ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

When will the 2017 ES's hit the lots?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-16, 08:01 AM
riknchar
Instructor

Received 227 Likes on 140 Posts

I personally think that the Lexus design team lacks judgment in interior vs exterior colors. Possibly a cultural difference between color coordination in Japan vs America?

I've seen so many horrific color combinations on Lexus vehicles (silver exterior, yellow creamy looking interior, charcoal gray exterior with brown interiors, etc.). The 2008 SC430 Pebble Beach edition is the ultimate in ugly color combinations -- it's charcoal gray on the exterior, with a tacky looking (and completely mis-matching) two-tone interior scheme (a mix of Ecru and Camel that looks like it was assembled using random leftover spare leather parts from the year before).

I had to look hard to find Lexus vehicles with cohesive, coordinating exteriors/interiors. My LS is silver exterior with light gray interior, and my SC430 is Chardonnay Pearl (gold color) exterior with Ecru interior.
Old 05-07-16, 04:57 AM
kellens
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by lesz
Regardless of the complaints that people might have about in-car navigation systems, those in-car navigation systems still remain at or near the top of the list of options that both new and used car buyers want, and that is especially true for a car like a Lexus.

While I'm sure that there is big price mark up for navigation systems, navigation systems are among the options that return the highest percentage of their original cost at trade-in or re-sale time. If you check the used cars on a Lexus lot, you will find that an ES with navigation is likely to move off the lot very quickly, but one without navigation is likely to sit on that lot much longer, and it is also much more likely to sit there until there is a significant reduction in its price. Because used car managers know that an ES with navigation is likely to move off of the lot quickly, that is why they are willing to pay a significant premium for trade-ins with navigation, and, because they know that ones without navigation can well sit on the lot for an extended period of time, that is why what is offered for a trade-in of an ES without navigation is significantly discounted.
All this I agree with. Would personally add that to get Navigation, they add many other options in packages, example in the ES, you get luxury or ultra luxury package which adds a lot more options. And those options are marked up so much new, that when it comes to resale, they move more quickly and at a price that seems a better 'value'.

Usually the next model year is starting to show by September.