Brent1944
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Check true Car.. And Costco if you have one nearby as well
Old 09-10-16, 07:11 PM
AK78
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went with nebula gray pearl and black interior.
Thought I'd go for parchment but with three kids, my wife talked me into black and I'm happy with the choice. Would have done the red mica but couldn't find one within 500 miles, oh well, the pearl finish is outstanding.
Knowing how critical the dealer survey is also worked to my advantage. It was my last card to play and got me an accessory thrown in when I told them I'd complete the survey and give all 10s. Sales manager was outstanding so I don't have an issue with giving them that assurance.
Old 09-10-16, 07:21 PM
Brent1944
Lead Lap

What accessory did u get?
Old 09-10-16, 09:26 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 721 Likes on 528 Posts

Originally Posted by AK78
Thought I'd go for parchment but with three kids, my wife talked me into black and I'm happy with the choice. Would have done the red mica but couldn't find one within 500 miles, oh well, the pearl finish is outstanding.
We traded a Nebula Gray Pearl RX in for a Matador Red Mica NX. The red is really beautiful but the gray is much easier to take care of so I think you got the best color anyway. Also, I am somewhat OCD and I can say without a doubt the parchment interior on our former RX and current NX is much easier to take care of than the black. The black interior shows every touch of the hand as a slight smudge, and you cannot completely get the kick marks off the back of the front seats. The black is definitely nice when new, just harder to keep looking new. You just don't see the slight color variations in the parchment caused by cleaning solutions and vigorous scrubbing like you do on the black. Just my experience with those two interior choices... I'm trying to get past it without therapy
Old 09-10-16, 11:13 PM
bostonsnow
Advanced

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

exact same color scheme I got.
The parchment is nice but i think it will get dirty and stained quickly. I have seen a few 2-4 year old lexus cars with parchment where it has become dirty with kids etc around.
I think you made a good choice.
I really like the black leather with the stitching pattern with the lux package.

Originally Posted by AK78
Knowing how critical the dealer survey is also worked to my advantage. It was my last card to play and got me an accessory thrown in when I told them I'd complete the survey and give all 10s. Sales manager was outstanding so I don't have an issue with giving them that assurance.
Old 09-10-16, 11:15 PM
bostonsnow
Advanced

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

its true that black leather will show every shoe mark and dirt mark. I have had that happen on my last lexus when my son was little. But that stuff cleans off

ON the other hand, I have seen parchment on some friends' cars who have kids and don't take care of their leather, and there is some irreversible staining and wear....

I guess it could go either way . parchment is fine if one keeps it clean and doesn't let the leather take a beating and get too soiled.

Originally Posted by Ward6096
We traded a Nebula Gray Pearl RX in for a Matador Red Mica NX. The red is really beautiful but the gray is much easier to take care of so I think you got the best color anyway. Also, I am somewhat OCD and I can say without a doubt the parchment interior on our former RX and current NX is much easier to take care of than the black. The black interior shows every touch of the hand as a slight smudge, and you cannot completely get the kick marks off the back of the front seats. The black is definitely nice when new, just harder to keep looking new. You just don't see the slight color variations in the parchment caused by cleaning solutions and vigorous scrubbing like you do on the black. Just my experience with those two interior choices... I'm trying to get past it without therapy
Old 09-11-16, 07:12 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 721 Likes on 528 Posts

Originally Posted by bostonsnow
its true that black leather will show every shoe mark and dirt mark. I have had that happen on my last lexus when my son was little. But that stuff cleans off

ON the other hand, I have seen parchment on some friends' cars who have kids and don't take care of their leather, and there is some irreversible staining and wear....

I guess it could go either way . parchment is fine if one keeps it clean and doesn't let the leather take a beating and get too soiled.
Just from my personal experience with both colors on Lexus models of 2013 MY and newer, my cleaning style and the average age of my passengers, the parchment was MUCH easier for me to keep looking nice. When new, I like the appearance of both and the black might be sportier looking. Both seem equally hot on those triple digit days so I don't personally subscribe to the "black is hotter" argument. Bottom line is both are fine colors and all other things being equal, the black is a better match for a gray or silver exterior IMHO.
Old 09-11-16, 07:17 AM
Brent1944
Lead Lap

I didnt look at, but wished i had just to compare, but the Flaxen looks pretty good..I agree about the black.. I lived ib Phoenix for 11 years and had black cars with black interior... Not much difference. Course i did use a winshield cover if parking for extended periods of time..
Old 09-11-16, 07:29 PM
AK78
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Brent1944
What accessory did u get?
bumper appliqué, my deal was on specs from another dealer's inventory and the car on the lot needed this added.
my current vehicle has one and it has protected the bumper well.
Old 09-11-16, 07:31 PM
Brent1944
Lead Lap

