ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Cell Phone Holder / Mount Suggestions (MERGED MASTER FAQ THREAD)

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-15, 10:42 AM
1NEAT_SC
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jiawa, it was actually the only place that made since to me. It's never came off since I mounted it there. I can see all my instruments while driving and am able to check my stocks without glancing too far from the road while driving. (I don't text while driving, but I can read them for later reply)

Good luck in finding one that fits your needs. There's a bunch out there...(-:

Larry
Old 12-21-15, 11:55 AM
Jiawa
Driver School Candidate

Thanks Larry!

Ordered one.

For those who might be interested, I ordered one from here.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...e_touch_2.html

It comes with a USB car charger which I really don't need. But it's a little cheaper than buying the mount alone.
Old 12-21-15, 09:35 PM
Arty101
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Be careful of the sticky gel pad. It can ruin the soft dash material if left on the dash and under a hot sun.
Old 03-30-16, 07:24 PM
ipaniwala
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 1NEAT_SC
I have this one mounted on my 2015 ES300h for about 6 months. It works out real well.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/att...one-holder.jpg

Larry
You just made my day!
I already have this mount and looking at that picture its perfect to mount my phone.
Old 03-31-16, 06:44 AM
1NEAT_SC
Pole Position

There still seems to be an interest where to place a cell phone holder. I now have had mine for about a year and still like where it's mounted. Here's a view from the driver's position with the cell phone in the holder.

I hope this helps with your decision.

Larry
Attached Thumbnails Cell Phone Holder /  Mount Suggestions (MERGED MASTER FAQ THREAD)-cell-phone-mount.jpg  
Old 03-31-16, 06:59 PM
chromedome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

1NEAT_SC, what's the brand and model for your phone holder? Any issues with it shaking on bumpy roads? It looks like it uses a suction cup attached to the black plastic part of the Nav screen.

My vent holder doesn't fit my new phone and a CD-slot holder I just bought isn't too stable. I'd rather not use my pickup RAM windshield mount because it puts the phone too far away, although it's the most stable mount I've ever used. The search continues...
Old 04-01-16, 09:25 AM
1NEAT_SC
Pole Position

Chromedome, I got this one off of Amazon for 24.95: "iOttie Easy One Touch 2 Car Mount Holder for iPhone 6 (4.7)/ Plus (5.5)/ 5s/ 5c/, Samsung Galaxy S6/S6 Edge/ S5/S4/ S3/ Note 4/3, Google Nexus 5/4, LG" Sounds like you've tried a few. I think you would be pleased with this one. I don't sell them or promote them other than it works for me. If there is any shaking from bumpy roads, I sure haven't noticed. I have mine mounted to the upper left hand side as you can see... (Just noticed it's 12.99 now)

Good luck,

Larry

Last edited by 1NEAT_SC; 04-01-16 at 09:32 AM. Reason: cost had changed
Old 04-29-16, 05:32 PM
BlackAdam
Driver School Candidate

Default Large phone. Where to put it?

I'm new to this forum and I just purchased a '13 ES350 yesterday, of which I am very happy with.

I ran into the problem of, where to store my phone while is charging. The phone is a rather large LG V10. The phone didn't fit in the cup holders and slips around on the piano black portion of the console. So I bought this on Amazon:

Macally MCUPMP Adjustable Automobile Cup Holder

It's holding an old Moto X just for display purposes, but, my LG V10 fits perfectly. Just thought I would share since you guys are so helpful on this forum.
Old 04-29-16, 06:23 PM
fpb1980
Rookie

Thank you. I have an iphone 6 plus and was looking for something like this.
Old 05-02-16, 10:40 AM
jollick
Racer

Received 174 Likes on 152 Posts

Nice, thanks for sharing.
Old 05-03-16, 06:13 PM
mrBillFL
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm using this IClever windshield mount on left side of wheel. its the best windshield mount I've found.

http://www.rakuten.com/prod/iclever-...FVhbhgodKMQPpw
Attached Thumbnails Cell Phone Holder /  Mount Suggestions (MERGED MASTER FAQ THREAD)-20160409_200036.jpg  
Old 05-07-16, 07:17 PM
azipod
Lead Lap

Received 119 Likes on 92 Posts

We already have a built in phone holder.<br/>This is how I do it with an iPhone 6 Plus.<br/>No need to buy anything more.
Old 05-08-16, 12:06 AM
chromedome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Yeah but you can't charge it there I used to do that but it's not a good spot because most phones have a charge port at the bottom.

I switched to a CD slot mount but I'm not happy with it because it still wobbles. What's the most solid mount you've used on the ES?
Old 05-08-16, 09:33 AM
azipod
Lead Lap

Received 119 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by chromedome
Yeah but you can't charge it there I used to do that but it's not a good spot because most phones have a charge port at the bottom.

I switched to a CD slot mount but I'm not happy with it because it still wobbles. What's the most solid mount you've used on the ES?
I just put the phone upside down if I need to charge it.
Old 05-08-16, 07:09 PM
BlackAdam
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by chromedome

After a week of using the one that I posted, I would say that it is very solid. I do wish that I didn't have to use the cup holder, but, it works.

Quick Reply: Cell Phone Holder / Mount Suggestions (MERGED MASTER FAQ THREAD)