Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the ES300h model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the ES300h. Please use the main 6ES forum for discussion about shared components with other sixth generation ES models.

Why I Sold My ES300h and Trying Mercedes

Old 02-08-17, 07:34 AM
swfla
Lead Lap

Received 1,205 Likes on 955 Posts

Originally Posted by bostonsnow
How exactly does the active multi contour seat differ from the base seat?

How does the ride of the Mercedes E series compare to the ES300h ? I have read a review stating that the redesigned E series for 2017 has a firmer ride than past generations, but sounds like as a CPO you have a previous year which should have the former, nice cush E series ride.?
Don't know about the 2017 but the E came in two flavors, luxury and sport. Luxury has the stand up star on the hood, sport is flat on the hood. Sport has some exterior fluff and a sport/luxury button on the console that changes the shifts points and steering response. It also has stiffer non adjustable sport suspension but not so much that the ride is harsh. IMO it is a bit firmer than the ES and that's one reason I prefer the Active multi contour seats. The regular seats I sat in are more like to separate and firm bench seats, not much body hugging on the sides of the cushions. The contour seats are closer to bucket seats but not extreme. While there is no additional thigh adjustment ( they should have added that ) the "bucket" sides on the torso and the seat bottom have air bladders in them that inflate and deflate quickly whenever you make a turn, keeping your body in place. It also has a "rolling" massage function that uses ?4? air bladders in the seat back. For me, just sitting in the dealer's lot, in the contour seats is more comfortable. The passenger seat looks the same but does have the bladders. I believe the option was about $1500 or less, not bad for all it does. Unless special ordered, it's rare to find in an E350. More likely in an E500, which is also rare to find. But some other higher end models offer contour seats, just so you can go to the dealer to try them out. Not sure if the sport and luxury editions have identical based seats. For me, I would have purchased either edition if it had the contour seats. I just happened to find them in a sport edition. As far as comparing the ride between ES and E class, they're similar with the Mercedes feeling a bit more substantial. Hope my description helps you.
Old 02-25-18, 01:43 PM
Vegasaurus
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm still amazed by your ES's mpg issue. If the hybrid battery was kaput something should have come up, if not a CEL at least when the tech ran TechStream. Did you verify that the cell sub-pack voltages were correct? I'm guessing very high internal resistance in at least one of them... but still, should've thrown a code.
The following users liked this post:
chromedome (02-26-18)
Old 02-26-18, 10:37 AM
Maikerusan
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

The OP was asking over a year ago and the ES is long since traded in.
Old 03-01-18, 07:17 AM
911h20
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Htony
Congrats and good luck with MB. My friend took his MB just out of factory warranty in for oil change. dealer called him saying there is an oil leak under the the car.
Some seal needs replacing, cost? 8 grand CAD. Hard to believe.
the MB dealer said the same to me on my E55.