ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Lexus Enform Remote Review

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-15, 08:05 PM
ram0135
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@crmajor & @Ljwcic,

Do you guys know what the fix/update to the DCM is called or referred to as? I would like to schedule service on Monday to get this completed, but am half expecting the dealer to play dumb.
Old 01-30-15, 08:18 PM
roxy208
Pit Crew

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ram0135
@crmajor & @Ljwcic,

Do you guys know what the fix/update to the DCM is called or referred to as? I would like to schedule service on Monday to get this completed, but am half expecting the dealer to play dumb.
Me too. I already talked to the tech guy and he said it would be a software update via my phone.
Service dept knows nothing about this.
The problem here is, it's getting warmer and the thing works pretty good when the temp is above 65. I'm afraid they are gonna call it " fixed" and I'll have the same problems next winter.
Old 01-31-15, 08:34 AM
chgoprof
7th Gear

My dealer tech person said he still has not heard a thing about any fix. So, I am now just as lost as Lexus.
Old 02-02-15, 05:13 PM
crmajor
Driver School Candidate

Basically the explanation on the Lexus work order states there was poor programing of the DCM. Technician programmed DCM per TSIB L-SB-00003-15 to solve the problem. It took them about 2+ hours, but the first hour it seemed like they were just trying to figure out what was going on. What ever they reprogramed fixed the remote start issue. Works with both smart phone application and key fob.

My dealer did say this is new for 2015 and had not seen this issue before.

If your dealer doesn't know how to fix it have them call Nalley Lexus of Roswell Georgia.
Old 02-03-15, 06:39 PM
chgoprof
7th Gear

My dealer emailed me today and told me they now have a fix for the remote start problem. So, I guess we now all need to check with our individual dealers.
Old 02-04-15, 08:33 PM
roxy208
Pit Crew

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

The fix as made it to TX. Got an appointment Monday for a software update to solve the problem.
Old 02-05-15, 12:17 AM
ChemicalNY
Driver School Candidate

I got the update on my 2015 ES350 It works fine i started the car from my house and the dealer ship was 70 plus miles away.....
Old 02-05-15, 12:40 PM
Hub202
Driver School Candidate

Default Remote start problem

I went to the dealer yesterday and told them of the problem. I've had the car two weeks and was told it was a problem with the app. While playing with the key I realized that u can also start the car with that. Press lock twice and hold it a third time til it beeps. Then I realized it's not the app it's a problem with the system in the car. The car would only start of it was still warm. So on a cold morning it would not work. I told the dealer and he said it was a programming error with the car. They fixed and now everything is good. If you are having this problem just go to the dealer service and they will fix it. It took 2 hrs but it was well worth it and free. Good luck guys
Old 02-06-15, 06:24 PM
ram0135
Driver School Candidate

Got the update completed this morning and it now works like a charm! Thank you guys for the valuable info.
Old 02-06-15, 07:27 PM
A320pilot
Driver

Originally Posted by chgoprof
My dealer emailed me today and told me they now have a fix for the remote start problem. So, I guess we now all need to check with our individual dealers.
May I ask which dealer?
Old 02-07-15, 12:18 PM
chgoprof
7th Gear

Originally Posted by A320pilot
May I ask which dealer?
McGrath in Chicago.

I was the first car they serviced with this problem. Works perfectly now.
Old 02-17-15, 07:39 PM
Furrtree
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Hub202
I went to the dealer yesterday and told them of the problem. I've had the car two weeks and was told it was a problem with the app. While playing with the key I realized that u can also start the car with that. Press lock twice and hold it a third time til it beeps. Then I realized it's not the app it's a problem with the system in the car. The car would only start of it was still warm. So on a cold morning it would not work. I told the dealer and he said it was a programming error with the car. They fixed and now everything is good. If you are having this problem just go to the dealer service and they will fix it. It took 2 hrs but it was well worth it and free. Good luck guys

I have a appointment at the dealer Friday to have them look at this issue on my brand new GS350. I have the same exact problem as you stated and was wondering if anyone had this fixed on GS350 and know if it is the same service bulletin as the ES350. Also that trick with the key fob to start the engine is great (when it works) I didn't see that anywhere in the manual. great find by you!!!
Old 02-20-15, 07:39 PM
faruqim22
Driver School Candidate

Is Enform system (remote door lock/unlock) available on Lexus 450h 2015 models? I checked Lexus website and it appears that the system is not tested. Has anyone bought 450h with Enform?
Old 08-07-15, 09:47 AM
sandy14
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexus1998
I really hope they give us another year free once this is resolved. My thing is why did they release something that they had to know didn't work correctly and why don't they explain you can also use the Key Fob to start the car even though that also fails as much..
Lexus just extended mine for 6 months. I'm happy cause I only had the problem for 2 months.
Old 01-15-16, 03:21 PM
clintburch
Driver School Candidate

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but here goes. I have a 2015 IS 350 F, and was wondering if there was a chance that I can upgrade to ENFORM? Or if it is embedded in my existing software and only need to "activate" the system. Maybe, maybe I don't have it and it isn't even an option. Anyways, any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Lexus Enform Remote Review