
Old 10-05-01, 09:46 AM
CamryRR
Rookie

Hi man why don't you come to our Toronto Toyota meet on the 13th of Octber we should be alot of guys.Everybody that has a Toyota is invited and we already have 3 guys from Chicago comming down.Anyways comme chat on our little friendly Toyota forum at www.toyotanation.com .Also if you come to the meet i can finaly check and see what exactly makes the TRD s/c not fit and maybe i can show you my little car.
Old 02-01-05, 01:24 AM
aks_01
Driver School Candidate

I was digging for this thread long time and now i found it....

I miss you all guys and imagine after all this years I came back with something you may like it or like to see it .

a pic of my ES300 doing what ever speed you may see in the pic.

I hope you ll like it ..
Attached Thumbnails Top Speed?-es300.jpg  
Old 02-01-05, 01:49 AM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by aks_01
I was digging for this thread long time and now i found it....

I miss you all guys and imagine after all this years I came back with something you may like it or like to see it .

a pic of my ES300 doing what ever speed you may see in the pic.

I hope you ll like it ..

الصور هاذي ماتطلع الا من الــــســـعــــوديــــــة
Old 02-01-05, 05:27 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

OK aks_01, I've seen that pic floating around in this forum for a while, and I have to really ask: Is this for real? You're not playing with us?

Correct me if I'm wrong anyone, but I've always been under the impression that there is a governor or speed limiter installed in all the factory ES so that they don't go past the top speed on the speedometer (135-140mph).
Old 02-01-05, 11:09 AM
johnnyt
Pole Position

I think that es can hit 150 especailly with his cutom turbo and engine work. I don't see why some people think its so imposible, looks at mcelligott's mods(custom turbo)!
Old 02-01-05, 11:17 AM
johnnyt
Pole Position

Also if your ever look at magazines when they compare top speed of some cars, the speed od is sometimes off at high speeds and plus the wind and weather conditions can affect your speed.
Old 02-01-05, 01:25 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by CamryRR
Hi man why don't you come to our Toronto Toyota meet on the 13th of Octber we should be alot of guys.Everybody that has a Toyota is invited and we already have 3 guys from Chicago comming down.Anyways comme chat on our little friendly Toyota forum at www.toyotanation.com .Also if you come to the meet i can finaly check and see what exactly makes the TRD s/c not fit and maybe i can show you my little car.
O/T Ben! Long time no see buddy. how ya doin?
Old 02-02-05, 12:34 AM
aks_01
Driver School Candidate

Ok guys I have a vid of me doing that speed but the problem is tthat the file size 403kb zipped and the limit of files to be up loaded is 100kb.

what to do so I can upload the file to you??

its (es300.3gp)

and by the way when I hit that speed it was with stock car and I didn't install K&N air charger filter and split-fire tripple platinium yet. Which means I am doing more than that now and RPM reached 5.9 but the speed guage was stopped at the bottom (stocked) couldn't move forward.

I will pic my engine for you guys as well to see that no turbo or super charger installed.

ايوا يا بو الشباب ماحد قدها الا السعودية ... مفاجئة حلوة وجودك يا طيب ...
Old 02-05-05, 08:27 PM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran
Forum Moderator

Received 160 Likes on 112 Posts

This is bull***** guys, completely and totally.

An a541 transaxle (the one in this car) is limited, just like any other, by its gear ratios.

to aks_01:

You're smart for matching up the A541-E's fourth gear ratio of 0.735, with 5500rpm, on 205-65 R-16 tires.

A540 series transmissions are generally 79% effecient.

Unfortunately your car is stock... Which means thaty our car is not only loosing > 160 horsepower to aerodynamic drag, and 44 hp to transmission losses.

Without counting tire drag and rolling resistance, you've all ready used up 204 of the car's stock 210hp. In essence, what you are saying is impossible.

and aerodynamic drag is easest to do Cd*A*(V3)
divided by 150,000.

Cd is drag coefficient, A is frontal area and V is velocity (in mph).

To the rest of the CL members: He has to make 255hp to even bearly squeak up to 150mph. Let alone the fact that every 1mz-fe sold has at max, a 135mph cut off.

mystery solved, its impossible.

