ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Bluetooth Music Resuming Properly?

Old 11-11-13, 11:15 AM
buckoone
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth Music Resuming Properly?

Hello, this is my first post on the forums! I just leased a 2013 ES 350 (love the car BTW) and was curious if any other users experienced this:

Play a song via Bluetooth on your cell phone through the car audio, turn the car off, restart the car and the Bluetooth song gets reset to the beginning and does not resume.

In two rental cars I had previously, they both resumed from the point the song left off so I know this option is common out there. Any advice? I've asked the Lexus dealer and they have no idea why. Perhaps this is because of the synchronization that occurs every time you connect the Bluetooth?

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-11-13, 11:23 AM
2GSKaizen
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It is the synchronization that is messing this up. In our 13 and newer models the phone, bluetooth audio, and contact transfer happen every time you turn the car. As far as I know there is nothing you can do to remedy this.
Old 11-11-13, 11:36 AM
buckoone
Driver School Candidate

I've also noticed that the song gets fully stopped when the Bluetooth gets disconnected instead of paused. Could the car stereo be sending the wrong command on disconnect?
Old 11-11-13, 03:28 PM
2GSKaizen
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No. Your phone and stereo are functioning as they are designed. When the bluetooth gets disconnected and then you reconnect, the car is basically treating the phone as if it is a newly hooked up device. It just works that way. What car did you drive that would pause the song, then resume upon reconnecting?
Old 11-11-13, 03:36 PM
mspearl95
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 88 Posts

My phone reconnects just fine, and starts the music from where it left off.
Old 11-11-13, 04:48 PM
buckoone
Driver School Candidate

2GSKaizen: It worked correctly in a Chevy Cruze and a Toyota Yaris
mspearl95: What kind of phone do you have? Do you have Mark Levinson audio? Have you disabled the contacts and text sync when your car connects to your cell phone?
Old 11-11-13, 05:20 PM
mspearl95
Instructor

Originally Posted by buckoone
mspearl95: What kind of phone do you have? Do you have Mark Levinson audio? Have you disabled the contacts and text sync when your car connects to your cell phone?
Yes I have ML audio. iPhone 5, and I don't have anything disabled.
Old 11-11-13, 06:57 PM
mspearl95
Instructor

also, when I've been using USB to listen to music through my phone, then shut the car off, unhook the USB, and then start it up again and select bluetooth as the media format, it picks up where the music left of when it was playing through USB.
Old 01-16-14, 09:28 AM
buckoone
Driver School Candidate

Has anyone else had this issue?
To clarify, here's the problem:

1. Get in the car, start it, connect your Bluetooth phone, start playing a song, then shut the car off. You'll notice that a "stop" command is sent from the car to your phone. So the song stops and does not "pause" like it should. When you start the car again, your phone will not resume the same place it left off on the song.

2. If you play a Bluetooth song when your car is off, pause it in the middle of the song, then start the car, the Bluetooth resumes properly.

So, the problem here is that the car sends a "stop" instead of "pause" when you shut the car off.

I've sent this complaint during my Lexus new car survey, so hopefully they will catch it.
Old 01-20-14, 11:50 PM
MissyBissy
Rookie

I wasn't sure if it was just me but when I get a text and it reads it while listening to Bluetooth - the song restarts from the beginning. Is it just me?
Old 01-21-14, 06:50 AM
LisaES350
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

When I listen to Bluetooth audio and then disconnect, it always begins playing where it left off. It takes a few seconds to connect but then all is fine.
Old 01-24-14, 03:30 PM
ALIGN
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine works just fine. It always start where if left off. All settings are in default and using iPhone 5.
Old 01-08-15, 06:04 AM
spec
Driver School Candidate

I have a 2012 ES350 Touring Edition and I also notice that when i shut off the car, it sends a stop command to my phone (Motorola moto G 1st Gen)

My CRV works fine and pauses my music when i shut it off. I even have a bluetooth adapter from my previous car, and it would pause my music when I walked away from the car.

It looks like Lexus reserved the properly functioning pause command for the Mark Levinson Audio package. Kinda shady if you ask me...
Old 01-10-15, 08:17 AM
Canesguy
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by spec
It looks like Lexus reserved the properly functioning pause command for the Mark Levinson Audio package. Kinda shady if you ask me...
ML owners have paid a premium for this "privledge". I don't think this issue is a big deal at all for us standard audio system owners.
Old 01-12-15, 04:08 PM
Arty101
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

My standard audio system properly shuts off and resumes at the right place so I don't think it's an ML privilege. .

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bluetooth Music Resuming Properly?