ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

2016 es 350

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-15, 04:13 PM
MDames2
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

He didn't say the inside was 10 times quieter. He said it was 10 times better. To be sure this is hyperbole. But he obviously feels the inside is much better. From the pictures above, I agree. It does look much better. But maybe only 8 times better!
Old 08-17-15, 04:36 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by lesz
I'm sorry, but posts and, for that matter, threads like this make it difficult for you to maintain credibility.

First, I find it hard to understand how the 2016 ES could be "more spacious" because, unless I'm mistaken, the interior dimensions of the 2016 are the same as those for the 2013-2015 ES.

Then, if you had said that the 2016 ES was "somewhat quieter" or that it was "a bit quieter", that would be believable. Saying that it is "ten times" quieter" is, I would guess, at best, a gross exaggeration.

Also, I question the appropriateness of you even starting this thread. It comes across to me as an ethically questionable and blatant attempt on your part to sell some cars.

The last thing that this board needs is to have it cluttered with threads started by dealers or sales people that are nothing more than attempts to get people to come to them to buy their cars.
Woah....calm down...besides you, I don't think anyone took that post as a way to sell cars. In reference to being "more spacious," they might have felt the improvements made to the interior gave an impression of more space even though dimensions are the same. You also should have reread the post before responding so negatively. They didn't mention anything about quietness, yet you jumped on them about it. Stay civilized and respectful to each other.

I appreciate OP starting this thread because it allows us to see that the 2016s have hit dealers, and what they look like outside showrooms and press pics.
Old 08-17-15, 07:05 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

We got a few 16's at our dealership today but we aren't allowed to sell yet.
Got a chance to see up close and personal.
Gone is the beige carpet. Hated it. No car should have a beige carpet.
I hated the chrome surrounds of the fogs in the pictures but up close it looks nice.
I thought the grill was overpowering in pics but it didn't seem so in person.
Overall I was pleased with the car. Its a sportier-looking car for sure. The chrome surrounds on the tailpipes. The L shapes on the tail lights, all give a sportier look to go with the front.

Still has the ES350 look and feel but its no longer a grandma car.
Old 08-17-15, 08:55 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,519 Likes on 1,817 Posts

I would buy this refreshed car, where I decided not to buy a 2013 ES. Overall I think its a big upgrade for Lexus.
Old 08-18-15, 05:04 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,010 Likes on 691 Posts

Originally Posted by dchar
Woah....calm down...besides you, I don't think anyone took that post as a way to sell cars. In reference to being "more spacious," they might have felt the improvements made to the interior gave an impression of more space even though dimensions are the same. You also should have reread the post before responding so negatively. They didn't mention anything about quietness, yet you jumped on them about it. Stay civilized and respectful to each other.

I appreciate OP starting this thread because it allows us to see that the 2016s have hit dealers, and what they look like outside showrooms and press pics.
You are right. I misread, and he did say that the "cabin is 10 times better". So, that is my mistake.

Still, while my words were harsher than what I should have chosen. I do have an issue with dealers or sales personnel starting threads that tout the virtues of the vehicles that they are hoping to sell, and it is still difficult to me to understand how the 2016 could be "more spacious" with the same dimensions as the cabins of the 2013-2015 ES.

Last edited by lesz; 08-18-15 at 05:13 AM.
Old 08-18-15, 08:39 AM
lamikela1
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I am inclined to take a look at the '16's as well. Mainly because of the availability of options that could only be had with the Ultra Lux package and the need to special order. I am interested in seeing if the dealers will actually have any available in stock with the new safety package.
Old 08-18-15, 09:05 AM
Riles
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just don't see many differences between the 2015 and 2016 interior. Certainly not a whole lot different. I spend a couple hours per day in my ES300h and when I look at the 2016 interior, it looks like I'm looking at a picture of my interior.

As for the front bumper, yikes.
Old 08-18-15, 09:09 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by lamikela1
I am inclined to take a look at the '16's as well. Mainly because of the availability of options that could only be had with the Ultra Lux package and the need to special order. I am interested in seeing if the dealers will actually have any available in stock with the new safety package.
Since the safety package is only $500, I would think dealers would equip almost all their cars with this package. At that price, it's a steal...I bet most buyers would go for it.
Old 08-18-15, 11:04 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Riles
I just don't see many differences between the 2015 and 2016 interior. Certainly not a whole lot different. I spend a couple hours per day in my ES300h and when I look at the 2016 interior, it looks like I'm looking at a picture of my interior.
New colors, new materials on the console and doors, new trims, new seat designs, new steering wheel, new gauge cluster, new navigation system. Not nothing.
Old 08-18-15, 11:25 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,010 Likes on 691 Posts

Originally Posted by dchar
Since the safety package is only $500, I would think dealers would equip almost all their cars with this package. At that price, it's a steal...I bet most buyers would go for it.
The "Build Your Lexus" page on the Lexus website is usually a very good indication of what combinations of packages and options are currently being built. As of the last time that I checked about a week ago, you could not build a 2016 ES that combines either the Luxury Package or the Ultra Luxury Package with the Safety Package. Thus, it could be the case that, from the early shipments of the 2016 ES, vehicles with the Safety Package may be hard to find. When auto manufacturers do a redesign of a model or when they do a major mid-cycle refresh, it is not uncommon for them, in the early production runs, to build vehicles without a full array of optional equipment.
Old 08-18-15, 11:42 AM
Lex222
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SW15LS
New colors, new materials on the console and doors, new trims, new seat designs, new steering wheel, new gauge cluster, new navigation system. Not nothing.
What's new about the navigation system?

I admit to being torn about getting a 2015 or a 2016. I suppose it depends on the deals available on the 2015s.
Old 08-18-15, 11:46 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Lex222
What's new about the navigation system?.
Its an entirely new generation system.

I wouldn't get a 2015 at this point, the 2016 is a worthwhile upgrade. Deals will come on the refresh too, might just have to wait a few months.
Old 08-18-15, 12:56 PM
JSean21
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lesz
You are right. I misread, and he did say that the "cabin is 10 times better". So, that is my mistake.

Still, while my words were harsher than what I should have chosen. I do have an issue with dealers or sales personnel starting threads that tout the virtues of the vehicles that they are hoping to sell, and it is still difficult to me to understand how the 2016 could be "more spacious" with the same dimensions as the cabins of the 2013-2015 ES.
I'm in service not in sales, so I posted the picture so everyone could see the new ES up close. The interior specs are exactly the same as the previous year models. When I said its more spacious I should of said that it feels more spacious due to the plush and luxurious feel of the re-designed cabin. Its got a premium feel to it like a Lexus should have.
Old 08-18-15, 01:42 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by JSean21
I'm in service not in sales, so I posted the picture so everyone could see the new ES up close. The interior specs are exactly the same as the previous year models. When I said its more spacious I should of said that it feels more spacious due to the plush and luxurious feel of the re-designed cabin. Its got a premium feel to it like a Lexus should have.
That's what I figured you meant. Thanks for the pics and info on the refreshed model.
Old 08-18-15, 03:33 PM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,234 Likes on 866 Posts

The interior of the '16 really looks nice. Much nicer than my '13 IMO. As far as the rest of the car it's just about the same except for some minor positive styling changes. The offer of the safety package for $500.00 is a big plus.
All in all, if I wanted a new Lexus this would be the one. Mine is 3 years old next month with very low mileage and is a 10/10 so I'll just hold on for a while.

Quick Reply: 2016 es 350