ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

My car got vandalized!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-04, 09:47 PM
steviej
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can only shake my head in disgust.

I feel your pain as I have been there before, 3 times.

steviej
Old 09-10-04, 09:48 PM
93lexuses
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to see that. Does your insurance cover it?
You just can't trust parking your car no where anymore. People are so ignorant.
Old 09-10-04, 10:05 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Ben, I'm so at what happened to your car since I know you have put in a TON of work into it (are your Enkeis OK?). At the same time, I'm at the vandal who did this to your car (I mean seriously, who really vandalizes cars on a regular basis in the 21st cent.?) Those guys should get a life, period.

I guess all you can do right now is to talk to your insurance company and see what they can come up with payments to replace your windows, A-pillar damage, and any parts of the interior. On a slightly positive note, consider yourself lucky that your car wasn't stolen (it could've made the situation a lot worse).
Old 09-11-04, 12:18 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Sorry about your loss. Your homeowners policy may replace the belongings you lost in your car. CD's and such are usually excluded. Unfortunately alarm or not, theves know how to get around it and they'll take what they want if they want it really bad. The viper 2 way or Compustar systems are fairly good. Good luck.

I've stayed in a hotel in Mobile, Alabama before in the past. Scary place at night that's for sure...especially if you're just staying while you're passing through.

Last edited by flipside909; 09-11-04 at 12:20 AM.
Old 09-11-04, 10:37 AM
sk8er251cc
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It took me awhile to get over it. It's been about 3 weeks and the car is being repaired at Watkins auto body (where it was revived after I got slammed by a drunk). I have plenty of faith in them, because I didn't think I'd ever see the es after that last accident.

Insurance is paying for all of the repairs, and supposedly it is going to be finished tuesday! One of my admission friends at SHC(my school) has to do work back in birmingham (where the car is) this coming friday. So, hopefully i can bum a ride.

As far as nopi goes, I may be able to enter. If i get to bham friday and get my car, I could leave saturday morning and be on the floor at nopi nationals, atlanta! I'm just hoping that the car looks good. My parents and girlfriend have seen it and they say it looks great. So if i make it to nopi, this will definetly be a dream come true (i've always invisioned competing since i started this car).

The cd's and the laptop will not be covered by insurance, and my parents do not want to claim it on home owners because we will then be paying for it years down the road. My parents are being very supportive though. They are helping build my music collection back up to par.

Once again thanks for all the support.

Ben
Old 09-11-04, 02:54 PM
GATO
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

sorry to hear that ....you know, it's like always on my mind, that someone is gonna get to my car.I always try to have it close to me everywhere I go, you know to keep an eye on it,but there is only so much you can do ( cant watch it 24/7) and you cant spot haters!!!
good luck on getting it back on the road
Old 09-11-04, 04:01 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Have hope Ben, at least you can look at it this way...they didn't steal the car.
Old 09-11-04, 10:57 PM
ArcES330
Driver

Sorry about your loss. What Hotel did you stay? Was it a National Chain?
Old 09-12-04, 07:58 PM
Technics
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man that sucks. Good luck with geting things resolved.
Old 09-13-04, 10:58 AM
Ditto
Pole Position

Originally posted by sk8er251cc
Thanks for the support.

Does anyone have a 2-way viper? if so what do you think of it?
Sorry to hear that. I have a Clifford 2 way Alarm on my GS. (same as a viper)
The thing is that it has a backup battery, and multi-piezo sirens inside the car. If they break in the car, their eardrums are going with it.
Old 09-13-04, 03:23 PM
Bluesman
Driver

Man, that is terrible. I'm sorry to hear it. Some schmuck recently stole my aunt's rear stock speakers from her 86 Camry. This is not a misprint. They broke her rear passenger window to get into the car. What value could these speakers possibly have ? Unreal.
Old 09-14-04, 12:53 AM
Ditto
Pole Position

They broke into my prev.86 accord just for a hockey stick. It was broken into 5x in front of my house. I got so tired of replacing the windows, I just left it unlocked with the window partially opened. After that my window was never broken into again. I'm pretty sure they opened my door at some point when it was unlocked and window open only to find out that there was nothing to steal. They were so kind to closed the door after looking around in the car.
Old 09-14-04, 07:32 AM
ArcES330
Driver

Originally posted by Ditto
They broke into my prev.86 accord just for a hockey stick. It was broken into 5x in front of my house.
Wow! You must be living in a tough neighborhood.
Old 09-14-04, 08:00 AM
njes300
Pole Position

I know exactly how it feels. My damage was not as bad as yours but i did loose my car for a week and my company laptop and pretty much ruined my weekend. People have no respect for others property.

To top it off the ******* had my pay stubs and tried to get an over phone application for an auto loan.
Luckily I informed the 3 credit agencies and put my account on fraud alert. They picked it up right away and contacted me after he called to verify the application.

Try not to think about it to much...Good luck getting your car repaired.
Old 09-14-04, 09:26 AM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Unhappy

Sorry to see & hear what happened. Just aweful what some people do to others vehicles & property.

Quick Reply: My car got vandalized!