Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the ES300h model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the ES300h. Please use the main 6ES forum for discussion about shared components with other sixth generation ES models.

Floormat Dilemma Lexus ES300h

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-16, 12:57 PM
JimmyS72
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Floormat Dilemma Lexus ES300h

Hi All,

A few months back I traded in my 2009 IS for an L Certified 2013 ES 300h

The car is awesome.. had less than 10k miles on it and has every option (UL etc) except for the Panoramic Sunroof. BUT.. it did have one drawback (for me at least) it has the Ivory/Tan interior. Would have preferred light gray or black.. but I digress.

No matter how often I wash my car and clean the interior.. the floormats, especially my driver front mat look disgusting because Ivory obviously shows everything.

Even though I'm in SoCal where the weather is wonderful 99.5% of the time.. I'm thinking the best solution might be to get all weather mats. I just want something that I can clean up and will look nice and won't look like I neglect my car 2 days after I detailed it without having my mats shampooed daily.

Here is what I'm considering:

Weather Tech Digital Fit Mats

Weather Tech Regular Mats

Or maybe black would look okay since the dash etc is black on the Ivory interior cars?

Lexus OEM All Weather Mats

Lexus OEM Black Carpet Mat

If you were in my position.. which of the 4 above would you pick? Price isn't really an issue. I just want something high quality that will look nice and not look grimey after only a few days.

-Jimmy
Old 10-26-16, 01:07 PM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,233 Likes on 866 Posts

I have the same interior that you do. The light carpet mats deteriorate quickly and at one point just look constantly soiled. I first bought clear vinyl mats that allowed the Ivory/beige mats to show through and it looked OK. It protected the mats from soil but didn't look great. One of the other members on here, Arty101, suggested the all weather Lexus mats which are black. I bought those and never looked back. They clean up nice and create no issue with the accelerator. The laser designed Weathertech mats are very nice high quality but I didn't want to look at the Weathertech logo molded into the mat every time I got into the car. I'd go with the Lexus all weather mats. The carpet mats just don't wear well.
Old 10-26-16, 01:12 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,010 Likes on 691 Posts

I have the WeatherTech All Weather mats (not the liners). They fit well and look good. They attach with the same mounting clips that the Lexus carpet mats use. So, they stay securely in place.

My ES also has the parchment interior, and the Weathertech mats that I bought are the tan mats. The tan mats are a few shades darker than the parchment, and they complement that interior color of the vehicle quite well. That said, others have reported using the black all-weather mats, and I think that, with, as you say, black on the dash, the black mats would look good, too.

The quality of the Weathertech mats and the Lexus mats is very similar. If you want the Lexus logo, then, the Lexus mats should be your choice. The WeatherTech mats do not have a logo (but their liners do have a Weathertech logo). I prefer not having the logo, and I've been a satisfied user of Weathertech products in multiple vehicles. So, I chose the Weathertech mats, but I'm sure that you would be happy with either, and the prices of both are similar.
Old 10-26-16, 01:15 PM
oldcajun
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

I would go with the OEM carpet mats. My 2014 had the beige interior with the black mats and it was fine.
Steve
Old 10-26-16, 01:16 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by bc6152
The laser designed Weathertech mats are very nice high quality but I didn't want to look at the Weathertech logo molded into the mat every time I got into the car. .
On the WeatherTech All Weather mats, the WeatherTech name is printed in very small letters at the very back edge of the mat, and that edge is actually covered by the seat. So, you do not see any Weathertech logo when the mats are actually installed in the car. It is only the Weathtech liners that have a large Weathertech logo on them.
Old 10-26-16, 02:57 PM
Kijug
Intermediate

Received 99 Likes on 72 Posts

Well, I can't help you. My last car had tan leather and it looked soiled eventually (10+ years). I decided when I got my 2014 ES to get black leather. I do prefer it as it doesn't show any dirt and soil. The obvious downside I struggled with is the black shows dust more easily. You can't win either way...heh. But overall, I'm preferring the black. So my recommendation would be to go with Lexus black carpet mats, if you don't mind the contrast.
Old 10-26-16, 04:44 PM
Zipit555
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It's all personal preference of course. For me it was an easy decision. My mother has an RX 350 with the parchment interior and I bought her the weather tech digital liner mats in black. To me it matches perfectly and I would not want the tan mats. Before I bought my 2016 ES 350 ( Black interior), I was looking at used cars. Every one that had tan all weather mats looked soiled to me. On the weather tech versus the Lexus what I'm gonna do for my 2016 ES 350 is get the weather tech digital liner mats for the winter. I have the all weather mats that came with the car that I will use the rest of the year. You can't beat the weather tech mats for containing snow and ice. The weather tech logo does not bother me in the least.
Old 10-26-16, 04:50 PM
Zipit555
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