Last edited by ArmyofOne; 02-05-05 at 08:36 PM.
Old 02-06-05, 12:51 AM
aks_01
Driver School Candidate

I am sorry to hear this from you .

First of all my car is not American Standard. It's Middle east Standarad
2- Engine horse pwoer is 215Hp
3- Tyres 205/65/15

And I don't understand any of your technical termonology you put in the thread.

You can ask Lexus International if the middle east Lexus cars are speed limited or not ??

I can prove this for you that I reached that speed truthfully without any addition to the car and I have the vid shot for that . other wise you may request any practical prove and i will give it to you but don't ask me something written in manuals or mag....

being a closed minded of what you theorely learned and the US modles is not my fault.

Non of the ES model 2000 and 2001 in the middle east are speed limited . I dont now about the rest of models .
Old 02-06-05, 01:23 AM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran
Forum Moderator

Every 1mz-fe sold has at max, a 135mph cut off.

did you get it that time?

I have my sources, within toyota, lexus and 3 other major car companies. Middle east spec or not, without serious mods, your car will not WILL NOT break 135 MPH. period. And its drag limited at around 140 anyway.

THIS MEANS THAT WITHOUT EXTENSIVE MODIFICATIONS, THE AREODYNAMICS OF YOUR VEHICLE PREVENT YOU FROM REACHING ANY SPEED OVER 140 MPH. THE AIR IS PUSHING TOO HARD AGAINST IT TO GO ANY FASTER.

and 140 is giving you an artistic liscense. technically, 135 is the MAX.

and to keep your *** END ON THE GROUND at that speed, you would need some sort of spoiler. adding downfroce means it takes MORE energy to push through the air.

major areo mods would include:

a spoiler
shaving rear doors and sailpanels smooth
lowering
side skirts
a pointed nose on the front bumper (bullet shaped)
a larger front air dam
shaved antenna and door handles
shaved mirrors
shaved gas tank

BTW my connection (who i know and trust implicitly) assures me that the 1mz-fe V6 thast in your car, is UNCHANGED throught each country. Only the exhaust system and SLIGHT changes were made to the ECU's prgramming for emissions reasons here in the US. Definately not enough to make up for ~30MPH and 50HP.

if you have the vid, use the emailing tool to send it to my email, i will host it.

Last edited by ArmyofOne; 02-06-05 at 01:36 AM.
Old 02-06-05, 01:42 AM
aks_01
Driver School Candidate

I don't know man why all this arrguments about.

weather you like to beleive or not !!!

I am insisting and very sure I did that speed and I am still doing it and I did more after I installed air charger filter (K&N).

I sware to God when I took that photo it was a stock car and I ve never adjusted, added or did any personal or technical customization to it. It was as it is. tell me how to prove it for you and I will. By the way It wasn't only me who reached that speed from ES . I know a friends who does thos speed with their cars normally without any modifications.

That's all what I wanna say . so you are free to take it or leave it.
Old 02-06-05, 01:55 AM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran
Forum Moderator

Fine with me, I have said my peace. These people here can do math. we arent stupid. we called you out. you cant provide proof. i told you what you could do to prove it. email me the vid. i will delete the previous posts by me, and recede my comments.

What do I have to do to tell you it cant happen?

BTW for all wondering:

الصور هاذي ماتطلع الا من الــــســـعــــوديــــــة
=The photography raver what rise 'La who 'Laaaasaaaaaaaaaoudiyaaaaaaa

and the retailiation:

ايوا يا بو الشباب ماحد قدها الا السعودية ... مفاجئة حلوة وجودك يا طيب
='Ywa O Poe young what hindered not lead her 'La Saudi Arabia... Sudden sweet your existence O good

translated here:

http://www.1-800-translate.com/machine_trans/

Last edited by ArmyofOne; 02-06-05 at 02:03 AM.
Old 02-06-05, 04:46 AM
aks_01
Driver School Candidate

Loooooooolllloolllllllllloooo

What you are trying to do ???

if you wanna transalation you should ask and not to put your self in a such situations!!

Any way The mail been sent to you ... I hope you will not say it is a holywood pic from the a movie or something ..

And If you would upload it here I will be very gratefull to you.

Please send it as well to your sources to correct them and they are very welcomed in Saudi to see it llllllllllive.

Quick Reply: Top Speed?