ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

2nd-gen ES climate control light problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-14, 02:40 PM
azcat90
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So the bulbs are sold attached to the black/brown plastic? Do they screw out or pop out?
Old 10-18-14, 11:22 PM
Mrv8q
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks to Lexusk8 for the original post. I just replaced mine; 2 bulbs, each $6.66(!) from Lexus. All this time I thought it was the individual switches that had inoperative lights. Had I known, I would have done these when I replaced my Pioneer LCD screen last weekend. Happily, my radio has no inoperative lights.

Interestingly, the new LED bulbs could not be hand tightened into the circuit board. I needed a thin blade screwdriver to gently turn them in their track. For future's sake, I sprayed a small bit of DeOxit onto a Q-tip, and rubbed that around the track for all the LED bulbs, before affixing the bulbs into their tracks.

Nice to have all lights again, after a couple years!
Old 01-27-15, 07:03 PM
Mphidd
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 01ES300NYC
those buttons dont light up. there are no bulbs to replace... thats the way they are
I'm new to the forum and will do my best to search more on this but.................for sure the trunk/gas button areas do not light up? I find it odd that at night you would have to turn on a light to see which button you'd be pressing. I understand once you know where they are then you can find each without really looking, but for a new lexus owner such as myself, I would have to turn the light on.
Old 02-02-15, 03:56 PM
Mphidd
Driver School Candidate

Hopefully I won't have any issues with doing this, I'm also replacing the bulbs for the radio. Just ordered the bulbs. Wish me luck!
Old 02-22-15, 04:42 AM
lubolink
Driver School Candidate

Hello,

I've already bought the bulbs needed from the dealer. I know the whole center piece housing the radio, cc, ash tray, etc. needs to come out as a unit. The two nuts above the ashtray are easy enough to find by popping the above panel on top of the ash tray. There are two more nuts on top. Where exactly, I'm not sure. I've been told to pop out the 2 top vents and they are behind the vents. When I look into the vents, I see no fasteners of any kind. Not sure exactly what to do next? There are a total of about 6 bulbs I purchased from the dealer to fix the problem. It's definitely not one bulb behind the temp ****. I will post a note after I fix the problem.
Old 02-23-15, 06:23 AM
azcat90
Driver School Candidate

Just grab the center of the top piece and pull
Old 03-21-15, 06:38 PM
Lexi66
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lubolink
Hello,

I've already bought the bulbs needed from the dealer. I know the whole center piece housing the radio, cc, ash tray, etc. needs to come out as a unit. The two nuts above the ashtray are easy enough to find by popping the above panel on top of the ash tray. There are two more nuts on top. Where exactly, I'm not sure. I've been told to pop out the 2 top vents and they are behind the vents. When I look into the vents, I see no fasteners of any kind. Not sure exactly what to do next? There are a total of about 6 bulbs I purchased from the dealer to fix the problem. It's definitely not one bulb behind the temp ****. I will post a note after I fix the problem.
What model year is your Lexus ES350. My backlighting on the temperature cintrol
Panel and the gear shift are both out in my 2011. It 's a garage queen with less than
3,000 miles. That's right ....less than 3K miles. Still under warranty. Don't suppose
this is covered under warranty.

Feedback please!
Old 07-14-17, 12:29 AM
ldam
Driver School Candidate

sorry to bring back old topic, my 2006 es330 climate control backlight won't turn on, the lcd backlight turn on when headlight off and turn off when headlight on, none of the button on the climate control light up, the button function fine. i check all the fuse they look fine any suggestion