ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

300H Repair/Service manual

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-16, 04:14 AM
dwhartwell
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 300H Repair/Service manual

Looking for a repair/service manual for my 2013 300H. Found this on the web.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...9SIA8G132Y3962

Any comments or better suggestions.

thanks
Old 02-06-16, 06:04 AM
SLH
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Official Lexus technical information is available at https://techinfo.toyota.com . That site has literally every document, including assembly, diagnostic and repair procedures, and wiring diagrams, for your entire vehicle. A short-term subscription is available for reasonable cost, and you can download/save documents and diagrams.

If you want the official Lexus documents, you can get them. Check your calendar, and theirs (TIS gives advance notice when they are going to be down for maintenance), pick a day, subscribe to a short-term access to TIS, and spend a few hours downloading and saving the documents you want.

The description on the newegg site reads like a generic auto-repair manual. It could be as comprehensive as TIS, but I rather doubt it. (It could even be a licensed copy of TIS, but I seriously doubt it.) I suspect it is more like the Chilton, Haynes, or Alldata products ... general information about how much oil to put in, and how to change brake pads, but nothing deep about the particular model...

The good news is, Lexus cars generally don't need much repair.... The bad news is, when they do, you almost always need the actual TIS documents (and the TechStream software)....
Old 02-06-16, 06:13 AM
dwhartwell
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SLH
Official Lexus technical information is available at https://techinfo.toyota.com . That site has literally every document, including assembly, diagnostic and repair procedures, and wiring diagrams, for your entire vehicle. A short-term subscription is available for reasonable cost, and you can download/save documents and diagrams.

If you want the official Lexus documents, you can get them. Check your calendar, and theirs (TIS gives advance notice when they are going to be down for maintenance), pick a day, subscribe to a short-term access to TIS, and spend a few hours downloading and saving the documents you want.

The description on the newegg site reads like a generic auto-repair manual. It could be as comprehensive as TIS, but I rather doubt it. (It could even be a licensed copy of TIS, but I seriously doubt it.) I suspect it is more like the Chilton, Haynes, or Alldata products ... general information about how much oil to put in, and how to change brake pads, but nothing deep about the particular model...

The good news is, Lexus cars generally don't need much repair.... The bad news is, when they do, you almost always need the actual TIS documents (and the TechStream software)....
Thank you very much. Exactly what I was looking for
Old 02-10-16, 04:35 PM
gjarboe1
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Wow! Great Info. Incredible price for access to high quality data..

Thanks