Search this Thread

Old 08-31-16, 12:37 PM
bostonsnow
Advanced

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Did that B of A loan require 20% down?
looks like Unify doesnt require any down
Originally Posted by UKEE
Where did you see that someone in Kentucky did? I think I'm the only one from Kentucky in this thread and I didn't get the $1,500. Also didn't finance through Lexus Financial (financed at dealer through BofA for 1.9% for 5 years but refinanced through Unify Federal Credit Union at 0.74% for three years with automatic payment).
Old 08-31-16, 12:42 PM
bostonsnow
Advanced

why not get pre-approved with Unify from the start and go into the dealer with that plan? or does the dealer make it a hassle that way?
I notice a lot of people getting some financing from the dealer then refinancing later - trying to figure out why.
sorry for so many questions....

Where did you see that someone in Kentucky did? I think I'm the only one from Kentucky in this thread and I didn't get the $1,500. Also didn't finance through Lexus Financial (financed at dealer through BofA for 1.9% for 5 years but refinanced through Unify Federal Credit Union at 0.74% for three years with automatic payment).
Old 08-31-16, 01:03 PM
UKEE
Driver

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Eh, forget what I said. That was a brain fart on my end...sorry.

You'll come out ahead on the $3,500 rebate with 1.9% (or whatever for the most part) than the $1,500 rebate with the 0.9% finance rate.

Last edited by UKEE; 08-31-16 at 01:09 PM.
Old 08-31-16, 01:04 PM
UKEE
Driver

Originally Posted by bostonsnow
Did that B of A loan require 20% down?
looks like Unify doesnt require any down
Not that I know of. My trade covered nearly that much anyway but there was no mention of 20% down. Unify had no issues but was quite a bit of paperwork back and forth to get the loan completed.

Didn't get pre-qualified with Unify because I didn't know about them until after I had bought the car. Was thinking of using Penfed but dealer and BofA matched Penfed's rate and didn't have to wait. Found Unify (Western) via a Google search a few days later and then it was mentioned by someone else on here. I put in an application and was approved quickly but took over a week (maybe near two) to get all of the paperwork complete. Hell, it was almost as much paperwork as my mortgage, lol!
Old 08-31-16, 02:40 PM
Zipit555
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Finally pulled the trigger yesterday.
New '16 ES Nav with Lux MSRP $45959
Sale Price $42180
Rebate $3500
Coupon $1000 (Don't ask where I got it....forget....been on my desk for like 7 months....guessing car show I went to or something)
Proc Fee $250
Tag fees $30
-$500 more on my trade than every other dealer. I intro the trade at the very end of the deal so suspect the $500 came off sale price and not added to trade. I know what the WH was on my trade and every other dealer hit it right on and these guys did $500 more

Think I ended up 18.5% to 19% off before sales tax.

I had a few other deals that were less but this was the perfect car (2 days off the truck and only 36 miles on it including my test drive) right color combo equipment etc and was only 2.5 hours to pick it up. Other deals were about 5 hours.
Bottom line is $37,460 and I have to pay my sales tax (6%) and $84 in fees at home DMV

Curious how others in the Midwest are doing. CA and TX seem to be doing the best.
Old 08-31-16, 02:41 PM
bostonsnow
Advanced

thanks!
hmm...I just did a mortgage re-finance so not too thrilled with tons of paperwork!
If B of A is 1.9% and trade and rebate covers any downpayment, I'll be happy enough with that I think
Not that I know of. My trade covered nearly that much anyway but there was no mention of 20% down. Unify had no issues but was quite a bit of paperwork back and forth to get the loan completed.

Didn't get pre-qualified with Unify because I didn't know about them until after I had bought the car. Was thinking of using Penfed but dealer and BofA matched Penfed's rate and didn't have to wait. Found Unify (Western) via a Google search a few days later and then it was mentioned by someone else on here. I put in an application and was approved quickly but took over a week (maybe near two) to get all of the paperwork complete. Hell, it was almost as much paperwork as my mortgage, lol!
Old 08-31-16, 03:26 PM
UKEE
Driver

