ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

2015 Luxury vs ultra

Old 03-23-15, 01:46 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Riverpilot
I don't mind the costs associated for the sirius and the remote start, etc... For me, it's a small price for convenience and enjoyment.

One thing I didn't even realize, the 2015s are now built in Kentucky? Does that mean ALL the 2015 model year ES were built their, or does that mean only the cars beginning in January 2015 are being built in Kentucky and all the previous 2015 were built in Japan?

I'm always a little leery about any changes on a first model year.
Negative on the Kentucky build for the ES. That hasn't begun yet. 2015's still built in Japan.
Old 03-23-15, 01:48 PM
Riverpilot
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LexBob2
Negative on the Kentucky build for the ES. That hasn't begun yet. 2015's still built in Japan.

Ok thanks. I think it's wonderful they're going to be built in Kentucky! Please, nobody get me wrong. I'm just one of those types who is always leery about a new model year. Hope that makes sense?
Old 03-23-15, 01:50 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Ok thanks. I think it's wonderful they're going to be built in Kentucky! Please, nobody get me wrong. I'm just one of those types who is always leery about a new model year. Hope that makes sense?
Makes perfect sense. The ES will be built alongside the Avalon so hopefully it's better scenario than a new start up facility and the quality will be there..
Old 03-23-15, 05:35 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 690 Likes on 507 Posts

Just to clarify one discussion item, we have Nav and no ML, and we do have the Enform remote option. So I think it must be be an option with the Nav. I can also confirm the pricing that someone else posted here as Lexus quoted me the same numbers when I activated the Enform Remote software. I don't know yet if I think it is worth it or not. It is an interesting option, and works as advertised, I'm just not sure if I really need it.
Old 04-23-15, 02:48 PM
Riverpilot
Driver School Candidate

Me again.

Just curious, something I forgot to ask the Lexus dealer. If the car does not come with the res+ equipped from the factory, is the dealer able to install it? Or, perhaps a 3rd party to install it?

Thanks
Old 04-25-15, 06:31 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 690 Likes on 507 Posts

I wish I could answer your question but all I can do is speculate. I would doubt it is a dealer added option. It requires a cellular connection from the car (Toyota/Lexus version of on-star). I would suspect that means the electronics in the car has to be equipped to handle that communications and I would doubt it could simply be added. Again, I am just speculating and unless someone else here has any experience to draw from, you are probably going to have to go back to your dealer with that question.
Old 04-25-15, 07:05 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 608 Likes on 458 Posts

Me again.

Just curious, something I forgot to ask the Lexus dealer. If the car does not come with the res+ equipped from the factory, is the dealer able to install it? Or, perhaps a 3rd party to install it?

Thanks
Pretty sure the starter is standard equipment on an ES with navigation in 2015. Their website currently shows the nav only available with the ML audio system. We all know that's not true. Without nav, your only option would be aftermarket.
Old 04-25-15, 02:14 PM
Lex2015
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Ward6096
Just to clarify one discussion item, we have Nav and no ML, and we do have the Enform remote option. So I think it must be be an option with the Nav. I can also confirm the pricing that someone else posted here as Lexus quoted me the same numbers when I activated the Enform Remote software. I don't know yet if I think it is worth it or not. It is an interesting option, and works as advertised, I'm just not sure if I really need it.
I have the Nav package and I got one year's free subscription for Lexus Enform Safety Connect, Lexus Enform Remote and Lexus Enform Destinations service. I'm not sure I'll pay when it comes due next year, but at least I get to try it out.

Regarding the OP, I was able to get the options I wanted through the dealer. Like others have mentioned, the website was misleading in the combinations available.

As was also mentioned earlier, it depends on your region and possibly even your dealer.

Good hunting!
Old 05-25-15, 09:14 AM
Johnny
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Lujacks. I'd just go in and ask, but I really dislike dealing with sales people. They've got a tough job, I get that... but.. lol

I happened to run across edmunds web site, which seems to be able to configure it in quite a few different scenarios than the lexus web site.

I would really rather not get the glass (?) roof. However, for those who do have that option, is it heavily tinted? As in, on a 90 degree day I won't be blasted by sun?

The remote start is a must for me at this point. Dealing with these last few winters, and summers.. whew!

Again, thank you all for the comments.
You have to ignore the bravado and pushiness from sales staff. Take the lead, be assertive and find another staffer if you don't like the idiot that accosted you, going even to the point of seeking another dealership. You are the paying customer, and the salesman must kowtow to you. I have abosolutely no patience for fake and agressive attitudes and will rudely walk right past anyone who displays it. By the way, I'm a retired engineer/salesman.
Old 05-25-15, 09:40 AM
mspearl95
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 88 Posts

regarding the glass roof- one negative for me is the tendency of the sunroof to rattle/make noise(while in the 'up' position) when going over bumps. I've had a lexus tech(dealer) go through it, and while they did find a loose component, and tightened everything to specs, it didn't entirely fix the problem.
Old 05-25-15, 11:26 AM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,230 Likes on 863 Posts

Me again.

Thanks
Since I have a 2013, the RES+ cannot be installed. I found a dealer here in PA that can install an aftermarket - Audiovox - that works exactly like the factory remote start, no smartphone access, but I wouldn't want to pay a yearly fee anyway. Uses the Lexus key fob with 3 pushes to start. One big plus is that the range is much better than the Lexus factory remote start range.
Cost: $275.00 installed...