comparison- leather seats VS PREMIUM leather seats

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-16, 03:44 PM
comfyride
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default comparison- leather seats VS PREMIUM leather seats

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your replies with my other thread. So happy to see people sharing ideas and advice.

I am considering a 2016 ES 350. My next decision is which package. I'm from Canada and here the mid-level package is Touring Package, and highest package is Executive Package.

For now, let's just assume i'm only comparing leather seat materials between both packages. Also, seat comfort is very important to me.

The touring package offers 'leather seats' which I assume is Nuluxe stuff..while Executive Package offers PREMIUM leather seats.

Does anyone know if the PREMIUM leather seats is much comfier, and subtle than the base 'leather seats'?

Thank you
Old 01-30-16, 04:35 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 691 Likes on 508 Posts

The NuLuxe is the name Lexus uses for its vinyl seat coverings. We have it on our ES and it seems to be fine. I can't say my backside can honestly tell a difference between it and the leather in my RX in terms of comfort or feel. I am hoping as the years pass that the stretch marks won't show up as they can in leather. Otherwise, the material seems to have the same benefits as leather without the cost or maintenance. Time will tell how it compares but so far I have no complaints. Much nicer than the vinyl we know from cars of the past.
Old 01-30-16, 05:18 PM
gregjhonda
Pit Crew

Received 46 Likes on 29 Posts

I like the Nuluxe in my ES-350 (2015) better than the premium aniline leather in my 2015 RX. Nuluxe is softer and keeps its shape better. Comfort is pretty much identical. Nuluxe is not junk! It's a premium seating material IMHO!
Old 01-30-16, 05:40 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,499 Likes on 1,802 Posts

If they are calling them "leather" they aren't nuluxe. The ES has three seat material options:

Nu Luxe
Leather
Semi-Aniline Leather

If the comparison is between the latter two, the semi-aniline leather is considerably better, and that seat should come with a power cushion extender which IMHO improves seat comfort considerably.

If its the base "leather" I actually think the NuLuxe feels nicer.
Old 01-31-16, 12:18 PM
kellens
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I'd take Semi-Aniline over regular leather or NuLuxe. It's a large upgrade and worth the expense. In ES you have to get ULTRA-lux versions to get it. Hard to find.

I'd put NuLuxe (Vinyl) and regular leather on same level....each better for different reasons to me. Mercedes, BMW, Lexus, they've all perfected vinyl to feel and look 'like' leather with durability and lower cost, they each call it something besides vinyl to confuse some customers. If you live where it's very hot, I'd give the nudge to the regular leather though for comfort.

Last edited by kellens; 01-31-16 at 12:24 PM.
Old 02-01-16, 08:06 PM
mspearl95
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by comfyride
Hi everyone,

Thanks for your replies with my other thread. So happy to see people sharing ideas and advice.

I am considering a 2016 ES 350. My next decision is which package. I'm from Canada and here the mid-level package is Touring Package, and highest package is Executive Package.

For now, let's just assume i'm only comparing leather seat materials between both packages. Also, seat comfort is very important to me.

The touring package offers 'leather seats' which I assume is Nuluxe stuff..while Executive Package offers PREMIUM leather seats.

Does anyone know if the PREMIUM leather seats is much comfier, and subtle than the base 'leather seats'?

Thank you
i have semi- aniline leather, and one thing i've really noticed when driving loaners is that both the nuluxe and regular leather feel way stickier than the seats in my car. it actually feels more difficult to slide in and out of the seat. And(from what i've seen) the blue jean staining is quite significant on the nuluxe, whereas my seats really don't pick it up. As far as comfort level goes, i have never noticed a difference in how the seat itself felt, although like SW15LS said, the seat extender is a vast improvement over not having it. It'd definitely be a requirement on any future car that I purchase.