ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Headlight sticking out a lot

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-16, 12:07 PM
airgas1998
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

and there it is....I don't think this slips out of the former Japanese plant. I could be wrong, but this is a glaring qa/qc issue if you ask me.
Old 08-16-16, 12:22 PM
imrankh24
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Well I took it to the dealer for this a the rear bumper issue and they said its normal and all the cars are like this some are more noticeable than others
Old 08-16-16, 12:35 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,010 Likes on 691 Posts

Originally Posted by imrankh24
Well I took it to the dealer for this a the rear bumper issue and they said its normal and all the cars are like this some are more noticeable than others
If that is what the dealer told you, that is flat out crap. They are not all that way, and, if there are any others that are that way, they are, I'm confident, quite rare.

Even if you have already had the repair of the headlight issue fixed, if it were my car, I'd still take it to an independent body shop to see if their technicians saw any signs that panels were wither refinished or replaced.
Old 08-16-16, 12:43 PM
imrankh24
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lesz
If that is what the dealer told you, that is flat out crap. They are not all that way, and, if there are any others that are that way, they are, I'm confident, quite rare.

Even if you have already had the repair of the headlight issue fixed, if it were my car, I'd still take it to an independent body shop to see if their technicians saw any signs that panels were wither refinished or replaced.
They said it was so normal they didn't even perform any repairs on the car!
Old 08-16-16, 02:14 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,010 Likes on 691 Posts

I would find the dealer's response to be completely unacceptable. Whether it is the issue with the headlight alignment or the bumper issue that you posted about in another thread, those issues are not normal in any way.

One of two things has to be true. Either quality control at the Kentucky plant is seriously lacking, or your bumpers, both front and rear, took a hit somewhere between the time that the car left the factory and the time when you took possession. As I said earlier, I'd take the car to an independent body shop where a skilled technician could easily spot any indications of repairs or replaced panels at both the front and rear of the car. Having that information would, I think, be useful in guiding you as to what to do next.
Old 08-16-16, 02:16 PM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,231 Likes on 864 Posts

Then it's time to escalate this complaint to the next level. I'm not sure how this is done but I'm sure one of the members can inform you how to do it. This, as Lesz stated, is pure crap and I'll add pure BS. No way this vehicle should have been presented to a customer in this condition. You should let us know which dealer is blowing smoke at you over this issue so it can be avoided in the future.
Old 08-16-16, 02:57 PM
imrankh24
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bc6152
Then it's time to escalate this complaint to the next level. I'm not sure how this is done but I'm sure one of the members can inform you how to do it. This, as Lesz stated, is pure crap and I'll add pure BS. No way this vehicle should have been presented to a customer in this condition. You should let us know which dealer is blowing smoke at you over this issue so it can be avoided in the future.
Lexus of Edison in New Jersey. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. They said to me we had a Lexus rep here and he said both issues are completely normal. And I will also add that they kept my baby there for a week doing nothing but collecting dust.
Old 08-16-16, 02:59 PM
Arty101
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

If this is what Kentucky plant is producing, than they have a long way to go on their QA/QC. Then again, it could have been done in transport or at the dealer, and as Bob said, they're blowing smoke up at you for not taking responsibility of the problem.
Old 08-16-16, 03:00 PM
imrankh24
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Arty101
If this is what Kentucky plant is producing, than they have a long way to go on their QA/QC. Then again, it could have been done in transport or at the dealer, and as Bob said, they're blowing smoke up at you for not taking responsibility of the problem.
My dealer has a lot of cars from Kentucky and only mine has this problem.
Old 08-16-16, 03:15 PM
Arty101
Lexus Champion

So your good close friend the salesman said yours is the only one from the plant with this problem and won't help you?
Old 08-16-16, 03:16 PM
imrankh24
Lexus Test Driver

So your good close friend the salesman said yours is the only one from the plant with this problem and won't help you?
When I went to pick the car he wasn't working that day so I couldn't speak with him
Old 08-16-16, 03:19 PM
Arty101
Lexus Champion

And they had it for a week doing nothing but collecting dust? Go to another dealer.
Old 08-16-16, 03:44 PM
imrankh24
Lexus Test Driver

And they had it for a week doing nothing but collecting dust? Go to another dealer.
YEAP exactly. Will the other dealer do the warranty work?
Old 08-16-16, 03:57 PM
Arty101
Lexus Champion

Yes! Can go to any other dealer.
Old 08-16-16, 04:29 PM
Brent1944
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Any Lexus dealer can do it... Then call Lexus and dont stop calling them.. and tell them ALLEGEDLY a Lexus rep said there was nothing wrong. Take to the best body shop you know of and let them see it....Take pics of it.. Get names of people that told u there was nothing wrong..Take to the Toyota body shop..

Quick Reply: Headlight sticking out a lot