ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Alignment Adjustments... Lowered

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-15, 09:31 AM
Niscur32
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alignment Adjustments... Lowered

I installed the h&r 12+ Camry springs on our es this past weekend. Took it for an spin and it pulled to the right. No problem setup and appointment for the wife to bring in to dealer for an alignment. She gets it done and I don't drive it until today. Still pulls to the right. Sigh call dealer get the run around....you lowered it what do you expect....we put it back to factory specs so I know its right..tires cause pulling blah blah blah......I asked what they fixed...before and after camber/toe/caster.....service guy says we only adjust toe because if camber/caster is out you have suspension problems and only toe is adjustable...they wouldn't tell me on the phone what the before/after was and my wife didn't get a print out...

This is not my first rodeo lowering any car but my first Lexus...is this correct? I noticed the struts were no slotted on the top bolt and didn't have normal camber adjust type bolts. So wanted to get some feedback. Do I need to get and install a camber kit etc and head to a normal alignment shop or is the dealer full of it. I have an appointment next week for them to look at it.

But they are already going down the you lowered it what do you expect path.
Old 03-20-15, 10:00 PM
MrlexEd88
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Check tire pressure first, all tires inflated to the same PSI. You can only adjust camber in the front, the rear will adjust a little while adjusting toe. Many have lowered our cars with springs or coilsovers and most report having their alignment spot on or very little adjustment needed. Have you hit anything such as a pot hole or curb? Possibly something bent underneath causing the misalignment/pull if the tire pressure are all the same.
Old 03-25-15, 03:59 AM
Niscur32
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wanted to update this....went back to dealer yesterday. The whole right side was out of spec. They redid the alignment and all is well again. Steering wheel is dead straight and nice and tight as it was before. I did see the first alignment paperwork and can confirm only the toe was out of factory spec after the drop. Camber and caster both in spec after the drop. And the first alignment was in spec when it left.

As far as the whole right side being out. I don't know what would have caused this. We didn't drive any different roads before or after the alignment. And the 20's had been on for almost 3 months. I've never had any car get out of alignment from a pothole etc on these roads around here and we have had stiffer/lower cars before. Hell my front heavy v8 240sx with stiff/hard everything that i aligned myself with string has never gone out. I'm thinking either the springs settled some more or dealer left something loose.