ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

2013 ES350 battery dead again!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-15, 07:25 PM
Rrgirgis
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sapd911
its just by the seat button on the left side by the seat. goes up or down. I think the seat extender only comes with the UL package.
Ok thanks, i will take my car to the dealer and tell them to test to see if there is a draw on mine... This is an odd problem, it seems to effect several models but there really hasnt been a defined root cause.

I will try and see if i can get my dealer to not just replace my battery but too diagnose it and i will post back what they come up with.
Old 05-21-15, 07:30 AM
scupuja
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am going to see what the Lemon Law team at Lexus tells me, then I will proceed from there!
What ever happened? I'm experiencing the same thing and they can't find out what it is thanks
Old 05-21-15, 07:32 AM
scupuja
Driver School Candidate

I am going to see what the Lemon Law team at Lexus tells me, then I will proceed from there!

what was the out come? I'm having the same issues and Lexus has no clue to why this is happening. thanks
Old 05-21-15, 08:52 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 611 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by scupuja
What ever happened? I'm experiencing the same thing and they can't find out what it is thanks
Apparently you missed this:

Dealer located the drain issue. I have the ultimate package and it comes with a seat extender on the drivers seat. The button was wedged in the on position thus what was causing the battery to drain. lol They are replacing the switch and I will conduct a test after that to make sure, fingers crossed.
Old 05-21-15, 08:55 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by scupuja
The issue is not uncommon. I have to leave mine plugged into a battery tender if I know I'm not going to be driving it for a couple weeks. What are your driving habits, year and mileage of your ES?
Old 06-17-15, 07:46 PM
scupuja
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Mike728
The issue is not uncommon. I have to leave mine plugged into a battery tender if I know I'm not going to be driving it for a couple weeks. What are your driving habits, year and mileage of your ES?

Five miles a day its a 2013 with 33k thanks
Old 06-17-15, 07:48 PM
scupuja
Driver School Candidate

Apparently you missed this:
Apparently I did, 😁 I'll have the dealer check that out the next Maintance thanks
Old 07-07-15, 06:58 AM
brboot
Driver School Candidate

We encountered a dead battery last week. The car had sat for 3 days and would not crank. I jumped it and we had Lexus check it out. Battery checked out ok. The car is a 2013 ES350 and just a little over 2 years. The dealer which is great said they would check into this and report back. They called me back that afternoon and said they recommend replacing the "gateway" computer as this has been known to not shut down properly causing a drain on the battery.

I know this had been reported once before in this thead, so I thought I would add to it as it maybe legit.
Old 07-08-15, 06:26 AM
scupuja
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by brboot
We encountered a dead battery last week. The car had sat for 3 days and would not crank. I jumped it and we had Lexus check it out. Battery checked out ok. The car is a 2013 ES350 and just a little over 2 years. The dealer which is great said they would check into this and report back. They called me back that afternoon and said they recommend replacing the "gateway" computer as this has been known to not shut down properly causing a drain on the battery.

I know this had been reported once before in this thead, so I thought I would add to it as it maybe legit.
Thank u at my next service I'll let them check that out! Thank you 😊
Old 06-18-16, 11:08 AM
Tacopaco
Driver School Candidate

Sapd911
Just saw your 2014 post. I have the exact issue with my 2013 ES350. How did things work out for you? Any advice? I posted on this problem just this morning.
Old 06-18-16, 12:31 PM
scupuja
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Tacopaco
Sapd911
Just saw your 2014 post. I have the exact issue with my 2013 ES350. How did things work out for you? Any advice? I posted on this problem just this morning.
I never found out why I just traded it in for a newer car smh. I really liked my ES but I have kids and was tired of being stranded with them and have to call the tow truck all the dang gong time. I hope u find out why and also report it to corporate too. Bout time I did get a response to take it in I got rid of it. Good luck!
Old 10-27-16, 05:24 PM
Mike728
Lead Lap

There are a few of these issue threads, I just picked this one to post my recent observations.

Since early June, I was forced to move my car out of the garage and park in my driveway. This was due to several house projects that needed garage space to complete. Since that time, my battery issue has improved greatly. I've actually gone over a week without any problem! I know this sounds like no big deal to most of you without the issue, but I could rarely go past three days without externally charging. I obviously don't drive it much at this time, so taking it to the dealer and trying to get them to do anything was not worth the hassle.

The one thing I'm doing different is "locking the doors". Could this actually turn something off that usually drains the battery? My key fobs are not stored any further away, so that rules that out. I'm about ready to move it back in, so I guess I can experiment a bit and report back.
Old 10-27-16, 05:51 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,010 Likes on 691 Posts

There are a few of these issue threads, I just picked this one to post my recent observations

The one thing I'm doing different is "locking the doors". Could this actually turn something off that usually drains the battery? .
I would doubt that locking the doors is a factor here. My 2013 is in the garage most of the time, and I don't lock the doors. Yet, I've gone at least a couple of weeks without driving it and haven't had any battery issues. If anything, I would think that having the doors locked would actually use more power than having them unlocked because, when the doors are locked, the car's security system is in active.
Old 10-28-16, 04:55 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lesz
I would doubt that locking the doors is a factor here. My 2013 is in the garage most of the time, and I don't lock the doors. Yet, I've gone at least a couple of weeks without driving it and haven't had any battery issues. If anything, I would think that having the doors locked would actually use more power than having them unlocked because, when the doors are locked, the car's security system is in active.
Not all 2013/2014 ES's have the issue. Your's does not, so this would have no impact to you. Your car is normal.

I just found it odd that parking outside and locking the doors has suddenly remedied my issue.
Old 10-28-16, 03:59 PM
Arty101
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Good find. Perhaps locking the system shuts off whatever is causing the battery drain.

Quick Reply: 2013 ES350 battery dead again!