ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Phone mirror, bypass parking brake and motion restrictions?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-15, 02:25 PM
rx11fan
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Phone mirror, bypass parking brake and motion restrictions?

I really love the AV jack on my 2015 ES300H and I was able to get my phone on to the display audio device (non-nav). It sucks that I have to put the parking brake on and car should not be in motion as it would be nice to use Google Maps. Did anyone install a device that can bypass these parkbrake/speed/motion restrictions? I see some for other makes/models but didn't find anything for the '15 ES300? Thanks!
Old 07-15-15, 04:07 PM
xclream
Rookie

I own a 15 base model.

Local shop here did it for me, I am not sure how they did it, but he did mention using some sort of decoding unit.
Old 07-16-15, 02:14 AM
wowzer
Pit Crew

What phone r u using?
It wiuld be great to display my iphone onto the screen...
Old 07-16-15, 07:25 AM
rx11fan
Rookie

wowzer, I connected my iphone 6. iphone 6 ->apple Lightning to digital AV cable ->HDMI cable->Mini HDMI2AV converter box->RCA to AV camcorder cable to the Lexus AV port next to the USB ports. Put the parking brake on and your iphone will be mirrored on teh screen.

xclream,

Any idea on what device they used? I contacted prestigious society but they say teh ES comes with two different radio's and they want me to buy both and return one based on the radio model info which is on the back of the head unit. How much did your shop charge?
Old 07-17-15, 05:36 PM
chromedome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

I've got some old Symbian Nokias lying around, they can output an RCA video signal directly through the headphone jack. I'll see if that works with the AV input. Xclream, did you put an HDMI-analog converter box to get your phone's video out over an MHL cable?
Old 07-21-15, 07:59 PM
rx11fan
Rookie

Awesome. I got this working. I worked with Prestigious society and looking at the code below the volume button, it was obvious this is a base radio (and Lexus seems to only have two systems non-nav and nav radio unit). Though, they were planning to ship me both TNV-815 and LTNV-815, they ended figuring out that TNV-815 will work.

First, make sure you get AV working. iphone6->apple lightning to digital cable->hdmi cable to HDMI2AV device->camcorder cable to the AV port on the car. Press the parking brake and you should be able to get the iphone mirrored on the display. However, if you release parking brake, the video will vanish.

Check this video for instructions on how to remove the radio unit. It is very easy. Ignore the first half which deals with the screen/display which we don't need to touch for adding the bypass module which only goes behind the radio unit.
Just pull the wood trim, then pull the plastic trim with the AC vents, disconnect the clock cable, then remove the bottom trim below the radio. Thne remove the four 10mm screws and then slowly pull the radio unit out.

The TNV-815 unit comes with two plugs, the smaller (24pin) plug wouldn't fit and after going back and forth with Mark of PS, I had to just not use it. So only one connector needs plugged in (28-pin). There is a ground connector that needs connected to the metal bracket on the side of the radio. Then use the double sided tape to glue the tiny plastic module to the bottom of the radio unit. That's it. You can get the iphone mirrored and as provided in the documentation, hit the steering volume button sequence and the display will resume even after the vehicle is in motion.

You can email the company at sales@prestigioussociety.com or pm me for any help with the radio unit removal. The product instructions tell you to remove the instrument cluster trim but it's not necessary. Only remove the screws and pull the piece above the start/stop button so you can get your fingers under the ac-vents trim piece easily. The wood trim pops right out, but the ac vent trim is a little tight.

The model number is right on the front of the radio under the volume button and mine is 100465. Also here is the picture of the back of my radio unit. Only plug you use with their module is the 4th one from left on the top row.