ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

*Official* ES 300 Auto Couture Headlight Eyebrows Group Buy! (ON THE WAY TO U!!!)

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-05, 09:59 AM
NeiLtYmE
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

by the way, i have a 96 just like it say on the Sig
Old 02-24-05, 03:37 PM
Lexbox
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

1. Gato 97
2. Bumfighter 97
3.lexsteres 98
4. djy 94
5. hoebag 97
6. khhoang 95
7. MRLEXUS 97
8. lexbox 96
9. NieltYimE

Originally Posted by lexsterES
what do you mean by "we".... you are not in this group buy.....yet, come on lexbox we need one more person. It'll make your car look sweeeeaatt!!!
lexsterES.......I am number 8 on the list. I gave my word I would participate in the group buy before you posted your comment. lol I just got to thinking the next day about how we would attach the eyelids. Until that point, I had never really given it much thought. As a computer nerd down here in Mobile, I dont get out much and when I do eyelids are a rarity. There are only 3 or 4 ES's down here that are owned by modders. Hopefully these things will look sweet because I am extremely concerned about avoiding anything that looks cheesy. Like the humongous yellow wing on that one guys car haha. Unique...
Old 02-24-05, 03:53 PM
lexsterES
Pole Position

my bad doggy, I was just trying to recruit and I didn't notice you were in.
...these eyelids are far from cheesy, they are real good mod for a car IMO I have no worries, I just want them already.
Old 02-24-05, 04:31 PM
bumfighter
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Yo

Yea I Hope The Lids Are Tight ................im Looking Forward To This Mod......when I Start Posting My Pics I Think I Might Suprise A Few Of You .....im Trying To Do Like Ten Things At Once ............just Copped Me A Movie Projector For My Hometheater ....and I Gotta Tell Ya Watching The Cronicles Of Riddick In Your Living Room On A 150 Inch Screen Is Really A Treat ....if Some Of You Are Into The Same Hobby Then I Would Suggest The Optimo H31 Projector .....its Blew My Mind The First Time I Turned The Thing On .....anyway Back To The Lex.......my Only Wish Is That They Came Factory Painted ...that Would Be An Awsome Perk Wouldnt It ...........does Anyone Know If We Could Buy Color Matched Paint To Spray Ourselves ?
Old 02-24-05, 05:45 PM
khhoang
Driver

Originally Posted by lexbox
1. Gato 97
2. Bumfighter 97
3.lexsteres 98
4. djy 94
5. hoebag 97
6. khhoang 95
7. MRLEXUS 97
8. lexbox 96
9. NieltYimE

lexsterES.......I am number 8 on the list. I gave my word I would participate in the group buy before you posted your comment. lol I just got to thinking the next day about how we would attach the eyelids. Until that point, I had never really given it much thought. As a computer nerd down here in Mobile, I dont get out much and when I do eyelids are a rarity. There are only 3 or 4 ES's down here that are owned by modders. Hopefully these things will look sweet because I am extremely concerned about avoiding anything that looks cheesy. Like the humongous yellow wing on that one guys car haha. Unique...
ROFL!!! there will be 2 ES's with eyelids rolling around this town. sup man if you see an emerald green ES that's me! i just installed the circle yellow foglights on my 95 ES bc the PIAA ion crystal was crap on the clear fogs. i may change it back when i get bored with the yellows.. but anyways maybe we'll bump into each other one day
Old 02-24-05, 07:03 PM
The_Hitman
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bumfighter
does Anyone Know If We Could Buy Color Matched Paint To Spray Ourselves ?
Check out this thread...

He said he got the paint from http://www.PaintScratch.com .. I believe they have colors for the car part too, not just the bumper... and you can get them in spray paint.
Old 02-24-05, 11:40 PM
bumfighter
Pole Position

Default Yo

So With The Paint Comes Out To A 160................damn Thats An Expensive Mod ...............but Hey You Wanna Play I Guess U Have To Pay.........maybe We Can Get A Group Buy On The Paint Too..........
Old 02-25-05, 05:20 AM
khhoang
Driver

Originally Posted by GATO
I'm sure you can get them shot for 10-20 bucks.....this is a quality AutoCouture part here
if it's really this cheap to get them painted at a shop then it shouldn't be that bad of an extra cost. but i don't think it's going to be this cheap.
Old 02-25-05, 08:48 AM
bumfighter
Pole Position

Default Yo

Your Lucky If You Can Get A Body Guy To Even Talk To Your For Ten, Twenty Bucks......the Cost Of The Paint Is About That Much .....your Definatly Looking At 160.....or More........you Also Gotta Figure In The Double Sided Tape...so Make 170 For The Mod ................. You Could Probably Get Your Self A Nice Cold Air Intake For That Much ......... Like I Said Expensive Minor Mod
Old 02-25-05, 09:08 AM
GATO
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

cmon guys...any usedcar dealer has to have a touch up guy that comes by once a week in a old pick up or some sort of mobile.
companys like aerocoulors,autowizards,autoworks...ect...
surley they exsist in your area...look them up.

it wont take them but 10 minutes to shoot those things.

just like there is interior guys out there.....we have people come out and fill cigarette burns and fix cracked leather ect...
I'm getting my interior touched up for $45bucks
Old 02-25-05, 09:22 AM
bumfighter
Pole Position

Default Yo

Hey Im Not Geting Cold Feet .......just Saying That The Mod Isnt Going To Be As Cheap As Everone Think Its Going To Be ............honestly You Really Cant Get Enything Done At A Body Shop For Ten Or Twenty Bucks .........the Color Match Spray Can Is Gunna Cost 60 Bucks ...or At Least Thats What The Website Had It Priced At ...............sanded Primed And Painted........im Telling You This Mod Is Not Going To Come In Under 160.......
Old 02-25-05, 09:52 AM
NeiLtYmE
Driver School Candidate

any spray paint is ganna work just fine. you can get that under 10 dollars. that and the primer for which ever kinda material it may be.
this material is really thin anyways.

for me, any toyota black is ganna match perfectly
Old 02-25-05, 10:20 AM
khhoang
Driver

Originally Posted by The_Hitman
Check out this thread...

He said he got the paint from http://www.PaintScratch.com .. I believe they have colors for the car part too, not just the bumper... and you can get them in spray paint.
i already have these paint cans (color w/ flex & clearcoat) on hand from paintscratch.com bc i have to do the exact touchup work described on that bumper thread. just need time to get on it.. and now just waiting on our groupbuy to do them both
Old 02-25-05, 03:02 PM
Lexbox
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by khhoang
ROFL!!! there will be 2 ES's with eyelids rolling around this town. sup man if you see an emerald green ES that's me! i just installed the circle yellow foglights on my 95 ES bc the PIAA ion crystal was crap on the clear fogs. i may change it back when i get bored with the yellows.. but anyways maybe we'll bump into each other one day
Wait a minute...the emerald green with the woodgrain crap on the side?
Old 02-25-05, 03:06 PM
MRLEXUS
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I still have my baby blu paint but DAMM it cost so much for a pint

Quick Reply: *Official* ES 300 Auto Couture Headlight Eyebrows Group Buy! (ON THE WAY TO U!!!)