Mine had that and clear door edge guards and clear behind the door handle guards ..
Old 09-12-16, 06:18 PM
JimmyB1970
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I paid $39,900 for a $45,879 MSRP for 2016 Eminent White Pearl/Black W/Linear Wood two weeks ago. A loaded Toyota Avalon Limited was $37k. Why wouldn't you buy a Lexus? Better resale, ride and interior.
Old 09-15-16, 06:45 AM
DougS78
Driver School Candidate

Default Trying for an ES300h in Indiana

I've greatly enjoyed this particular thread as I'm currently very much in the market for an ES300h. I'll be a new-to-Lexus customer so am getting acclimated to the buying process.

I'm truly open as to the year, but right now it seems the 2016s are the way to go with the $3500 cash incentive (i'll be paying cash).

I'm in Indiana and so the nearest dealership to me is an hour away. Two more that are 90 and 120 minutes, respectively. If I extend to chicago (2.5 hours) there are lots of options. So I feel like I can shop around a bit, but still am not seeing any sort of the discounts of the type being mentioned here. I have one at the "local" dealer could trade for me. MSRP of 48,744 and they are offering 4.66% off that (46,472), then the 3500 cash incentive would take it down to roughly 43000. So thats something like 11-12% of MSRP. This is in line with what Truecar suggest for my area (~43,300).

I still need to do more homework on the car (mileage, etc) and negotiate my trade, but otherwise should I hold out for more? I've been looking at this for several weeks and it seemed that TrueCar prices dipped around labor day and have now come up a bit more. Should I wait until later this month?

Final question, this is a Lexus Plus dealership that says they are no-haggle. In your experience is that accurate? That they won't negotiate at all?

Thanks!

Old 09-15-16, 06:49 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 679 Likes on 505 Posts

Originally Posted by DougS78
Final question, this is a Lexus Plus dealership that says they are no-haggle. In your experience is that accurate? That they won't negotiate at all?

Thanks!
Welcome to the forum! From what I've read on here, the haggle free dealers are truly that. I'll see if I can dig up the thread and link it here.

Found it:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...-s-stores.html

So, if you want to go cheaper, you should go elsewhere.
Old 09-15-16, 06:53 AM
DougS78
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Mike728
Welcome to the forum! From what I've read on here, the haggle free dealers are truly that. I'll see if I can dig up the thread and link it here.

So, if you want to go cheaper, you should go elsewhere.
Got it. Yes, indeed if true then that makes sense. Frankly their offer is not that bad -- its right at True Car and Edmunds) -- but not as low as some are stating on here.

One other detail I forgot to mention. This dealership wants to add a $399 "Safety First" system (i understand this to mean the brake lights will blink to warn drivers) and a $279 "Theft deterrent" system, or some such. They are telling me that all their vehicles have those, although I question why they would "have to" put it on one they dealer trade from elsewhere. I would assume that even a no-haggle dealership could negotiate on those sort of things, right?
Old 09-15-16, 07:13 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,017 Likes on 695 Posts

Originally Posted by DougS78
Got it. Yes, indeed if true then that makes sense. Frankly their offer is not that bad -- its right at True Car and Edmunds) -- but not as low as some are stating on here.

One other detail I forgot to mention. This dealership wants to add a $399 "Safety First" system (i understand this to mean the brake lights will blink to warn drivers) and a $279 "Theft deterrent" system, or some such. They are telling me that all their vehicles have those, although I question why they would "have to" put it on one they dealer trade from elsewhere. I would assume that even a no-haggle dealership could negotiate on those sort of things, right?
Two points.

First, it has been the case that the level of discounting in the middle of the country has been has consistently been much lower than what it has been in other areas, including, especially, Southern California, Texas, and some parts of the East Coast. So, with dealers that you are going to find in Indiana and the Chicago area, you aren't likely to find prices as low as you might find in other regions.

Also, dealer-installed add-ons tend to be high mark-up items that are pure profit for the dealerships. The general rule of thumb is to pass on all of them. If dealers are truly interested in making a sale, they will either sell you the car without those add-ons or they will reduce the prices of them to a small fraction of their original prices. I suspect that such add-ons are just a part of what supposedly "no haggle" dealerships are using to make it look like the prices for their cars are fixed, but, in reality, those add-ons give them room for varying the pricing to whatever level is necessary to make a sale.

Quick Reply: MSRP Discounts....am I crazy?