ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Premium vs.Luxury pkg

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-15, 12:14 PM
BB11
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Premium vs.Luxury pkg

Other than the options, is there a difference in the insulation of the car, anything else, the type of leather used on the seats?

My salesman did not know, yea, I am moving on from him, but calling lexus does not get me much more information.

I know the windows will not be double or Acoustic but the Luxury model I drove was ultra quiet, want to make sure a premium would be just as quiet.

Any help, info appreciated.

The way I want to build the car I really don't need the Luxury group, but it is not the group itself it is the add ons that should just be part of the groups since you have to have them, like the high density headlight, the Back shade (I think cross traffic alert comes standard but it is not marked but it is x'd out as an option on line when the lux group is selected).

Thanks

BB
Old 04-04-15, 12:30 PM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 611 Likes on 459 Posts

Everything you're asking, seems to be shown in this LINK if you look around.
Old 04-04-15, 12:32 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,010 Likes on 691 Posts

I don't believe that there is any difference with regard to insulation between the premium package and the luxury package, but the premium package comes with the NuLuxe seats, and the luxury package comes with leather seats.

Things like the high density headlights and rear sunshade are not standard on either the premium package or the luxury package, but they are options.

Understand that, when you go to the Lexus site and, then, to the "build your Lexus" page, the combinations of options and packages available only reflect what vehicles are currently being built on the Lexus production lines and that are currently being shipped to dealers. Other combinations may well have been built earlier in the model year, and some of those vehicles are likely still to be in dealer inventories. And, a couple of months from now, other combinations could well be available. For example, currently, the Lexus site will not let you build an ES350 with the navigation package and the luxury package, but there are people who post here who have 2015 ES vehicles built earlier in the model year that do have the luxury package and the navigation package.
Old 04-04-15, 12:36 PM
BB11
Intermediate

Thanks Mike, I just got done looking at a build and I realized to get leather seats I need to move up to the Luxury group, but it gives me parking assist which seems like a decent option included even thought it is not spelled out. I thought the premium group gave leather seats but it seems not so this moves me up to the luxury group. The UL group seems to use a nicer leather but includes the Panorama glass roof which I just don't feel a need to have. Thanks again
Old 04-04-15, 12:38 PM
BB11
Intermediate

Originally Posted by lesz
I don't believe that there is any difference with regard to insulation between the premium package and the luxury package, but the premium package comes with the NuLuxe seats, and the luxury package comes with leather seats.

Things like the high density headlights and rear sunshade are not standard on either the premium package or the luxury package, but they are options.

Understand that, when you go to the Lexus site and, then, to the "build your Lexus" page, the combinations of options and packages available only reflect what vehicles are currently being built on the Lexus production lines and that are currently being shipped to dealers. Other combinations may well have been built earlier in the model year, and some of those vehicles are likely still to be in dealer inventories. And, a couple of months from now, other combinations could well be available. For example, currently, the Lexus site will not let you build an ES350 with the navigation package and the luxury package, but there are people who post here who have 2015 ES vehicles built earlier in the model year that do have the luxury package and the navigation package.
Thanks Lesz, I didn't know that, good to understand as the site is somewhat confusing. It will also not allow me to add pre-collision or lane departure but I know they can be had.