ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

New to the Forums-Upgrade Questions For My ES300

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-05, 12:32 PM
4evrblu
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the Forums-Upgrade Questions For My ES300

I am looking at a Lexus ES300, priced at just over 13K. It is a dealer car and has been a lease car from 2000-2004, whereupon it was purchased by a second owner.

It has 75K miles on it and is very clean. Having never owned a Lexus before, is there anything in particular that was a trouble spot for these cars that I need to evaluate?

Also, if I get it, I would like to mod it a little bit. I would like to know about the following mods, in order of importance:

Supercharging/turbo Would you recommend FI for this car and if so what aftermarket FI systems are most popular.

Thanks

Last edited by 4evrblu; 10-08-05 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Did not like Title
          Old 10-08-05, 01:00 PM
          mcelligott
          Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nitrous is as far as I would go with that car for F/I.
          Old 10-08-05, 01:06 PM
          4evrblu
          Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mcelligott
          Nitrous is as far as I would go with that car for F/I.

Any suggestions on problems for this car? Suggestions for the other mods in my list?
          Old 10-08-05, 01:44 PM
          Pheonix
          Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
          Cool

Ah sean just wants to sell one of his spare nitrous kits LoL!

Turbo/Supercharger - go for it, but have money.
          The TRD S/C sucks, by the time you buy a used one install it - then upgrade the fuel so it doesn't kill itself -> then up the boost on it because it's still slow stock, you could simply put a custom turbo on it and make indefinitely more power, with more reliability, along with being far faster for the same amount of power.
          You can't flash the ECU, with a piggyback on the stock engine - expect to gain 10, maybe 15bhp if you control both the fuel & ignition. Your ECU in particular has been a pain in the ****, for the very few number of Camry / Solara owners that have gone FI.
          Sean would probably be happy to turbo the car for you, having the first & fastest turbo ES 300! Just drive to OH & write a check LoL!!!!!!!!
          No suspension kits, you piece together Camry / Solara parts to make what you want. Plenty of drop sprigs to choose from, 3 coilover kits (d2-2win!). Whiteline, TRD & another company make swaybars. Whiteline makes a camber kit & a really trick set of springs. The struts are the same as springs -> you've got your normal aftermarket stuff & since it's an import, nearly anything else from any import can be modded to work.

No aftermarket HID's. Either put OEM ones in, or retrofit your own projectors over.

Try searching, everything you could possibly ask has been covered to death on every major Camry / Solara / ES forum.
          Old 10-08-05, 03:50 PM
          4evrblu
          Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Pheonix
          Ah sean just wants to sell one of his spare nitrous kits LoL!

Turbo/Supercharger - go for it, but have money.
          The TRD S/C sucks, by the time you buy a used one install it - then upgrade the fuel so it doesn't kill itself -> then up the boost on it because it's still slow stock, you could simply put a custom turbo on it and make indefinitely more power, with more reliability, along with being far faster for the same amount of power.
          You can't flash the ECU, with a piggyback on the stock engine - expect to gain 10, maybe 15bhp if you control both the fuel & ignition. Your ECU in particular has been a pain in the ****, for the very few number of Camry / Solara owners that have gone FI.
          Sean would probably be happy to turbo the car for you, having the first & fastest turbo ES 300! Just drive to OH & write a check LoL!!!!!!!!
          No suspension kits, you piece together Camry / Solara parts to make what you want. Plenty of drop sprigs to choose from, 3 coilover kits (d2-2win!). Whiteline, TRD & another company make swaybars. Whiteline makes a camber kit & a really trick set of springs. The struts are the same as springs -> you've got your normal aftermarket stuff & since it's an import, nearly anything else from any import can be modded to work.

No aftermarket HID's. Either put OEM ones in, or retrofit your own projectors over.

Try searching, everything you could possibly ask has been covered to death on every major Camry / Solara / ES forum.
          Great reply. I am disspointed there are no HIDS though. Shoot.
          Old 10-09-05, 12:16 PM
          Lexusfreak
          Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
          Cool

The factory HID's look good, but I'm afraid they don't offer any significant lighting over halogens.