ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Bluetooth Music Resuming Properly?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-15, 05:40 PM
xclream
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a base, and mine resumes where I left off properly every time I start the car.

My guess is it's an issue with the phone, not with the car audio system.
Old 01-20-15, 06:28 PM
dCota
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by xclream
I have a base, and mine resumes where I left off properly every time I start the car.

My guess is it's an issue with the phone, not with the car audio system.

That would be my guess as well. I have a '13 ES350 too, and never had a song start at the beginning when I reconnected -- with both an iPhone 5 and 6 Plus.
Old 01-08-16, 03:42 PM
az-dave
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

EVERY rental car I drive with BT restarts exactly where I leave off...and have done so since 2010.

Ive driven almost every brand of rental car, except ferraris, available...

This is the first car Ive encountered with this issue. Its not acceptable, nor is it because lexus syncronization is somehow superior to everyone else...its a design flaw or a bug
Old 01-08-16, 03:46 PM
az-dave
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Canesguy
ML owners have paid a premium for this "privledge". I don't think this issue is a big deal at all for us standard audio system owners.
Yeah...no big deal at all...Riiiiiight. Shady tricky...BS if you ask me. Paying a "premium" so that the audio system sends the correct signal the same way a $15,000 Kia does!!!! ROTFLMAO

Its call BS, and its Nooo Cool.

The fact that several people have base systems where it does work correctly seems to debunk the ML theory. Its also not the "phone" (gimme a break) - because it does the same problem in my car on any phone I use.

Seems to be a BUG, and one that Lexus or dealers just dont give a danged about...so...I never use the Media Player except on long trips because of it...then when I rent my Ho-Dunk POS dodge or ford while on biz trips, I listen to media the entire time...without Cursing the same intro to same song due to multiple stops I make on sales trips.

Last edited by az-dave; 01-08-16 at 03:49 PM.
Old 01-09-16, 03:59 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,519 Likes on 1,817 Posts

Good lord man...in forums for other models too?

Get over it!
Old 01-12-16, 10:51 AM
az-dave
Lead Lap

I dont need to "get over it" - that means I should just settle for less always, no way, sorry.

As for other forums models - I own several lexus's, and I can post where I want - good lord why are you spying on me? Get over it already :-) :-) LOL

I bought my '13 GS because I liked the power and speed, the interior is awesome, and the great the reviews (Car & Driver said BMW fell flat on its face in a comparison, and since I traded in a 528 for this GS, I agree), and my 98 is still plowing away. But some things are not really able to be "test driven" thus some of these ridiculous bugs and flaws are not apparent to someone when driving a new car which wasnt even out for a full year yet.

I have every right to complain about lackluster lame design features - you have every right to embrace those same flaws. my 2008 BMW started songs where they left off.

Please Dont let my # of posts mislead you either...Your at over 11K posts, Im not sure what else you do - thats a LOT of posts - I post when I actually Need something or Have something beneficial to convey to other people...such as My Threads on Fixing the Throttle Bodys on 2nd gen GS's due to LIMP MODE, which garnered hundreds of posts: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...ml#post9254907 , and helped tons of people who were being screwed by the dealers, not to mention hundres of PM's to those same people...or my thread on Misfires, or the Oil valve for VVTi Cam...plus my old profile got corrupted so I re-listed in 2008 when I bought a truck and the GS became a secondary car, being driven 2 or 3K miles a year, thus my miniscule post count of 358...there were thousands using my old ID.

No...I WONT get over it. Its a Stupid defect on an otherwise AWSOME car.

PS: We took the car to lexus dealer over the rear camera and the Phone Connection message, it was one of the first things I noted as crazy - block 25% of the camera view off - the dealer said it was "normal" and no way to change...I figured "OK, junk, but OK." My wife drives the car mostly - then last week I got to drive it all week, and the rear camera was driving me crazy...so I searched these forums again, and some other nice helpful users posted how to get rid of the messages - Its Built IN, and Lexus Dealer didnt even know.
But the media player things came back...my cadi restarts, but not the 5 year newer Lexus? So, I decided to try and find a solution...there isnt one, and so I post my discontent for such...hoping MAYBE someone from Lexus will take note and fix on future generations, of which I plan to acquire.
Old 01-13-16, 09:50 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,519 Likes on 1,817 Posts

Lexus doesn't own the forum. Spamming multiple threads on the forum, replying to your own posts on the subject continuing to complain about the technology in the vehicle...a vehicle that has technology two generations behind their current technology doesn't do anything but annoy your fellow members. We didn't design the car...why punish us?

If you want to contact Lexus, contact Lexus about it.

Ultimately if it bothers you that much, trade the car in on something else. Complaining about something none of us can fix doesn't get you anywhere.
Old 01-14-16, 07:42 AM
az-dave
Lead Lap

New Thread for ONLY 4th GS Owners LOL (not really) - https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ml#post9323054

a) Im not spamming, Im looking for Helpful info from nice folks on this forum that WANT to help Other

b) If the 4th gen GS portion of this forum had an exact thread related to this bug of songs not restarting from where they left off, I wouldnt have posted ES Forums - But just like when I made a thread about Limp Mode that has over 500 POsts on it now, and after having answered Hundreds of PM's, People who owned LS's posted there because the LS forums didnt address that exact problem which was the exact same engine as a GS400.

c) Annoy fellow members - you are annoying me, your being ironic.

d) 99% of all other car mfgr's restart music on every phone my, and my associates have owned where they lefy off. You have provided Zero Help to me or others on the topic, but you have made Several Posts to not only me but other Criticizing the Owner of the car, rather than truing to Help. If you dont want to Help, then please sir, Dont reply...if you have 11K + posst because you reply with Non help replies, then please stop annoying the other members.

e) Its a BUG, and Lexus should and could address it - It is NOT, as I have said numerous times, enough for me to throw the baby out with the dishwater, but it is a ridiculous bug that should not exist on a 2013 Luxury Vehicle.

Lastly - You could PM me on this issues rather than trying to insult me or try to express your superiority. Ive helped HUNDREDS of people on this forum, and your the first one who has been so aggressive toward me. Cheers Mate.

And with that, im finished, Great car, crappy interface when it comes to the Media, and the AC Button. Period, not even up for debate, Lexus Can Do Better.

I will start a thread on the GS Forums specific to this problem, and see if anyone else has the exact same issue, if its random per car, then perhaps there is a way to solve the problem. Or heck, just throw the whole car away right?

Last edited by az-dave; 01-14-16 at 08:17 AM.
Old 01-14-16, 10:08 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 613 Likes on 461 Posts

Not sure what your issue is. My 2013 ES starts right where it left off.
Old 01-16-16, 12:30 PM
Cannoli
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike728
Not sure what your issue is. My 2013 ES starts right where it left off.
I have two smart phones. My iphone starts where it left off. If I connect my Android it restarts each time it connects. I wonder if it is an Android bug?

AZ-Dave what kind of phone are you connecting?
Old 01-16-16, 04:22 PM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 613 Likes on 461 Posts

Originally Posted by Cannoli
I have two smart phones. My iphone starts where it left off. If I connect my Android it restarts each time it connects. I wonder if it is an Android bug?
Not an android bug, since that's what I have.
Old 01-16-16, 08:19 PM
chromedome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike728
Not an android bug, since that's what I have.
It's a phone bug, I'd say. Some Android phones resume properly, some don't. Maybe it also depends on what app you're using to play music because some apps don't send enough info over Bluetooth.