ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

2002 ES300 Official Pics!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-01, 07:19 PM
hoops_24
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by The Ikon
[B]XK8 damn that's tight!!! Coupe or convertible?

Convertible. I posted a pic for Manaray awhile back so there is a pic somewhere on the forum. I don't remember the thread. I can post another but I got some heat from the Jag haters.

Iwantalex- What I mean by getting your priorities straight is instead of riding around in a beat up Lexus that you probably can't afford to repair once it gives out; why don't you get yourself a Neon or Civic that will last you awhile. Priorities!!

Also, quit acting like a know it all. You seem to be a bright kid but you refuse to shut the f*** up when you've been proven wrong. (But it seems I boxed you in pretty good today though!)

Last edited by hoops_24; 08-20-01 at 07:22 PM.
Old 08-20-01, 10:45 PM
DROD2045
Lead Lap

Originally posted by wantAnewLex

That's your assumption, and it's a wrong one. Look, DROD, I have no beef with you, I just enjoy picking apart your posts, that's all.

yeh cause im always wrong and youre right? Again, you just did it!
Old 08-21-01, 12:20 AM
5speedv6

Red face

I think it would look good with some big wide rims with a nice polished lip on em. That way it could fill those wheel wells up.

If you want speed then like others said, get a 5 speed is300 or a gs430 and mod those. The new es300 is gonna be the rage at all the old folks homes. Definetly targeted to toyotas "older clientele". I wonder how long it will be before a "palm beach edition" comes out with the cloth covered roof.

AND FOR GODS SAKE IT'S SPELLED CAMRY..not camery or camary. You act like you dont see 15 of em everyday. I know i do...well on my car it doesnt say Camry any longer but still! My girls butt is shaved

Old 08-21-01, 01:24 PM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by DROD2045

yeh cause im always wrong and youre right? Again, you just did it!
LOL...very clever of you. That's funny. I actually enjoyed that. But no, I am wrong sometimes, just like everbody else.
Old 08-21-01, 01:48 PM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

[QUOTE]Originally posted by hoops_24
[B]
Originally posted by The Ikon
XK8 damn that's tight!!! Coupe or convertible?

Convertible. I posted a pic for Manaray awhile back so there is a pic somewhere on the forum. I don't remember the thread. I can post another but I got some heat from the Jag haters.

Iwantalex- What I mean by getting your priorities straight is instead of riding around in a beat up Lexus that you probably can't afford to repair once it gives out; why don't you get yourself a Neon or Civic that will last you awhile. Priorities!!

Also, quit acting like a know it all. You seem to be a bright kid but you refuse to shut the f*** up when you've been proven wrong. (But it seems I boxed you in pretty good today though!)
Hey there, Hoops. I don't want a Civic, and sure as hell wouldn't be caught dead in a Neon. I have no need for another car. My Lexus looks good (the quality of paint is world-class; this is the one area on the ES250 they didn't skimp on), and runs great. The only "major" work that was done on it were the CV boots two weeks ago. It only cost me $400. That's just over a week's worth of work, so it's not a big deal. Plus, I just like the car. I grew up around it, so I guess I have a somewhat sentimental attitude towards it.
I also noticed that you never just outright say it, but you're always implying that my car is a rusted-through piece of crap, which it's not. I'll have to post some pics one day.
Um, I don't know it all, and neither does anyone else. Also, I haven't been proven wrong in this little debate we have going on. Neither you nor I have provided any facts that support our claims/predictions. Yes, you gave those two examples, but you'll have to admit that they were ugly cars. I don't think anybody could say the oval Taurus or the Accord were beautiful cars. Generally, everyone agreed that they were ugly. But there is controversy over the 2002 ES. That means at least a few like the new design.
Anyway, one thing you and I can agree on is that there is little point in discussing this until the 1st month sales figures are out.
Before you get overly confident , I'll have you know that I am the captain of my school's forensic debate team, so it is seldom, if ever, that I am backed into a corner. And I hate to say this, but you sound like you're either jealous (I don't know why this would be the case) or trying to prove something. You have nothing to prove, at least not to me. Judging by your stable of fine cars, you are obviously quite smart and successful. But you reply to my posts with a subtle bit of aggression, as if doing so makes you feel better. If it does, well hey, that's your thing, but whatever...

