ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

sup lexus nation..just bought my new Lexus

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-04, 05:45 PM
bumfighter
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up sup lexus nation..just copped me my lexass

just copped me a champane 1997 es300 ....the gold emblems are fading so i ordered the black pearl emblem kit........the black pearl looks hot on the silver model but i havent seen one on a champane color...do you guys think i should have reordered the gold kit or did i make a wise choice with the black.....
Old 06-27-04, 08:03 PM
hoolcat
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Gold ES300 with the gold package that is fading too. I was thinking about getting the black logo's. I think it would look real good If you have your windows tinted black. I live in Phoenix so it a must to have tinted windows. If you just have the stock brown window tint than maybe stick with the gold logo's. I think it would look OK. IF any one has black logo's on there gold es post up some picks.other wise I will Photoshop a picture of my car and change the gold logo's to black so you can see if it looks ghood or not.
Old 06-27-04, 09:01 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Welcome to CL bumfighter. The problem with Lexus gold emblems is that they naturally fade in appearance over time, and there's not much that can be done besides total replacement. Personally I don't like the gold emblems, and I'm proud that I have never owned a set either You've made a wise choice of ordering the black pearl emblem kit, so I hope you go through with that order and let us know when you get them. The BP emblems would definitely make the look of your champagne ES very sharp
Old 06-27-04, 10:17 PM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Agreed! I debated on the gold package as well.......but I kept the factory chrome look & glad I did. Welcome to the club!
Old 06-27-04, 11:46 PM
I DOGG
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking SUP

Welcome.
It will look good.
Old 06-28-04, 10:38 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally posted by lexusk8
Welcome to CL bumfighter. The problem with Lexus gold emblems is that they naturally fade in appearance over time, and there's not much that can be done besides total replacement. Personally I don't like the gold emblems, and I'm proud that I have never owned a set either You've made a wise choice of ordering the black pearl emblem kit, so I hope you go through with that order and let us know when you get them. The BP emblems would definitely make the look of your champagne ES very sharp
I agree with lexusK8....the black pearl emblems, while not my personal favorite, do go better with the champaigne than with some other ES colors. Ordinarily the black emblems fade in a hot summer sun like in, say, AZ, but that won't be much of a problem in NY.
Old 06-28-04, 12:49 PM
93lexuses
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to CL and Congratulations on your new ride!
I have the gold emblems and i like them very much, but if i ever need new ones i am going for the black pearl emblem kit so i think you made a wise choice.

Post some pictures!
Old 06-28-04, 05:15 PM
bumfighter
Pole Position

Default thanks fellas

i just got my black emblems on ebay for 50 bucks shipped ........they look really sharp.....i havent put em on the lexasss... but as soon as i do im going to post up the pics ......thanks for the support fellas.....i was thinking about a skirt kit but after some homework i realized for a damn TRD kit you have to donate a kidney ...is there a cheaper way ?
Old 06-28-04, 05:56 PM
bumfighter
Pole Position

Default another question

do they make the blinking side mirrors for the es300 ...ive seen em on the benz ..and ebay has a knock off version of them that fits any set of drivers side mirror's but has anyone purchased them....
Old 06-28-04, 06:04 PM
bumfighter
Pole Position

Default food for thought......

some guy has a 2000 grille on ebay for 50 bucks ( buy it now price ).....DAMN i just paid 100. shipped for mine ....but even though i got JERKED lol you dont have to ......just thought i'd share the info .....peace out bros
Old 06-29-04, 08:59 AM
juan01
Pole Position

Welcome... All I have to add here is that you can't go wrong with the black pearls.
Old 06-29-04, 05:43 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts
Default Re: another question

Originally posted by bumfighter
do they make the blinking side mirrors for the es300 ...ive seen em on the benz ..and ebay has a knock off version of them that fits any set of drivers side mirror's but has anyone purchased them....
Nope. The ES has very limited aftermarket support so most things you can use are some aftermarket chassis and powertrain parts from the Camry/Solara platform. Other than that, you're SOL.
Old 06-29-04, 07:09 PM
bumfighter
Pole Position

Default guess what

found a body shop not to far from where i live who specialize in cutom concepts ..and they happen to fabricate the blinking benz mirrors for any car...... they actually cut into the factory mirrors and add the binkers to them ...the price for this little project 350 bucks ................... thats a whole lotta doe to see your mirrors blink ........but damn i'd be the shizzznit and maybe the first in the club to make that happen ...so i might "pioneer this".................but just remember who did it first .......................lol
Old 06-29-04, 07:29 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Re: guess what

found a body shop not to far from where i live who specialize in cutom concepts ..and they happen to fabricate the blinking benz mirrors for any car...... they actually cut into the factory mirrors and add the binkers to them ...the price for this little project 350 bucks ................... thats a whole lotta doe to see your mirrors blink ........but damn i'd be the shizzznit and maybe the first in the club to make that happen ...so i might "pioneer this".................but just remember who did it first .......................lol
bumfighter, nice to hear that you found one possible solution for this unique mod. I do hope you plan on going through with the mirror blinkers. That goes to show that anything is possible, and that you can do anything you want if you set your mind to it
Old 06-29-04, 08:21 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,297 Posts
Default Re: guess what

There are a couple of guys who have done this with their GS's and IS - you'd be the first (... with an ES that I know of )

Here are a couple of threads:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hreadid=121508
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hreadid=107691