ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Goodbye everyone

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-06, 10:35 AM
Lexbox
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Goodbye everyone

The Lexbox Mods thread will shortly be coming to an end.

I have upgraded my car and will be selling my old car. I have had a great time answering your PMs and Emails and even barking back and forth on various topics. This forum is alot better than the forums I will be moving to. Mechanically the car is doing great but cosmetically, it has slowly become a concern.

The best news is that I will be able to keep the Lexbox name because I bought a 2000 GS300 Platinum Edition.

Retail price on the car was a little less than $43,000 brand new. It has practically nothing wrong with it whatsoever. The GS had only one owner, has 70k on the dash, carfax was clean, and it was originally bought in the same town I live in. No door dings, dents, scuffs, scratches etc. The owner(old people) did not smoke in the car and neither will I. The interior is also in immaculate condition. And not to mention it has the 2JZGE motor. I also have the black pearl badges(Platinum Edition) with "crystal white" paint so my new color scheme will be black and white. I have already requested black CL decals. Which will probably go back in the same spot. This car is so unbelievably clean it is unreal.

I guess I will leave the cold air intake on it unless I can find all the stock parts in the corner of my garage. I dont think its gonna be easy putting it back. I think I might just drive around the ghetto slammin the bass with a for-sale sign and see what happens. If not, I will be pulling off everything stereo related and putting back in the stock radio/amp. I am selling off all the stereo equipment. I will be switching to JL Audio equipment as to match the exterior color scheme if I go any farther than the JL amp for the 10" woofer which might also be JL.

In the GS, I will definitely be putting my new Alpine in-dash touchscreen in the car, along with my Xbox. I think I will just interface with the stock amp pushing the mids and highs but replacing the 10" woofer in the back deck. And of course I will put an amp on the woofer. I will also be getting rid of the rims because I am going with 19" or 20" black rims with a chrome lip. So far, I have built a short list of mods and performance parts I expect to install. First, I am going with an Swift Racing Technology intake w/ ECU combo package that, according to the dyno adds 22hp, putting the car very near 250hp right off the bat. Then, header-exhaust combo.

I would like to wrap up this thread some pictures of the new ride and I will copy-and-paste my signature into the last few posts of the Lexbox Mods thread before I clear it out. Some may find it very annoying that I have a humongous signature, but I did so people would know everything possible you can do with our cars. Few people have done so in the GS forums but, they are quite handy when located. I can only hope my new Lexbox Mods thread will be as helpful and as successful as this one.

I will continue to answer your MANY questions about the Xbox through Emails.
AIM: thelexbox or thelexbox@gmail.com

Last edited by Lexbox; 03-08-06 at 10:46 AM.
Old 01-23-06, 11:15 AM
Pheonix
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cool

Bye! The only time a 2jz-ge is worth anything is after you've slapped a GT35, or a Holeset HX35 to it! Get that baby some boost! She needs about 450 & water injection LoL!
Yah, ya gotta hate it when somebody just throws audio equipment in the car with no idea as to how it should sound. Good cll ditching the random crap.

The GS forums have serious issues. I will be creating a new Lexbox thread which, more than likely, will be locked for comments. Not to be mean or anything, but they are a bunch of commenting wh0res that simply refuse the search feature.
That's every car forum LoL!

Have fun with the GS!
Old 01-24-06, 12:12 AM
juan01
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats on the new ride!
Old 01-24-06, 05:25 AM
Luv Da Lex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very nice choice to upgrade too. now i say you run it til it dies which will be a long time then do a 2jzgte swap. pure sex swap
Old 01-24-06, 12:47 PM
Lexbox
Lexus Champion

Thanks for your comments guys. I am waiting to post pics until I get the rims on. Which will be Thursday when I have a "break" from school. I say break because Im taking Calculus II, Calculus based Physics, Advanced Trigonometry, and C++. Hopefully I can sneak some mod time in because there are quite a few free mods that I will do right off the bat. Rims will be swapped out with staggered 19's very soon because from what I can tell, my old ones with 225/40's are not a perfect match.

As promised. Here is a copy of my signature.

96, 18x7.5 Konig Caffeine's, 225/40 Yokohama Parada Spec-2's, Lextech Waterfall's, AEM Cold Air Intake, Rotora Slotted F+R, Ractive Strut Bar, 9006-->9005 Mod, Yellow Top Optima, 1/0ga Wiring, 4 1/0ga Grounds, Alpine IVA-D310, Modified Xbox w/ 320gb, AudioControl Four.1, Orion HCCA 250G5 on 15" MTX 8500 DVC, Orion 150.2 on JL Audio VR 6x9's in XTC Foam Baskets, L.A. 150.2 on Orion XTR 6.2 Component Set, Akimoto Yellow Hose kit, LiteGlow Blue Neon

Last edited by Lexbox; 01-24-06 at 08:45 PM.
Old 01-24-06, 08:52 PM
Maxx941
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice Purchase. Congrats.
Old 01-27-06, 09:50 AM
Lexbox
Lexus Champion

Well I sold my old ES300 to my ex-girlfriend and I was temporarily planning to put the 18" Konig's on the GS but the front calipers did not clear and I didnt see a need to go with spacers. Even if I did go with spacers the GS Platinum Edition wheels didnt even fit on the ES. Im so sad. So Im rolling completely stock now which seems horrible but isnt really that bad considering.

Last edited by Lexbox; 01-30-06 at 01:10 AM.
Old 01-27-06, 12:08 PM
Pheonix
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cool

Don't worry, the ugly stock wheels make your car faster than 18" K's!