ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

MSRP Discounts....am I crazy?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-16, 10:27 AM
fomenter
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you tell us how much discount you got?
Thanks

Originally Posted by sanyata
In my case I blasted about 7 dealers, some local and some a few hundred miles away with my ideal car specs. I always looked at their website's "about us" page and got the internet sales reps email to send to. The ones that didn't respond I just wrote off. Of the ones that did most were willing to negotiate via email but a few wanted me to call. While I was adverse to calling I actually got my best quote from doing so. Using that quote I leveraged it for my deal with a local dealer who completely negotiated via email. VIN's are always current on their sites I found out too. Good Luck!
Old 08-30-16, 01:40 PM
sanyata
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It worked out to be 17.5% off msrp
Old 08-30-16, 06:42 PM
caseycasem
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So far I'm getting just over 15% off (before TTL). Kinda hate that they have that clear Lexus sticker on all these cars. Cargo net seems useless too. Also wish these cars had darker wood (all seem to have Bamboo/brown seats)
sanyata did you get the 1500 (and the 3500) for financing? I saw that someone in KY did. Any tips on knocking them down?
Old 08-30-16, 07:33 PM
sanyata
Rookie

I got 3500 rebate, 3500 for financing down payment which ended up being with BofA, and 1500 from the dealer. I had the dealer on the phone offer 500 off whatever my best deal was so I asked my local dealer to match it, telling him I'd rather buy local and he agreed.
On another note, I wanted the dark mocha wood too and was told that inventory was running out so soon only bamboo would be available. I was told there was only two Atomic Silvers, Black Interior with Mocha left in the Bay Area. Whether that was true or not I don't know.
Old 08-30-16, 08:36 PM
UKEE
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by caseycasem
So far I'm getting just over 15% off (before TTL). Kinda hate that they have that clear Lexus sticker on all these cars. Cargo net seems useless too. Also wish these cars had darker wood (all seem to have Bamboo/brown seats)
sanyata did you get the 1500 (and the 3500) for financing? I saw that someone in KY did. Any tips on knocking them down?
Where did you see that someone in Kentucky did? I think I'm the only one from Kentucky in this thread and I didn't get the $1,500. Also didn't finance through Lexus Financial (financed at dealer through BofA for 1.9% for 5 years but refinanced through Unify Federal Credit Union at 0.74% for three years with automatic payment).
Old 08-31-16, 12:14 AM
caseycasem
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sanyata
I got 3500 rebate, 3500 for financing down payment which ended up being with BofA, and 1500 from the dealer. I had the dealer on the phone offer 500 off whatever my best deal was so I asked my local dealer to match it, telling him I'd rather buy local and he agreed.
On another note, I wanted the dark mocha wood too and was told that inventory was running out so soon only bamboo would be available. I was told there was only two Atomic Silvers, Black Interior with Mocha left in the Bay Area. Whether that was true or not I don't know.
There's very little other than bamboo left. I'm not sure why they order so many with that. Seems like the least attractive wood. Maybe if they stained it it'd look better.

Originally Posted by UKEE
Where did you see that someone in Kentucky did? I think I'm the only one from Kentucky in this thread and I didn't get the $1,500. Also didn't finance through Lexus Financial (financed at dealer through BofA for 1.9% for 5 years but refinanced through Unify Federal Credit Union at 0.74% for three years with automatic payment).
My mistake. It was someone in FL. All those deals blended together.
Old 08-31-16, 04:04 AM
imrankh24
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

The bamboo is so sexy. Right now I have the bird eye maple but I def would not mind bamboo.
Old 08-31-16, 04:12 AM
Woofysmack
Driver School Candidate

Going to close today. I'll post exact breakdown number later, but ES with luxury package.

MSRP $45,704
OTD- $39,600 including all TTL

the one catch is I have to bring my own financing, they wouldn't do .9 & the incentives. I got low,financing regardless .75 you guys mentioned through western federal credit so feel like I'm getting a solid deal.

Caviar or matador red
cant decide but they are identically optioned

thanks to everyone for their help

I'll post pics tonight.
Old 08-31-16, 05:34 AM
sanyata
Rookie

That's a solid deal! Congratulations....
Old 08-31-16, 06:33 AM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Woofysmack
Going to close today. I'll post exact breakdown number later, but ES with luxury package.

