ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Rare to find a basic 350 with audio/backup camera and blindspot option?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-14, 09:28 PM
tracerit
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rare to find a basic 350 with audio/backup camera and blindspot option?

My dad is looking into a new ES350 and he just wants something basic. Looking around, it seems that the most basic comes the Lexus Display Audio/Backup Camera. I was looking at the inventories and there doesn't seem to be any of those with the Blind Spot detection feature until I changed the package to the Navigation Premium Audio package but this adds an extra $2000 to the MSRP. Just want to be realistic and not spend forever looking for the LDA/Backup + Blind spot if Lexus doesn't make that combination.

One other question, there's no real way to locate inventory at each individual dealership aside from asking right? Because on the website, all the dealerships link to what seems like a central Lexus database but then it only links me to only ONE dealership that's closest to me.

Also i'm a bit confused, looking at the Lexus inventory, it only lets you choose three packages but on the Build Your Lexus configurator there are five packages.
Old 03-18-14, 10:54 PM
dmanpizza
Driver School Candidate

You can locate a dealer, click on a dealership and then "view new inventory"
There is also the option of placing a special order, maybe that would produce the build you are looking for.
You would just need to be willing to wait about 60 days.
Old 03-18-14, 11:40 PM
Arty101
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Might be easier to call a dealer and see if it's available or possible to special order. You may not get as great a deal on special orders.
Old 03-19-14, 12:06 AM
tracerit
Pole Position

but when i click on "view new inventory" it says it's redirecting to another site and every single dealership brings me to the same page. well, i think i'll call in and see if i can get a deal with the special order or if getting what's available is better. thanks!
Old 03-19-14, 06:10 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,010 Likes on 691 Posts

Originally Posted by tracerit
but when i click on "view new inventory" it says it's redirecting to another site and every single dealership brings me to the same page. well, i think i'll call in and see if i can get a deal with the special order or if getting what's available is better. thanks!
My experience in using the Lexus website or the websites of individual dealers has been similar to yours, and I haven't found the experience to be especially user friendly.

Like you, when I have tried to check the individual dealer's inventory, I've been redirected to a site that appears to include all of the vehicles available in the general geographic area, and I have not found, without calling an individual dealer, a way to find out what vehicles are currently at that individual dealership. Also, while it is possible to use the site to configure a vehicle, the way that Lexus has decided to organize the package configurations does not, to me, come across as easy to use as websites of other manufacturers.

As far as finding a vehicle with the blind side monitor and back up camera but without the navigation package, when I was buying my 2013 ES last spring, I recall seeing a number of vehicles equipped that way at the dealer where I bought my vehicle. I can't tell you with certainty whether that combination is available with the 2014 ES, but I think that, in a general geographic area, it is often the case that certain vehicle configurations might be available, while those same configurations might not be available in other geographic areas.

As an alternative to custom ordering a vehicle to get the combination you want, you might also check with the dealer and see if that dealer can do a dealer trade for the vehicle you want that might be at another dealership.
Old 03-19-14, 02:51 PM
Arty101
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Being in So. Calif, you should be able to find one, or a dealer can find one if there's any available.
Old 03-21-14, 09:36 AM
tracerit
Pole Position

all the dealerships that have gotten back to me are telling me there are no es350s built with just blind spot and no navi... but i've only looked with 25 miles of our area. my dad does not want to venture further or buy out of state.

it seems the lowest blind spot equipped es350 requires the navi and premium packages with the MSRP being around 43,000 and from what i hear most people are getting 10-12% off that making it around $38,000 before taxes.

My dad is saying if he needs to get navi just to get the blind spot, then just go for a base ES350 with premium package for around 40,000 MSRP ($35,200 following the 10-12% guide) and that makes me wonder if a fully loaded Accord would be a wiser decision since they are around $31,400 MSRP.
Old 03-21-14, 11:25 AM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,234 Likes on 866 Posts

I own a 2014 loaded Accord and a 2013 Lexus with all the bells and whistles. There's no comparison between these vehicles. Further, I don't believe that you'll get a Lexus for $35,200. If you want a loaded car but not the smooth, quiet ride, and quality of a Lexus, then go for the Honda...Two different cars at two different levels.
Old 03-21-14, 02:22 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by tracerit
all the dealerships that have gotten back to me are telling me there are no es350s built with just blind spot and no navi... but i've only looked with 25 miles of our area. my dad does not want to venture further or buy out of state.

it seems the lowest blind spot equipped es350 requires the navi and premium packages with the MSRP being around 43,000 and from what i hear most people are getting 10-12% off that making it around $38,000 before taxes.

My dad is saying if he needs to get navi just to get the blind spot, then just go for a base ES350 with premium package for around 40,000 MSRP ($35,200 following the 10-12% guide) and that makes me wonder if a fully loaded Accord would be a wiser decision since they are around $31,400 MSRP.
Has he looked into the new Avalon. Nice car and a little less than the ES350.
Old 03-21-14, 06:10 PM
tracerit
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bc6152
I own a 2014 loaded Accord and a 2013 Lexus with all the bells and whistles. There's no comparison between these vehicles. Further, I don't believe that you'll get a Lexus for $35,200. If you want a loaded car but not the smooth, quiet ride, and quality of a Lexus, then go for the Honda...Two different cars at two different levels.
Thanks for your input! I will definitely have to test drive the two now as I figured most family sedans would be very similar. We are currently driving a 2005 Accord LX 4-cyl and it's served us well but creaks all over the place haha. The new Accord does look very nice but now I will need to test it out.

He's considered the Avalon but can not get over the hideous new grille that Toyota has chosen. It is a nice car otherwise.