ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Buying a ES 350 in two weeks. What should I be paying for one?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-16, 08:29 PM
MasterQeef
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying a ES 350 in two weeks. What should I be paying for one?

Hello ES owners!

So the wife and I have test drove several cars over the last several weeks, and we have finally decided on getting a 2016 Lexus ES 350.

We live near Austin Texas so we will be going to Lexus of Austin to make our purchase. According to their website all of their ES 350's are listed at $46,000+.

What did you all pay for your brand new ES 350? I am interested in your information if it is less than one year.

I do not want to go in and get ripped off by a salesman. At the same time I do not want to go in and sound like some idiot coming way under the average sales price and then they not taking the deal serious.

This is the one we will probably try and get minus the navigation system. http://www.lexusofaustin.com/Vehicle...-TX/2709215253

Thank you all for your input!
Old 02-18-16, 04:36 AM
Brn2fish
Rookie

I believe that it is not unreasonable to pay invoice price on inventory vehicles. At least in my state every dealer who responded to my inquiry offered me that.

Personally I was comfortable to have grand total all included (tax, d&h, etc.) to be equal the MSRP.
Old 02-18-16, 05:12 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 611 Likes on 459 Posts

If you're looking for an ES without nav, it will probably be considerably cheaper than $46k MSRP. Non nav's are usually only made available on the base model.

On a 2016, I would expect to pay between 7 to 10% below MSRP, depending on location and product availability. Check Truecar.com for prices paid in your area.
Old 02-20-16, 08:39 PM
USALV
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mike728
If you're looking for an ES without nav, it will probably be considerably cheaper than $46k MSRP. Non nav's are usually only made available on the base model.

On a 2016, I would expect to pay between 7 to 10% below MSRP, depending on location and product availability. Check Truecar.com for prices paid in your area.

I'm also looking to buy this Model, also. Great tip!!
Old 02-21-16, 05:38 PM
gibsonman
Driver School Candidate

i just paid 39K, asking price was 45K
Old 02-22-16, 04:16 AM
Brn2fish
Rookie

Originally Posted by gibsonman
Excellent! Congratulations on a great deal
Old 02-28-16, 12:49 PM
USALV
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MSRP On 2016 ES 350 they offered me at 45,675 and they took about 2,700 off. And after taxes title and license the finally price was 45,806.81. And this was through the Internet sales person too.
Old 02-29-16, 08:45 AM
bostonsnow
Advanced

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by MasterQeef
Hello ES owners!

So the wife and I have test drove several cars over the last several weeks, and we have finally decided on getting a 2016 Lexus ES 350.

We live near Austin Texas so we will be going to Lexus of Austin to make our purchase. According to their website all of their ES 350's are listed at $46,000+.

What did you all pay for your brand new ES 350? I am interested in your information if it is less than one year.

I do not want to go in and get ripped off by a salesman. At the same time I do not want to go in and sound like some idiot coming way under the average sales price and then they not taking the deal serious.

This is the one we will probably try and get minus the navigation system. http://www.lexusofaustin.com/Vehicle...-TX/2709215253

I am currently looking too. Keep in mind that it is getting late in the 2016 model year, so discounts should become somewhat better as the spring moves on. It seems that one should be able to get at least 5% off the MSRP, maybe as much as 10% off. (or, paying around invoice is decent)
Old 02-29-16, 11:26 PM
SLH
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you have already decided that you will buy -- you have already discarded your bargaining power.
If you want a good price, you need to be willing to walk away from a bad deal. Decide what you want, and how much you want to pay, and make an offer. Then listen to what they have to say, and be prepared to walk away.

Having said that, you should also factor in a reasonable rate for your time to do the shopping. Finding a seller who is willing to sell for $100 less, is not worth ten hours of your time.
Old 05-30-16, 06:18 PM
prosgal73
Pit Crew

In the same boat now...big decision to purchase but want to drive this one for quite awhile. Just curious as to what you paid
. Did you find one without navigation. Hard to find one around here

Originally Posted by MasterQeef
Hello ES owners!

Old 05-31-16, 10:58 AM
krnboy817
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i always think when buying a lux 4 door sedan its best to purchase pre owned due to the deep depreciation in the vehicles. plus longer warranty doesnt hurt either. if you like the more sedated look of '13 than the new '16... you can pick up a CPO for $29k @ 2.3% like i have with 23k miles as lease return.

2013 ES 350 all of the options except for:
- pano roof
- lane keep assist
- heated steering wheel
- ML sound system
- adaptive cruise control

(which are all the options that i can careless for or did not want when tried out on a '16)

people try so hard to save $1 - $2k on the price upfront but yet dont consider the $10 - $20k depreciation with paying interest on the depreciation on the back end as soon as they drive out from the dealership. guess to some only thing that matters is what they see...

IMHO the '13 - '15 have more matured look and drive exactly the same as the '16 do but i saved over $20k before interest with longer warranty if you compared it to a equally optioned '16. i know many people need to have the latest and the greatest but if youre trying and need to save $1 - $2 off MSRP... youre looking at a wrong car.
Old 05-31-16, 11:06 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,499 Likes on 1,802 Posts

The decision to buy used vs new has nothing to do with the desire to negotiate as good a deal as is possible on whatever you buy, a new one or a used one.

I understand the savings, but I don't want a used car I want a new car.
Old 05-31-16, 11:39 AM
krnboy817
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

well from the sounds of the original post, it seemed that OP was trying to get the "best" deal on an ES 350. everyone has their definition of a "best" deal but usually for the majority of the consumers, its when value of the good over comes the selling price (MSRP). so if you really want the best deal, its the one with most savings and most bang for the buck. if you want a new car and that's where your value lies... then is it wrong to pay the asking price on the website? its a legitimate price that the dealership is rightfully asking which can be compared in few minutes online with another dealership with similar or same car on their lot to decide. whether the price is high or low, if it meets someone's need then it will be the best deal for that someone.

the problem with the consumers when buying, especially a car is that they cannot define a "best deal". of course the very best would be getting it free, but in reality its trying to get the best bang for the buck where the OP is even willing to give up on a NAV option to save a buck or two (figuratively speaking).

truely, i cannot see a $50 K car down the road without even a NAV as an option on the car. Most likely the OP will trade it in at some point and will wish that it had a nav then. but im sure at this point OP is thinking or considering that he/she will keep the car forever... without considering the "what if" down the road for him/her or considering their history on buying habbit(s).

since the OP has a car in mind already, IMO the best deal would be getting the car at the price point OP legitimately expected it to be and getting the dealership to sell it closest to it as possible.
Old 05-31-16, 01:47 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,499 Likes on 1,802 Posts

It's pretty clear that the OP is looking for feedback on how much they should be looking to negotiate off of MSRP. Not sure how an essay on "value" helps him.
Old 05-31-16, 06:21 PM
prosgal73
Pit Crew

Are you in so cal? What dealership?

Quick Reply: Buying a ES 350 in two weeks. What should I be paying for one?