ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

from 325is to 97 Lex Es300

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-06, 07:32 AM
UmarFaroq8
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default from 325is to 97 Lex Es300

no more bimmer forums for me, todays my first day on lex!

Just had a quick question on engine squeek? or belt squeek?

The story goes....I purchased my car about 4 months ago...but havent started driving it till about 2 weeks ago! the reaason being was that i was in the procuder of selling my other car. WHen i first purchased the car it was perfect i mean no sound errors and everything was great...having to sell my other car this lexus was in the garage for about 4 months..and was only started about 1 every 2 weeks....i am scared that belts may have dried? or something needs to be lubricated..cuz i hear a whisper! a squeaky noise...that just hums.....im not a mechanic nor do i know as much about lexus as you guys doo! soo help me out i hope i dont sound stupid! anyone else here from the chi! holler.

also....i just want to clarify this i know its cliche....but i called the stealer ships to verify....but my 1997 headlights are obviously halogen...but on the 01 they offer zenon headlights correct? soo why is it when i call teh dealearship and talk to parts dept they said its the same bulb part number for my 1997 as it is for the 2001? and will 2001 fogs fit on my 1997 bumper?

thanks alot guys, glad to join the lex club!

also..hah how do o post pics up of my love...my car!~
Old 01-05-06, 10:09 AM
Pheonix
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cool

soo why is it when i call teh dealearship and talk to parts dept they said its the same bulb part number for my 1997 as it is for the 2001? and will 2001 fogs fit on my 1997 bumper?
Welcome To Toyota/Lexus!
Toyota uses the same basic generation car for 5 years. Tho they do minor updates tothings during the generation - like the 2.5 year "updating", and the interioirs are always getting better - major things simply don't change but once every 5 years. So... Most things of the same generation will swap.
The ES, being built off the "Overseas" Camry platform in Japan, can also share most parts with a Camry, and certian parts from the many cars made off the Camry paltform.

IDK if you can retrofit fogs. Someone else will tho!

Xenon bulbs are dim, blue, crappy things. You're thinking of HID's. Yes, they were an option, but not standard.

i am scared that belts may have dried? or something needs to be lubricated..cuz i hear a whisper! a squeaky noise...that just hums.....
Is it a squeak, or a loud hum? If it's squeaking then either the belts have lost tension, or yes you need new belts. No big deal. The powersteering belt & A/C+Alt belts are like $30.
The timing belt & water pump should be cahnged every 90,000 miles. Just an FYI.

AFA a hum, a bunch of things can hum. Virtually anything that rotates that's out-of-balance. Stick your head in the engine back & triangulation the position of the noise. Noises are very hard to interpolate across the internet.

To post pics you can do it one of three ways.
1) Host the file on the internet, then surround the line with image tags. So it would be (img)http://www.lexiarecool.com/mylexuskicksyourlexus'sass.jpg(img) Replace the () with [].
You'll see how this works by pressing the little image button. It's a little mountain with a yellow background.
2) Attach the image to the forum
3) Just put the link down.

The traditional way is #1, because that inserts the picture into the post.
Old 01-05-06, 10:14 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Welcome to CL. Glad to see you gotten yourself out of the darkside Congrats on your first pickup of the Lex!

I suspect that the "engine squeak" you are hearing is coming from the serpentine belt, which happens to all of us when cold weather kicks in. For some reason, that part is temperature-sensitive, and is often an annoyance during the winter season. Spraying WD-40 onto the belt quiets down the noise, but only temporarily; you'd have to replace the belt part since it may have lost its integrity over time (typical wear and tear item). Even if you are not mechanically sound, you can still do this in your driveway without the need to take it to your stealership

Your dealership is not entirely correct about the part number similarities between your '97 and the '01. The part number for the factory Xenon in the '01 ES is D2R, while the one for the stock halogen in your '97 is H7. However, you can interchange the Xenon headlamps and bulbs into your '97. Nope, the '01 fogs will not in a '97 bumper.

Finally, there are a couple ways to post pics. One method is to go to the 'Gallery' link at the top of this page and upload pic(s) there. After the upload, right-click on the pic and copy the URL location of the pic. This will be copied to the Windows clipboard. Then, make a post in a thread, click on the icon that looks like a landscaped picture, and paste the URL location. Basically, [IMG] brackets are placed around the URL location, which is the HTML way to link pictures from existing web locations.

The other method to post a pic is if you have a pic that is no larger than 100K in file size and less than 800x600 in image size, you can attach the pic file to your post by clicking on the "Manage Attachments" button under Additional Options when you create or reply to a post in a thread.

Hope this helps out
Old 01-05-06, 05:17 PM
Maxx941
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

welcome to CL
Old 01-05-06, 08:09 PM
truongsta8
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

welcome abroad!!!