As an addendum, the 2016 parchment interior now comes with a brown colored dash, steering wheel, etc., not black as came with 2013-2015. That is part of the reason that I went with an all black interior on my 2016. I'm not sure that black mats would look as well with that combination. As was mentioned previously, the 2013 RX that my mother has, has black dash, steering wheel, etc with the parchment seats and therefore the black mats match very well.
Old 10-26-16, 04:52 PM
iJDMTOY
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I bought a set of the Lexus OEM All Weather Floor mats. No regrets, and I highly recommend these. They're great when you have dirt on your shoes and really keep the car looking pristine. It wasn't too expensive either.
Old 10-26-16, 06:09 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 691 Likes on 508 Posts

This is definitely a matter of opinion, and there are some posted here that might benefit from a contrasting opinion. First, our ES has a black interior and the mats get to looking very grungy. Black shows dirt too, but not quite as bad as the tan we had in the 2004 RX. Our parchment interior in the 2013 RX came with black mats, but they still showed winter gunk. The real mess was in the winter when they use Potassium Chloride in all the parking lots. It leaves a white gunk which actually shows up worse on black than tan.

We have the WeatherTechs in the current ES and the OEM mats in our NX (both have black carpet). The WeatherTechs are thicker and heavier, and they cover about two thirds of the deadpedal. The OEM mats leave the deadpedal exposed. The OEM also lets more grit in around the edges. Either are pretty good, but the OEM seem to be a bit more elegant, whereas the WeatherTechs look a bit more industrial but provide better coverage.

After owning Lexus autos with both Parchment and black interiors, and having both versions of mats, my opinion is that I definitely favor an all-weather mat, and slightly favor the WeatherTechs over the OEM. Of course, your mileage will vary depending on your climate and OCD tendencies...
Old 10-26-16, 06:45 PM
mspearl95
Instructor

Received 108 Likes on 89 Posts

i have the ivory interior, and went with the weathertech digital floor liners/mats- black. they match the interior much better than the tan ones do. the weather tech logo comes right off. the photo doesn't really show it very well, but you can kind of get the idea.

Last edited by mspearl95; 10-26-16 at 06:50 PM.
Old 10-27-16, 04:32 AM
Freds430
Pole Position

Received 1,056 Likes on 692 Posts

Have a 2013 ES300h with parchment interior and got the Weather Tech regular mats in the darker tan as lesz stated. The original tan carpet mats looked good for a month. These look really good. Perfect fit and do not show dirt and keeps the interior a light color. I wash them every three months. The black ones in my opinion show every little speck of lint. Loved them so much bought the same color for our 2015 RX450h with parchment interior. I got the Lexus carpet trunk mat however for the trunk.
Old 10-27-16, 06:25 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Ward6096

We have the WeatherTechs in the current ES and the OEM mats in our NX (both have black carpet). The WeatherTechs are thicker and heavier, and they cover about two thirds of the deadpedal. The OEM mats leave the deadpedal exposed. The OEM also lets more grit in around the edges. Either are pretty good, but the OEM seem to be a bit more elegant, whereas the WeatherTechs look a bit more industrial but provide better coverage.
That is a good point. The WeatherTech all weather mats do cover more area than do the Lexus mats. And you are right about the OEM mats collecting more dirt/debris around the edges. I had the OEM mats in my generation 4 ES, and the WeatherTech all weather mats in my generation 6 ES definitely do, with the larger coverage area, keep more debris off of the carpets than did the OEM mats on the older ES.

For me, the all weather mats are a nice compromise between the liners and just using the carpet mats. The all weather mats don't offer as much protection as do the liners, but they don't create the same truck-like look that the liners do. And whatever grit does get on the carpets with the all weather mats can be easily vacuumed off before it gets ground into the carpet like it would happen if you were just using the carpet mats. What I've also found is that, if I just use the carpet mats, they will start to show wear, especially around the areas where the heels hit, in just a matter of weeks. If I was to go with just carpet mats, I'd be planning to have to replace them every year or so.
Old 10-29-16, 12:17 PM
Brent1944
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I have a 2016... with Parchment and Chocolate ..I got OEM all weather, chocolate color, has Lexus Logo on it.. Looks great
Old 10-29-16, 01:29 PM
Ratchey
Intermediate

Received 94 Likes on 76 Posts

For the 2016 (and possibly earlier years) Lexus makes 2 types of all weather mats. There are the flat floor mats that most have seen, but they also make an all weather liner that I just ordered. It covers the dead pedal and more of the carpet.
There is a code on this site for 10% off.

https://www.lpartsworld.com/partsSea...R-MATS/165/27/

Quick Reply: Floormat Dilemma Lexus ES300h