Last edited by SecPole14; 08-21-01 at 01:50 PM.
Old 08-21-01, 02:51 PM
hoops_24
Pole Position

Ha Ha Ha! Jealous Yeah, I want to be like you when I grow up.

What the hell are you smoking? I love to debate man. I was also on the debate team in high school, but not the captain. Now that I know I whipped a captain I am that much more confident. Yeaaaah!

And yes, you were backed into a corner. And your point about those cars being ugly proves it. You said that everyone knows they were ugly. Well, guess which two cars were the outright sales leaders for those respective two years....The Honda Accord & Ford Taurus.
Which is to my point of you not knowing when to quit. You have been proven wrong and I have provided data but you refuse to lay down. But hey, I honor your spunk.

Hey, and nice move on the jealous quote. It's an old debate trick that when you have nothing concrete to say and have been backed into a corner, change the subject with a personal attack. It's the number one rule in politics. I used a variation of it when I called your car "beat up" I knew you would get defensive and lose your marbles.....that's when I had you

PS- It does make me feel better to respond to your messages, but don't give yourself so much credit. I respond this way to everyone.....sorry to burst your bubble. BUT nobody else sets themselves up like you with comments that make no sense. I love to pick apart your posts. The same as you and DROD.......see, we're the same.

This thread has become stale.......I'm out

Last edited by hoops_24; 08-21-01 at 03:00 PM.
Old 08-21-01, 03:10 PM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by hoops_24
Ha Ha Ha! Jealous Yeah, I want to be like you when I grow up.

What the hell are you smoking? I love to debate man. I was also on the debate team in high school, but not the captain. Now that I know I whipped a captain I am that much more confident. Yeaaaah!

And yes, you were backed into a corner. And your point about those cars being ugly proves it. You said that everyone knows they were ugly. Well, guess which two cars were the outright sales leaders for those respective two years....The Honda Accord & Ford Taurus.
Which is to my point of you not knowing when to quit. You have been proven wrong and I have provided data but you refuse to lay down. But hey, I honor your spunk.

Hey, and nice move on the jealous quote. It's an old debate trick that when you have nothing concrete to say and have been backed into a corner, change the subject with a personal attack. It's the number one rule in politics. I used a variation of it when I called your car "beat up" I knew you would get defensive and lose your marbles.....that's when I had you

PS- It does make me feel better to respond to your messages, but don't give yourself so much credit. I respond this way to everyone.....sorry to burst your bubble. BUT nobody else sets themselves up like you with comments that make no sense. I love to pick apart your posts. The same as you and DROD.......see, we're the same.

This thread has become stale.......I'm out
Man oh man, I'm at a loss for words. Really, I have no idea what to say. I can't believe how full of yourself you are! That is nuts! It's sad that you can't detect the blatant sarcasm in my posts. I think this thread has become stale, too. Your reply was just a re-wording of your previous one. And I don't think you're out. I don't see you as the type of person that doesn't want to have the last word. As for DROD and me, I just mess with him, but he's alright in my book. You I'm not so sure about. I try to give you complements and smooth over things in my posts (while still defending myself), but I guess you just look over that. Oh well. I have nothing more to say to you.
Old 08-21-01, 11:34 PM
DROD2045
Lead Lap

Originally posted by 5speedv6
If you want speed then like others said, get a 5 speed is300 or a gs430 and mod those.

If it were only that easy to go from a 30k lux car to a 50k lux car (ES or IS to a GS430).
Old 08-21-01, 11:39 PM
DROD2045
Lead Lap

Originally posted by wantAnewLex

Man oh man, I'm at a loss for words. Really, I have no idea what to say. I can't believe how full of yourself you are! That is nuts! It's sad that you can't detect the blatant sarcasm in my posts. I think this thread has become stale, too. Your reply was just a re-wording of your previous one. And I don't think you're out. I don't see you as the type of person that doesn't want to have the last word. As for DROD and me, I just mess with him, but he's alright in my book. You I'm not so sure about. I try to give you complements and smooth over things in my posts (while still defending myself), but I guess you just look over that. Oh well. I have nothing more to say to you.

daaahhh......my mommy says im special.