Originally Posted by bostonsnow
thanks!
hmm...I just did a mortgage re-finance so not too thrilled with tons of paperwork!
If B of A is 1.9% and trade and rebate covers any downpayment, I'll be happy enough with that I think
You can pay extra, save interest and cut time if you don't mind the larger payment (that you would have had with the Unify 0.74% rate anyway) and cut nearly two years off and save lots of interest too.
Old 08-31-16, 07:51 PM
Sneakerboy
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Zipit555
Sale Price $42180
Rebate $3500
Coupon $1000 (Don't ask where I got it....forget....been on my desk for like 7 months....guessing car show I went to or something)
Proc Fee $250
Tag fees $30
-$500 more on my trade than every other dealer. I intro the trade at the very end of the deal so suspect the $500 came off sale price and not added to trade. I know what the WH was on my trade and every other dealer hit it right on and these guys did $500 more

I had a few other deals that were less but this was the perfect car (2 days off the truck and only 36 miles on it including my test drive) right color combo equipment etc and was only 2.5 hours to pick it up. Other deals were about 5 hours.
Bottom line is $37,460 and I have to pay my sales tax (6%) and $84 in fees at home DMV

Curious how others in the Midwest are doing. CA and TX seem to be doing the best.

Haha. That's not too bad. Especially with the $1000 coupon.
Old 08-31-16, 09:19 PM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Sale Price $42180
Rebate $3500
Proc Fee $250
Tag fees $30

Nice work - you landed a great deal - congrats!!
Old 08-31-16, 11:45 PM
caseycasem
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sale Price $42180
Rebate $3500
Proc Fee $250
Tag fees $30

They're still delivering 2016 cars to dealers? I assumed what they had on the lot was all they'd have till the 2017's come out.
Old 09-01-16, 07:46 AM
Zipit555
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by caseycasem
They're still delivering 2016 cars to dealers? I assumed what they had on the lot was all they'd have till the 2017's come out.
Mine came off the truck a few days before I bought it so they are still showing up but probably not for long. Another dealer told me that they are getting allocations for 2017's so I imagine it will be 30 days or less before they start showing up.
Old 09-01-16, 10:46 AM
bostonsnow
Advanced

I have been talking to multiple dealers this week. Some say they are done taking in 2016s
But some still are getting some in. Actually one dealer says that there is a car with the specs I want in port at the moment that he can get. So there are still some 2016s en route.

Originally Posted by caseycasem
Old 09-05-16, 10:35 AM
bostonsnow
Advanced

ok - I finally did it - took advantage of the tail end of the 2016s (not that much inventory around of ES300h) and the labor day promotions

Just bought an ES300h, right at the end of the 2016s, and during the labor day sale.

Nebula Gray Pearl, Black interior with Lux Package leather; and spoiler
Lexus Safety system plus
BSM with RCTA
Power Rear Sunshade
Nav
One Touch Power Trunk
Intuitive Parking Assist
Rain Sensing Wipers, Heated steering.

As per other posts, I debated between Silver lining metallic vs nebula gray - but found the current silver lining metallic to be quite a bland and boring silver. So went with nebula. Also waxed and waned between the Prem package seats vs Lux, but liked the white stitching on black leather look with Lux so went with that.
MSRP: $48,634
Dealer offered sale price (offered via email beforehand with back and forth emails between me and a handful of dealers by email ) $43,471 before tax and lic.
used the Lexus cash of $3500: final price before tax and Lic: $39,971.
That is an approx 18% discount from MSRP
Dealer connected me for loan via Well Fargo for 1.9% for 60 months - thats fine for now - might consider refinance to a credit union for 36 months perhaps.
Dealer had to get the car from another dealer, and was very up front with the offer and gave a good trade in price, so I didn't try to push further. So IMO, others bidding on cars this weekend, particularly where the dealer has a car in stock, possibly could do even better than this. I was in and out within 2 hours and pleased with that, didn't feel the need to try to squeeze any more out of the deal. Very happy overall!
Couple other dealers are still calling me today, so some of the ES300h that I liked are still around - so I'm sure there is good labor day shopping out there for people still looking.
See the sticky Pic thread if you want to see pics! now time for me to do a few hours of driving on labor day!
Old 09-05-16, 10:40 AM
UKEE
Driver

Great deal, IMO, bostonsnow, especially on a 300h. Nearly $9,000 off on MSRP is impressive!!!
Old 09-05-16, 11:41 AM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Great deal @bostonsnow - congrats and enjoy the new wheels!

Quick Reply: MSRP Discounts....am I crazy?