MSRP $45,704
OTD- $39,600 including all TTL

the one catch is I have to bring my own financing, they wouldn't do .9 & the incentives. I got low,financing regardless .75 you guys mentioned through western federal credit so feel like I'm getting a solid deal.

Caviar or matador red
cant decide but they are identically optioned

thanks to everyone for their help

I'll post pics tonight.
Very nice deal - congrats and enjoy!

I think there's some confusion on the part of some posters - I believe the $3500 incentive only applies if you finance outside of Lexus - you will get $1500 and the low rate if you finance with Lexus Finance.
Old 08-31-16, 11:05 AM
caseycasem
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by imrankh24
The bamboo is so sexy. Right now I have the bird eye maple but I def would not mind bamboo.
I like it with the Brown leather, but I'm not sure I can get it with anything but parchment, and not a fan of that.
Old 08-31-16, 11:43 AM
bostonsnow
Advanced

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

What if you finance through the dealer but NOT with the promotional low rate and not using lexus financial (i.e. seems some dealers work through B of A). can one then get the $3500 I assume?

e.g. 1.9% through B of A via the dealer, rather than lexus financial's 0.9%?

Originally Posted by bgaerttner
Very nice deal - congrats and enjoy!

I think there's some confusion on the part of some posters - I believe the $3500 incentive only applies if you finance outside of Lexus - you will get $1500 and the low rate if you finance with Lexus Finance.
Old 08-31-16, 12:00 PM
UKEE
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by bostonsnow
What if you finance through the dealer but NOT with the promotional low rate and not using lexus financial (i.e. seems some dealers work through B of A). can one then get the $3500 I assume?

e.g. 1.9% through B of A via the dealer, rather than lexus financial's 0.9%?
You can finance through anyone else (but Lexus Financial) and get the $3,500 rebate. You can go through the dealer's choice of banks or your own (many here are going through Unify Federal Credit Union (formerly Western Federal Credit Union) for their 3 year - 0.74% rate) and you'll get the $3,500 cash incentive.

I went through the dealer and used BofA initially with a 1.9% rate (5 years). Refinanced a few weeks later at 0.74% rate for 3 years through Unify FCU (Western).
Old 08-31-16, 12:24 PM
bostonsnow
Advanced

with a 3 year loan, that's a slam dunk decision. Looks like people posting have done the math.

How about for a 5 year loan if one wants to stick it out for 5 years. What is better:
1) Take the Lexus promotional rate of 0.9% for 60 months, then get only $1500 dealer cash
2) Take your own financing (B of A for 1.9% for 5 years as you mention, and Unify also lists 1.9% for 5 years) for 60 months, but get the $3500 cash....

I guess edmunds probably has a loan calculator for something like this....

Originally Posted by UKEE
You can finance through anyone else (but Lexus Financial) and get the $3,500 rebate. You can go through the dealer's choice of banks or your own (many here are going through Unify Federal Credit Union (formerly Western Federal Credit Union) for their 3 year - 0.74% rate) and you'll get the $3,500 cash incentive.

I went through the dealer and used BofA initially with a 1.9% rate (5 years). Refinanced a few weeks later at 0.74% rate for 3 years through Unify FCU (Western).
Old 08-31-16, 12:32 PM
bostonsnow
Advanced

Ok, I'll answer my own question . found a calculator:

For a 42,700 loan with no down payment:

0.9% over 60 months, is $728 a month = total paid: $43680

1.9% over 60 months, is $747 a month = total paid: $44820

So it would be better to use one's own financing at 1.9% and take the $3500 rather than the lexus financing deal with $1500 cash

Originally Posted by bostonsnow
with a 3 year loan, that's a slam dunk decision. Looks like people posting have done the math.

How about for a 5 year loan if one wants to stick it out for 5 years. What is better:
1) Take the Lexus promotional rate of 0.9% for 60 months, then get only $1500 dealer cash
2) Take your own financing (B of A for 1.9% for 5 years as you mention, and Unify also lists 1.9% for 5 years) for 60 months, but get the $3500 cash....

I guess edmunds probably has a loan calculator for something like this....

Quick Reply: MSRP Discounts....am I crazy?