ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Very close to a deal

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-15, 05:55 AM
BB11
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Very close to a deal

Yesterday I spent much time emailing the manager at the local dealership working on pricing on an in stock ES350. I have compromised a bit by giving up on Per collision and lane departure (lane departure being the one that I really wanted). but cross traffic and blindspot (and parking assist) are on the vehicle that I am interested in. We also have included other options that would be installed by the dealer that are important to me. We have gotten very close to a price, still a tad off from what I wanted but not but not by much and I am going in to drive the car today for an hour or so to see if it is as quiet as I remember it being and as comfortable. I have found one thing, each car drives, sounds and behaves a bit differently from the next, so ordering a '16 is not really something I want to do and I don't really want to wait the 3+ month. So maybe today will be the day, time will tell. Also, I am not sure how I feel about the redesign and without driving one who knows how it will change the car (even though it seems like a minor refresh)... So wish me luck
Old 07-23-15, 06:06 AM
Freds430
Pole Position

Received 1,056 Likes on 692 Posts

I just came over to Lexus from 25 years of Acura's. My wife is on her second Lexus. I test drove a Acura RLX with collision mitigation and lane departure. I would not have bought an advance model which has both features. The blind spot monitoring, rear cross traffic alert and parking sensors is another story. I would after having these features for just a month would never not have them.

Good luck with your purchase. Remember when it gets down to the very close deal they are very easily persuaded to throw in or at least heavily discount a rear spoiler, front end protection shield etc.
Old 07-23-15, 06:19 AM
BB11
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I already have the paint protection in the deal as well as the wax environmental protection to protect against bird droppings and other things that these water based paints are susceptible to. The spoiler, not sure I like the look... thanks for your feedback. I have been driving with pre collision and lane departure since 2013 and have no problem with them, the pre collision worked once for me as I was not paying proper attention, the lane departure never really does much more than make me aware that I am close to the line, but never really in danger of hitting another car. Let's hope it stays that way, the blindspot is good, what I really like is the crosstraffic monitor feature, that has been new on my 2015 car that I am trading (getting a good deal as the dealer I bought it from will buy this from the dealer I am buying the new car from).

Thanks